Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 12:47   #871
Senior - BHPian

re: It's Me and My Honda City i-VTEC - It's Us Against the World! EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
I was just wondering whether it is possible to fit a LPG kit in the city. An AT city with a LPG kit would be a ideal combination.
Installation is possible. A couple of my relatives are using CNG Kits in their City and Civic for last couple of years.

Most people don't recommend installation in Honda cars for the sake of i-VTEC engines but that is different story altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
AFAIK Honda clearly opposes fitment of any type of kits on their cars. In some cases I have heard that they even refuse to service cars with LPG or CNG kits.
That's not true. In Delhi, most of the petrol cars are converted to CNG and I have seen many Honda cars with CNG kits at Ring Road Honda service station.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th August 2012 at 12:53.
Old 5th August 2012, 22:42   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
I was just wondering whether it is possible to fit a LPG kit in the city. An AT city with a LPG kit would be a ideal combination.
Despite advised otherwise, I converted my old Indica Xeta to LPG. Had night mares after that. Smell of LPG in the cabin, fear of over heating etc.

Though Honda City and Indica Xeta are leagues apart, still it may not be a good idea. Why ruin a smooth running gem of an engine?
Old 5th August 2012, 23:41   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
Despite advised otherwise, I converted my old Indica Xeta to LPG. Had night mares after that. Smell of LPG in the cabin, fear of over heating etc.

Though Honda City and Indica Xeta are leagues apart, still it may not be a good idea. Why ruin a smooth running gem of an engine?
I guess this is not a issue with a Indica or a Honda City, it's about installation quality of CNG/LPG kits.

Just make sure the installer is good. Even the Corollas/Accords in five star hotels to pick up and drop guests from/to airport are CNGfied.

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th August 2012 at 23:44.
Old 7th August 2012, 16:51   #874
BHPian

Have to take my ANHC for the 1st year service next week, although we have driven only 6,500 km's so far But i guess i have to stick with the Honda recommended maintenance schedule of 12 months.

The SA at Whitefield Honda was saying that they would be doing wheel alignment + balancing as part of it. I am thinking of getting it done probably at a dedicated tyre center. Wouldn't that be better?

And is a tyre rotation recommended to be done as the car crosses the 1st year of ownership?

Thinking of changing the headlight bulbs as well , without screwing up the warranty. What are the recommended ones? Is Philips Xtreme Vision the one to go for?
Old 7th August 2012, 17:00   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
The SA at Whitefield Honda was saying that they would be doing wheel alignment + balancing as part of it. I am thinking of getting it done probably at a dedicated tyre center. Wouldn't that be better?
You can get the same job done at a dedicated tyre shop at much less price as compared to what the service center charges.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:15   #876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have to take my ANHC for the 1st year service next week, although we have driven only 6,500 km's so far But i guess i have to stick with the Honda recommended maintenance schedule of 12 months.

And is a tyre rotation recommended to be done as the car crosses the 1st year of ownership?

Thinking of changing the headlight bulbs as well , without screwing up the warranty. What are the recommended ones? Is Philips Xtreme Vision the one to go for?
Honda is actually getting enormously irritating with the service schedule. Now, they are actually calling even the '08 City every 3 months for service. And they are of course arrogant enough to threaten voiding warranty if we don't adhere to it.

About tyre rotation, yea, get it done at a dedicated tyre shop.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:40   #877
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of getting it done probably at a dedicated tyre center. Wouldn't that be better?
Get it done outside. Far cheaper and importantly its done in your presence.

Quote:
More than years of ownership as a good practice rotate it every 5k km.

Quote:
Philips Xtreme Vision the one to go for?
Philips Xtreme is good. No need to cut wires just a simple plug and play.
Old 10th August 2012, 22:17   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
1st September 2011 -
Today I used the new body cover for the first time. It is exactly tailored for the car but a little different from what I got as a freebie.
Attachment 603377
Attachment 603378
It's not even one year and my car cover is already in very bad state (ripped from many places). Not even the genuine covers lasts for more than a year and new one will again cost 1500.

I don't think that it is a good idea to spend 1500 Rupees every year on an OEM car cover.

Can anybody suggest a place in Delhi/NCR from where I can get a cover for my Honda City with Antenna hood and ORVM caps for much less price?

Or should I get an original cover again?

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th August 2012 at 22:28.
Old 10th August 2012, 22:31   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not even one year and my car cover is already in very bad state (ripped from many places). Not even the genuine covers lasts for more than a year and new one will again cost 1500.

I don't think that it is a good idea to spend 1500 Rupees every year on an OEM car cover.

Can anybody suggest a place in Delhi/NCR from where I can get a cover for my Honda City with Antenna hood and ORVM caps for much less price?

Or should I get an original cover again?
Try kashmiri gate, Lot's of shops and you'll get it at wholesale price.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 18:02   #880
BHPian

Don't wish to hijack this thread, but felt that I had to highlight this point about the after sales service...

Well we told our driver to park our City at a certain place and give the keys to my dad who was in a meeting at that place. This happened at around 8:00 pm on Sunday. What transpired was that our 'smart' driver had parked the car and left it with the lights on at full beam As a result, when my dad returned to the car at around 11:00 pm, the battery was fully drained.

When my dad called up the Honda 24 hour service helpline No., the person from Honda flatly refused to send any kind of recovery vehicle or any service personnel. Apparently, the reason for this was that Honda 24 hour service helpline is NOT valid for any Honda City manufactured after June 2011 but is only available for the Civic, Accord and CR-V!
It was really fortunate that my dad was just a 5 minutes drive from our house. This incident was an eye opener as to whether the Honda A.S.S really is better than the rest or not. While routine servicing is carried out satisfactorily by the service centre, I was really disappointed with Honda's lack of transparency in service policies.
Old 11th September 2012, 01:45   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Don't wish to hijack this thread, but felt that I had to highlight this point about the after sales service...

Well we told our driver to park our City at a certain place and give the keys to my dad who was in a meeting at that place. This happened at around 8:00 pm on Sunday. What transpired was that our 'smart' driver had parked the car and left it with the lights on at full beam As a result, when my dad returned to the car at around 11:00 pm, the battery was fully drained.

When my dad called up the Honda 24 hour service helpline No., the person from Honda flatly refused to send any kind of recovery vehicle or any service personnel. Apparently, the reason for this was that Honda 24 hour service helpline is NOT valid for any Honda City manufactured after June 2011 but is only available for the Civic, Accord and CR-V!
It was really fortunate that my dad was just a 5 minutes drive from our house. This incident was an eye opener as to whether the Honda A.S.S really is better than the rest or not. While routine servicing is carried out satisfactorily by the service centre, I was really disappointed with Honda's lack of transparency in service policies.
I know how it feels when one gets stranded on road because of a dead battery.

After price correction Honda does not provide road side assistance to every City customer, one has to purchase the extended warranty + road side assistance program from them while buying the car.

So if your car was bought after price cut then it may not be covered under road side assistance if you haven't purchased this plan separately.

Last edited by bluevolt : 11th September 2012 at 01:47.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 21:35   #882
Senior - BHPian

My City's second year insurance is due for next month. Right now I have Bajaj Allianz-Honda Assure 0 dep insurance policy. Last year IDV was 6,90,000 and premium was around 20K.

Please tell me what should be the IDV/premium for this year. Someone called and told me that premium for this year will be 18k (0 dep).

Should i continue with 0 dep or get a normal policy?

Please guide.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:36   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My City's second year insurance is due for next month. Right now I have Bajaj Allianz-Honda Assure 0 dep insurance policy. Last year IDV was 6,90,000 and premium was around 20K.

Please tell me what should be the IDV/premium for this year. Someone called and told me that premium for this year will be 18k (0 dep).

Please guide.
I will suggest you to continue with O dep policy as long as you can.

Regarding the IDV, I guess it should be around 552,000 or near about.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 27th September 2012, 03:35   #884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Please guide.
At the end of year 2, I think I paid around 14.5k for a 0 dep policy with an IDV of ~6.5 lakhs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2809738

You have another year of 0 dep policy; I'd suggest you go for it.
Old 27th September 2012, 11:10   #885
BHPian

Somehow I always find Honda Assure - Bajaj Allianz quotes on the higher side. I did my 1st renewal a month back with an IDV of INR 8 lakhs and paid 17k. Renewal was through Tata AIG (Pearl Plan) with zero dep & NCB protection (for 2 claims)

No harm checking their quotes.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed