Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
add many of these. Even Raj doesn't know it. I am really shocked now
Lol... but i got the answer. my VLX does have a rear fog light. when you turn the switch, the brake/tail light itself glows brighter.

till now, i was just lazy to find out, today i tried it out!
Old 24th November 2009, 14:28   #152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Lol... but i got the answer. my VLX does have a rear fog light. when you turn the switch, the brake/tail light itself glows brighter.

till now, i was just lazy to find out, today i tried it out!
Well, I guess even M&M is equally lazy...!!!! How can a brighter tail lamp substitute a Fog Lamp??
Old 24th November 2009, 14:50   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, I guess even M&M is equally lazy...!!!! How can a brighter tail lamp substitute a Fog Lamp??
Just like how the extra lepper inspired grafitti on the new ones makes M&M think their car looks and performs like a grand-prix machine...
Old 24th November 2009, 15:20   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Technically rear fog-lamps are slightly brighter lights than the brake light, so that your car is visible. It is advisable not to use rear fog lamps in non-haze conditions, as they create quite a bit of glare on people following.
Old 24th November 2009, 16:04   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

They are only meant to reverse in particularly dark conditions...
Old 24th November 2009, 17:38   #156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Technically rear fog-lamps are slightly brighter lights than the brake light, so that your car is visible. It is advisable not to use rear fog lamps in non-haze conditions, as they create quite a bit of glare on people following.
Sorry if my statement was not clear. My question was, in most cars that I have seen, for example the Safari and the Swift, the rear Fog Lamps are separate units and not a part of the tail lamp assembly. Also, just like front fogs, they are housed pretty low on the bumper so as to enhance visibility during foggy conditions.
Which is why I felt that normal tail lamps if made brighter cannot replace Fog Lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
They are only meant to reverse in particularly dark conditions...
I dunno but, most fogs are red in color, are you sure they are not meant for enhanced vision for the following automobile and not reversing??
I may be wrong, but this is what I feel.
Old 24th November 2009, 20:21   #157
Senior - BHPian

Sorry buddies, the scorpio DOES NOT come with factory fitted rear fog lamps. sorry for passing the wrong info before!!!
Old 25th November 2009, 08:21   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry buddies, the scorpio DOES NOT come with factory fitted rear fog lamps. sorry for passing the wrong info before!!!
You mean that 'rear light glowing brighter' with the Fog Lamp switch being 'ON', does that happen at least?
Old 25th November 2009, 09:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

No, even that does NOT happen. my neighbour (who i asked to stand behind to look at the tail lamp) tricked me!!!!
Old 25th November 2009, 09:55   #160
BANNED

Quote:
No, even that does NOT happen. my neighbour (who i asked to stand behind to look at the tail lamp) tricked me!!!!
ROTFMAO Hmmm, so I guess we do have the opportunity to try and replace the reflectors on the rear bumper with lights if possible and make them work like rear fogs.
Old 21st December 2009, 09:07   #161
BANNED

Auto Vega Service Done

Ok, time for an update on my life with Hariya.
This weekend I had the Auto Vega guys come over to my place and clean him inside out, polish him and try their PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) on that irritating dent on the driver door.

Hariya was cleaned inside, polished, washed and polished outside. This took them around 5 hours to do it. The Auto Vega team consisted of 3 people including the proprietor of the Bangalore unit. Learnt quite a few things about car service from them as well.

I would rate the interior cleaning 7.5 out of scale of 10, exterior polishing 8.0, the PDR 6.5 and the knowledge of the team 7.5.
One thing which satisfied me immensely is the brand and the quality of the products used by them. Wurth, Jopasu, Valvoline, Bosch etc etc...
I will post photos once I m able to find my cell phone's data cable.
Went on a small drive for about 100kms this Sunday and parked Hariya next to a Fortuner in silver and I must say, he had more gleam than that 24 lac luxury SUV
Old 21st December 2009, 13:53   #162
Team-BHP Support

Devdath, can you tell me more about how they did the Paintless Dent Removal? Also, how much were you charged for this alone?
Old 21st December 2009, 14:34   #163
BANNED

[quote=benbsb29;1644141Paintless Dent Removal?[/QUOTE]
Well, this is the procedure. There is a gun which is loaded with a stick of a plastic compound which melts inside the gun and it is poured onto a hard plastic suction cup. The cup is then stuck to the dent and left to dry for around 30 secs. After this, there is a mechanical puller which is clamped to the head of the suction cup and tightened.

The puller is then operated and pulled with a jerk so that the suction cup with its adhesive plastic stuck to the paint pulls the dented sheet out. After this, a spray is used to remove the glue stuck to the dented metal and cleaned. I was not charged separately for this service but there could be a separate charge depending on the size of the dent. Hariya's dent was quite small.
Old 21st December 2009, 14:47   #164
Senior - BHPian

thats some good services man, waiting to see the result after that service of your hariya.Over here one tata delaer Aspi motors has got some machine to do such job, havent seen though.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:42   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was not charged separately for this service but there could be a separate charge depending on the size of the dent. Hariya's dent was quite small.
Thanks for the info, Devdath. Could you provide me with their number so i could contact them? Have a small dent on the bonnet which i wanted to get attended to, if it isnt going to cost me the earth. No paint damage, which means this procedure should be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks