Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 21:03   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Fantastic little present, BV my friend. Your passion for Venus shows and how!

Indeed, the City has become more than a benchmark - a companion for life.
These are proud moments for you and Venus.

Beautiful video! So glad you shared it. Take a bow, as I applaud in appreciation.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 23:40   #722
Senior - BHPian

Man, your passion for your venus can be clearly felt with this video. Really kudos to you, . Awesome presentation, awesome pictures, awesome car and passionate owner.

BTW looks like you are frequent to dwarka, i guess i've seen your venus not sure though.

Wish you a wonderful ownership experience ahead.

Keep posting some awesome videos like this, they surely are a treat to watch for petrolheads like us. Keep "em coming.

Cheers
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 16:52   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Buddy, as I said before, City is an opera and we are the conductor. It's indeed coming true with noble & passionate lovers like you.

Kudos to you .

Wish this love affair continues for years and we be privileged to be part of this history
[/center]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fantastic little present, BV my friend. Your passion for Venus shows and how!

Indeed, the City has become more than a benchmark - a companion for life.
These are proud moments for you and Venus.

Beautiful video! So glad you shared it. Take a bow, as I applaud in appreciation.
Thanks my friends! Really touched by your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Man, your passion for your venus can be clearly felt with this video. Really kudos to you, . Awesome presentation, awesome pictures, awesome car and passionate owner.

BTW looks like you are frequent to dwarka, i guess i've seen your venus not sure though.
Thanks Sameer, Yes I often visit Dwarka as few relatives and friends resides there. Also I prefer Dwarka for taking snaps as it is quite peaceful area with nice surroundings, buildings, greenery etc.

PS - Venus completed 10,000 KMs today while en-route to Jind. I have to go for 10,000 KM service ASAP. I will try to get it serviced this weekend. Except for Engine oil, Is there any thing specific I need to take care of?

I will try my best to get the horn replaced under warranty. There are couple of more issues (seems to be) like feeling of shuddering on steering wheel while starting and shutting down the engine and vibration of power window switch set while playing songs around volume 15-20+ and hard gear shifting especially the second one during first five kilometers of driving(need to consult SA over this).

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd March 2012 at 16:55.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:17   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

I will try my best to get the horn replaced under warranty. There are couple of more issues (seems to be) like feeling of shuddering on steering wheel while starting and shutting down the engine and vibration of power window switch set while playing songs around volume 15-20+ and hard gear shifting especially the second one during first five kilometers of driving(need to consult SA over this).
BV: do let me know how you get the horn replaced. I had complained for it and asked for change but the comment post service was that it ok, we tuned it. There was no change. The horn pressed while the revs are low or decelerating under braking changes the tone completely. I find the horn to be effective for smaller vehicles but the cars either don't hear it or it's just too meek. I had to brake and swerve last week as the car in front Inspite of my flashing dipper and honking took sharp turn. Horn should have been effective but it wasn't.

When was the last you got the car serviced? I think gear only has some hardening if the service interval is stretched out. Also these days the morning and late evening ambient temp is making my car engine too shudder. It should not be the case but it is. My car was serviced 2000 km ago on Jan 04 this year but it was cold then. Do take a good TD post servicing.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:29   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
BV: do let me know how you get the horn replaced. I had complained for it and asked for change but the comment post service was that it ok, we tuned it. There was no change. The horn pressed while the revs are low or decelerating under braking changes the tone completely. I find the horn to be effective for smaller vehicles but the cars either don't hear it or it's just too meek. I had to brake and swerve last week as the car in front Inspite of my flashing dipper and honking took sharp turn. Horn should have been effective but it wasn't.
Yes I know these SVC guys do try to avoid replacement by tuning the horn, the horn work fine for some days but same issue creeps in very soon as reported by some owners here on team-bhp. I will ask them to replace the horn at any cost.

AFAIK the main culprit is the low tone horn piece and not the high tone piece. Let's see their response. I am going for service either tomorrow or on Sunday, will update you on the same.

And I feel some guys on road are really stubborn. No matter how hard you honk or flash some drivers never gives the way. For sensible people only one honk is required but for insensible people even Hella/Roots/Skoda horns are not enough. It's not that Honda City's horn is weak it's just the people's poor driving manners and road sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
When was the last you got the car serviced? I think gear only has some hardening if the service interval is stretched out. Also these days the morning and late evening ambient temp is making my car engine too shudder. It should not be the case but it is. My car was serviced 2000 km ago on Jan 04 this year but it was cold then. Do take a good TD post servicing.
My car was serviced in October with some 6000KM on ODO. Don't know if the shuddering/vibration on steering wheel is normal or not but I have to get this checked. I hope everything is normal. Gears are hard for first few kilometers only but let's see what the SVC guys have to say about this.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd March 2012 at 19:35.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:06   #726
BHPian

If you guys are on tightline with the warranty dates then it is must that you get the horn replaced free in warranty. The new horn costs around 1.4K along with labour.

I got my changed free. Even with the new horn the basic characteristics of horn pitch change still remains but not a big deal of worry. The new pitch still sounds more confident than the original one.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:21   #727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
If you guys are on tightline with the warranty dates then it is must that you get the horn replaced free in warranty. The new horn costs around 1.4K along with labour.

I got my changed free. Even with the new horn the basic characteristics of horn pitch change still remains but not a big deal of worry. The new pitch still sounds more confident than the original one.
Can you let us know if both pieces were changed or a single tone piece was changed?

I agree that even new horn has characteristic of pitch change but the original sound is sweet whereas my car's horn sound very harsh. In fact I feel ashamed when I press the horn.
Old 23rd March 2012, 20:24   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Can you let us know if both pieces were changed or a single tone piece was changed?

I agree that even new horn has characteristic of pitch change but the original sound is sweet whereas my car's horn sound very harsh. In fact I feel ashamed when I press the horn.
Both the horns were changed.
I agree the new ones are bit on sweeter or bearable side.
Old 23rd March 2012, 21:21   #729
BHPian

Quote:
I will try my best to get the horn replaced under warranty.
Heard the horns from the face lifted City. The sound lot more louder than the puny ones from our era city. Try and see if can get this one as a replacement under warranty.
Old 23rd March 2012, 21:41   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the photos and a small video slideshow as I promised! Please turn on the speakers and allow the video to load completely before playing.
A great car that is lucky to have found one passionate owner. Keep it going mate. That was a superb video overflowing with emotions and passion.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 10:43   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Heard the horns from the face lifted City. The sound lot more louder than the puny ones from our era city. Try and see if can get this one as a replacement under warranty.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will ask the SA to give the best possible solution of my problem. I will also compare the horn of 2012 City at SVC(I hope there will be few for the first service).

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
A great car that is lucky to have found one passionate owner. Keep it going mate. That was a superb video overflowing with emotions and passion.
Thanks Arvi, I am really happy that you liked the video and felt the emotions in it.

PS - I am leaving for the service station right now, will try to post a proper report once I return.

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th March 2012 at 10:45.
Old 24th March 2012, 14:32   #732
BHPian

I got the delivery of S-MT last night. Tire code says "1911" which I believe is mfg date of 19th week of 2011. I battled hard with Pride Honda, Madhapur, Hyd but didn't get a convincing answer why the tires are a year old. How can I remedy this.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:11   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
I got the delivery of S-MT last night. Tire code says "1911" which I believe is mfg date of 19th week of 2011. I battled hard with Pride Honda, Madhapur, Hyd but didn't get a convincing answer why the tires are a year old. How can I remedy this.
Can you post a pic for reference? Where it is written? It is not necessary that 1911 means mfg date of 19th week of 2011.

And Many Congratulations for your Honda City.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 19:48   #734
Senior - BHPian

10,000KM Service Report!

It was time for the 10,000 KM service. I Went to Ring Road Honda for this job.

First I will mention the issues which I was facing

->Horns – Low tone horn was not working

->Feeling of shuddering on steering wheel while starting and stopping the engine.

->Vibration/Noise from the driver side power window switch set during high volume music play.

->Slight noise while operating the rear left side Power Window.

-> Slightly hard gear shift for initial few kilometers of driving.

Now the solutions/Explanation of the problems by SA I mentioned in the same order.

-> On Horns – Were replaced under warranty. The SA just honked and asked for the warranty booklet. No questions were asked, no tuning anything. Looks like every other Honda City has this horn issue, that’s why they are so familiar about it. The low tone horn was not working. I insisted on getting the complete set changed and they agreed. Now I am happy to listen the same sweet sound of Honda City horn. I also compared the 2012 City’s horn but it was almost similar. The SA told me it’s the same company providing the horn now and before.

-> On Shuddering - SA suggested it’s normal but I asked her to call some senior technical person to clear my doubt. The other person came and checked the car. I was satisfied after checking the same with other Cities present there for service. Check out the startup video I made at the SVC and see if anything is unusual there.

-> On power window switch set rattle - It was rectified – Now there is no noise from the power window switch set.

-> On noise during power window operation - It was rectified by lubrication.

->On hard gear shifts – SA told that it’s normal due to early morning temperature. He said things will get better as temperature starts rising and it’s normal.

I opted for mineral oil only. There were lots of tape adhesive marks left due to the flower decoration at the time of my brother’s marriage in November. I tried washing the car several times but the marks were not coming off. I asked the SA about detailing facilities and I was quoted 1900 for the Jewel Ultra’s DiamondBrite. The coating is effective for 6 months. Related thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...nd-brite.html.

Though the cost was on higher side but I want the marks to be removed at any cost. I am attaching the brochure of the product, please have a lookhttp://www.jewelultra.co.uk/upload/f...tober_2010.pdf.

It is a UK brand with three step coating. Earlier RR Honda guys had 3M on panel for detailing purposes. I was extremely satisfied by the after results. I forgot the 1900 INR damage after looking at the mirror like glossy bonnet.

I refused the Wheel alignment and balancing job as lot of time was already taken by detailing work and I was getting late. Also I hardly felt any issue with alignment so this job is now delayed till 15,000KM service. SA told me that engine oil filter change is not required at 10,000KM and will be changed at 15K KM interval.

Overall it was very nice experience at Ring Road Honda just like every time, will give them 9/10 (cutting one mark as there is always some scope for improvement). They offer good after sales support and listen to customer & take action accordingly. The waiting lounge has TV, internet (I logged into team-bhp couple of time in afternoon from there only), facilities for Tea, Coffee, magazines, brochures etc.

Now let me mention the breakup of servicing cost.

-> 10,000 KM paid service – Rs.780
-> Mineral Engine oil – Rs. 1050
-> Washer drain plug – Rs.20
-> DiamondBrite Surface coating – Rs.1900
-> Taxes – Rs. 475
-> Total – Rs. 4200

I was given a discount of Rs.300 and I paid Rs.3900. Please note that the normal servicing cost is under Rs. 2000 only.

Now few pictures

The Swanky Showroom cum Service Center with all basic facilities!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-3.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-4.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-5.jpg

Engine Bay after washing.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-6.jpg

Interior Cleaning

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-7.jpg

Guys doing DiamondBrite Coating

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-8.jpg

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-9.jpg

Labour Charges chart near the billing area.

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-10.jpg

Little Brio saying Hello to All!

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-2.jpg

Finally the Beauty - Just see the gloss on the bonnet-Paisa Vasool Shine

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-honda-city-ivtec-service-report-photos-1.jpg

That's all from my side folks!

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th March 2012 at 19:57.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 20:01   #735
BHPian

Re: 10,000KM Service Report!

Quote:
It was time for the 10,000 KM service. I Went to Ring Road Honda for this job.

That's all from my side folks!
Nice detailed write-up with neat pics. I am gonna check with my Whitefield Honda dealer in Bangalore on whether he is providing DiamondBrite at his service center. I know he gives 3M for sure but will give it a shot and see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks