Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 20:56   #676
BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

I need some advice whether to get Honda Assure or buy insurance outside, the fine print is tricky. Also, I suppose stock tyres are covered in insurance, so what is the chance of me needing insurance if I change to 195s.
thanks in advance.
Old 28th February 2012, 08:37   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

This really depends on the installer. If you are getting a branded film than those people are expert enough to do this job from inside otherwise if one get local films than it should be fitted strictly from outside. I have local films and guy was not expert enough so I asked him to put that from outside only.

And one harm of getting the film installed from inside is that you can not remove the film and it will damage the heater wires for sure.

I am really suffering because of this as I have got 30% visibility on rear and reversing in night is tough task. And we know it is quite difficult to reverse Honda City even without any films.
I agree that I am lucky, I never thought of getting it off as once the installation is done properly I would not need to get it off, mine is 70% visibility (almost clear with a slight hint of there being something reflecting more than usual). As this is mother's car, dark tints were strict no no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif
I need some advice whether to get Honda Assure or buy insurance outside, the fine print is tricky. Also, I suppose stock tyres are covered in insurance, so what is the chance of me needing insurance if I change to 195s.
thanks in advance.
Assure is more peace of mind but you can get zero depreciation policy from outside for the price point. I had Assure and the first accident happened after 10 months, the turn around time was phenomenal at 3 days I got my car back. Reason, Honda's own system of insurance. But the second policy I got is from Tata AIG with zero depreciation as Assure similar policy was quoted about 10k more than AIG.

My suggestion is to go for zero depreciation policy from any company that gives you best quote.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 20:41   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamsaif View Post
thanks in advance.
My suggestion is also with Honda assure just for the sake of complete peace of mind. The claim process is quick and hassle free. Atleast for first couple of years you please stick to Honda Assure.

Upgraded tyres will be also under insurance but their warranty will be not entertained by Honda. When my tyre's side wall was damaged Honda helped me getting 50% discount on new tyre purchase.

And do share final OTR including discounts and freebies.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 22:24   #679
BHPian

thanks for putting up with my questions. Also, wanted to know if Michelin Primacy 195/60 R15 change GC and by how much will FE change.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:13   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks for putting up with my questions. Also, wanted to know if Michelin Primacy 195/60 R15 change GC and by how much will FE change.
You can expect 2-3% drop in fuel efficiency but not by any large margin.

I don't know if installing a wider tyre will help in increased GC? Experts may clarify this.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 15:01   #681
BHPian

Just booked S-MT in Urban Titanium Metallic. OTR 9.74, freebies include: Garware sun-film on side & rear glasses, teflon coat, body cover, registration, 3rd yr extended warranty, 3rd yr road side assistance. no reduction in handling charges, no corp or cash discounts, option to choose insurance, no guarantee about Michelins. Likely delivery 24th March. can't wait.
tamsaif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 17:41   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just booked S-MT in Urban Titanium Metallic. OTR 9.74, freebies include: Garware sun-film on side & rear glasses, teflon coat, body cover, registration, 3rd yr extended warranty, 3rd yr road side assistance. no reduction in handling charges, no corp or cash discounts, option to choose insurance, no guarantee about Michelins. Likely delivery 24th March. can't wait.
Congratulations!
I heard that OEM Michelin XM1 is out of stock pan- India. XM1+ are not OEM and market is ready for XM2, by this speculation I think you need to try and upgrade the new tyres. I have covered 18k in as many months and now I feel that the grip from tyres (XM1) is far less than required for fast runs. Do go in for nice alloys & tyre upgrade package you will enjoy.

Cheers!
Old 29th February 2012, 17:50   #683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations on the booking!

SMT for 9.74 lakhs seems like the kind of pricing I got for my '09 City SMT.

A very good thing that you've got 3rd year extended warranty and RSA.

Btw, what did you finally decide about Insurance?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 18:43   #684
BHPian

thnx Sn1p3r, will ask you about tire upgrades once find which ones come std. do you think I need to change the std alloys?

thnx libranof1987, i need some time to really go over insurance fine print comparing Assure and others. What I won't be getting is NCB, as my current insurer Chola, downgraded me from comprehensive to third party, just because I didn't pay Rs. 88 ( rise in premium after I bought mine). I didn't get their first reminder and the second one came in Nov. But I was not aware that third party was not eligible to NCB, so I didn't bother to rectify. Hence, 45% in NCB gone in vain.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:43   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations tamsaif. Please post pics of your new car upon getting the delivery and do start a ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congratulations on the booking!

SMT for 9.74 lakhs seems like the kind of pricing I got for my '09 City SMT.
RTO charges in Hyderabad is whopping 60K more than Gurgaon.
Old 29th February 2012, 21:10   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thnx Sn1p3r, will ask you about tire upgrades once find which ones come std. do you think I need to change the std alloys?
I wasn't aware that the new S version comes with alloys. The OEM alloys on Honda are extremely reliable. Stick with it. Tyre upgrade can happen on the same rims. Cheers!
Old 29th February 2012, 22:44   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
I wasn't aware that the new S version comes with alloys.
I feel very bad because of this. I paid 9.60 lacs for the SMT (which came with steel wheels) and the same is available for 9.00 lacs with alloy wheels. Damages worth 80K for first gen SMT owners.

Honda introduced new 10 spoke alloys in 2012 V variants and 5 spoke alloys now comes with SMT.

Last edited by bluevolt : 29th February 2012 at 22:47.
Old 1st March 2012, 18:50   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt

I feel very bad because of this. I paid 9.60 lacs for the SMT (which came with steel wheels) and the same is available for 9.00 lacs with alloy wheels. Damages worth 80K for first gen SMT owners.

Honda introduced new 10 spoke alloys in 2012 V variants and 5 spoke alloys now comes with SMT.
Such is life. But I heard and again I can be wrong; new car has some more indigenous localization thus the price drop.
I have VMT and I don't feel I lost anything as time spent with your car = priceless

The depreciation and reduced cost of the car is enhancing my will to try modifications hopefully soon.
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:56   #689
Senior - BHPian

Why can't a 10 lakh rupee car like Honda City have starter protection mechanism when a 4 lakh rupee i10 has the same.

I have by mistake cranked already started engine at least 3-4 times during red lights and I fear it may damage the starter. I hope all goes well.

Culprit is the ultra silent Honda engine!

PS - Is the 2012 upgrade has this feature? Nitin Rai, can you please confirm?
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:12   #690
BHPian

Hi there bluevolt! Although this is my first post here, I have followed this thread right from the start as a non member. Must say that this is a brilliant thread for Honda City owners.
However wanted to know if you are still facing any trouble shifting into 2nd, especially during cold starts.
crux is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks