Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:00   #691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux
Hi there bluevolt! Although this is my first post here, I have followed this thread right from the start as a non member. Must say that this is a brilliant thread for Honda City owners.
However wanted to know if you are still facing any trouble shifting into 2nd, especially during cold starts.
Crux, jumping the gun, at 18k km my city still has this feature
It takes time for the gearbox to warm up and 2nd gear is stiff during cold starts.
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:16   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

It takes time for the gearbox to warm up and 2nd gear is stiff during cold starts.
I've tested my car several times, always faced this problem with HP petrol, rarely with Indian Oil and never with BP.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 12:49   #693
Team-BHP Support

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I've tested my car several times, always faced this problem with HP petrol, rarely with Indian Oil and never with BP.
What does how easily a gear can be slotted have to do with what fuel you fill in?
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:43   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

What does how easily a gear can be slotted have to do with what fuel you fill in?
Yeah, I would love to understand that as well
The gears are lovely to slot but yes, gear 2 needs some work. During spirited drives (gearbox warm/not cold) it engages pretty well, I guess you are not tryIng to slot it at very low rpm.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 17:13   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

Yeah, I would love to understand that as well
The gears are lovely to slot but yes, gear 2 needs some work. During spirited drives (gearbox warm/not cold) it engages pretty well, I guess you are not tryIng to slot it at very low rpm.
I really don't know that. I had told this on this forum earlier and many people questioned the logic. I've discussed this service engineers as well. No one seems to have a clue. But I've observed the problem clearly with HP petrol.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 17:43   #696
BHPian

Why is the 2nd gear only affected by the cold gearbox? Shouldn't the other gears be affected as much by it?
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:26   #697
BHPian

Quote:
I really don't know that. I had told this on this forum earlier and many people questioned the logic. I've discussed this service engineers as well. No one seems to have a clue. But I've observed the problem clearly with HP petrol.
I always use HP Normal Petrol and have observed resistance while shifting to 2nd. Tried many times to explain to service engineers and they have not able to give convincing answers. During all the free services have made a note about this.

Once even the senior service person came with me and illustrated that if the revs don't match then it doesn't slot, but then i questioned why it is only with 2nd, he said since you drive many cars you would get used to it.

Points i noted:
1. If you rev upto 3000 rpm and try slotting it to 2nd then there is resistance,
2. If you go beyond 20kmph in 1st and slot to 2nd then there is resistance.
3. if your speed is 30+ and try downshifting to 2nd from 3rd there is resistance.

By the way few others in the forum have reported it for the City, it looks like common issue with Honda's. Not sure though but a sore point while driving.

Will try with BP and see if there is improvement, just to check your analogy.

Thanks & Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 22:38   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Hi there bluevolt! Although this is my first post here, I have followed this thread right from the start as a non member. Must say that this is a brilliant thread for Honda City owners.
Many thanks for the kind words. I am happy to know that the thread is helpful for many!

Quote:
However wanted to know if you are still facing any trouble shifting into 2nd, especially during cold starts.
Now temperatures are reaching 30-32 degrees in Delhi/Gurgaon and things are getting a lot easier than compared to December and January.

But yes for early morning starts like 4-5 AM, it is still hard. And you are right problem is specially for 2nd gear only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Earlier in January I used to have this issue even when I start my car in afternoon but now it is limited to early morning starts when temperature is 10-15degrees here.

Quote:
I remember you have posted this experience earlier also on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
+1

Quote:
Why is the 2nd gear only affected by the cold gearbox? Shouldn't the other gears be affected as much by it?
Good question, the problem is specially with 2nd gear - I am also looking for the explanation. Experts please chip in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Will try with BP and see if there is improvement, just to check your analogy.

Thanks & Cheers
MKP
Please do report back with your findings!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 13:17   #699
BHPian

Looking at this thread life & many Honda city followes here, may be i shall get the first hand information !.

Booked a TD for Honda City (S) next week. But am bit uncomfortable with the Biege interior. It look too bright to my eyes. Yes - it means more spacious view inside, but would like to have it a sober colour (how about Jazz X blue/black !).

But am sure, i can not do a mix & match - right ?.

Another catch - my madamme' confirmed the car color should be 'Urban Titanium' - so CE edition is ruled out !.

Do i have a solution for this ?.
Old 4th March 2012, 13:43   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Booked a TD for Honda City (S) next week. But am bit uncomfortable with the Biege interior. It look too bright to my eyes. Yes - it means more spacious view inside, but would like to have it a sober colour (how about Jazz X blue/black !).

Another catch - my madamme' confirmed the car color should be 'Urban Titanium' - so CE edition is ruled out !.

Did you check with the dealer if they could swap your interiors with the CE version?
Or better get in touch with someone who has booked the CE version and swap with him.
Or
Last but not the least try convincing your madame .. All the best

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2012, 13:50   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well no solution for this, CE is not available in urban titanium. You have to step up and look for E,S, V.

Quote:
Looking at this thread life & many Honda city followes here, may be i shall get the first hand information !.

I also own S variant and I have no issue with beige interiors. But if beige is not upto your taste then you can definitely get customized black (or whatever color you want) seat covers/interiors to match up with your taste. I don't think that you can do anything with dashboard, it has to be the way it is.

Have you booked the car or not? If yes then please do share the OTR + discounts if any!
Old 4th March 2012, 15:58   #702
BHPian

@bluevolt - am fine with the higher variant S or V, but the biege is standard in all - which is why am bit confused !.

Changing leather Uphotstery for fabric is a good bet... but still it is biege !.

Again a basic question (spare my limited knowledge !) - only the seat covers can be changed (obviously additional - not factory made) - what else can be changed ?. Yes. dashboard - is not one of them.

Have not booked yet. Though, am more inclined towards Honda City, Skoda Rapid is on my TD list. It is segment wise apple to apple, but am sure can feel good-difference between two in experience.
Old 4th March 2012, 16:50   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@bluevolt - am fine with the higher variant S or V, but the biege is standard in all - which is why am bit confused !.

Changing leather Uphotstery for fabric is a good bet... but still it is biege !.

Again a basic question (spare my limited knowledge !) - only the seat covers can be changed (obviously additional - not factory made) - what else can be changed ?. Yes. dashboard - is not one of them.

Have not booked yet. Though, am more inclined towards Honda City, Skoda Rapid is on my TD list. It is segment wise apple to apple, but am sure can feel good-difference between two in experience.
I don't think it will be logical to do any modification to interiors except seat covers. Rest experts can comment.

I guess Interiors of Skoda Rapid are also beige.
Old 8th March 2012, 19:12   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So what you have finally decided? Do let us know.

Update - Ring Road Honda people are calling since past week to bring the car for servicing. I am nearing 10K mark so planning to get it serviced soon.

Last edited by bluevolt : 8th March 2012 at 19:18.
Old 9th March 2012, 19:05   #705
Senior - BHPian

I spotted this gold beige Honda City with angel eyes ON and I must say it was looking spectacular. At the red light I grabbed my P&S(yes I keep my P&S in car hoping to spot a scoop someday team-bhp effect).

Ever since I spotted this Honda City I am too thinking of getting this type of lights for my car. I am complete noob when it comes to lighting etc.

Guys please have a look at the photo I took of that car and tell me whether it was angel eye, projecter, DRL or anything else?

It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!-dsc06480.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 9th March 2012 at 19:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks