Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 15:36   #241
dot
Senior - BHPian

re: My Grey Shark: Honda Civic V-MT. 134,000+ kms crunched & counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
It's the soft part of the dashboard.
Attachment 559844

If I use thinner to remove the Feviquick gum residue, I'm sure that portion would shrink.
You can try acetone or nail polish remover dipped in ear-buds, coat the droplets and quickly scratch them off. Then wipe off the rest of the solvent by a tissue. Do make sure that lot of solvent does not get collect at any given point of time. Continue to wipe them off. The soft part of dash is made from polyurethane. A short and quick exposure wont be harmful. The dash polish on the applied area will definitely go. But if you have Armor All or any brand of polish, you can always repolish. Good luck.

BTW, nice car.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 21:20   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations.
Thank you! Only during these last months I realized how hard it is to ask your parents for money, after you get used to live independently!

Quote:
Saw such a kit on @The Saint's Civic yesterday. They look really cool. Didnt have time to ask him how he procured it as he was too busy giving the ICE demo to a large crowd. Check out the photos on the last few pages in the Mumbai-Pune mega meet thread.

BTW, where do you get such things?
Driven in Delhi has the stuff which they brought down from Bangkok! Though I was like when I came to know the price! The full kit (Door trims, Gear lever trim, and steering wheel piece) costs INR 22xxx!

Interesting thing is, it is only ABS plastic (Genuine Honda ABS, at that) with CF print on it. Even though the print is of very high quality, it still is just plastic! And I am being a bit apprehensive to spend money to replace plastic with 'plastic' just for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am glad the car is back in shape, well almost..

Well, you are most welcome Rohit. It was a pleasure talking to you. I have been researching on Honda forums and found EVO mounting kit on many Hondas.

Let me know if you need any, our neighbours have shop in azad market, they can procure a decent one for some 7-800. Genuine Honda should be over 3k.
Good to know EVO mounting are original stuff! Send me the info through a PM about the bodycover details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Nice to know that your problem has been resolved Ace.
Any plans for a ICE upgrade too in the future along with the CF kit?
Naah, I will rather spend those bucks towards Turbo Charging the car at later stages!

Quote:
Ok My car went to workshop, it was just a day affair, but in the meantime things have slightly gone offside,
Day - 1, work well done, but pathetic colour match, Sai colorium accepted the mistake curteously, They said the'll repaint the door n running board lower portion once again.
Day -2 , Paint matched the original condition, but when removing the extra paint using thinner which was coated on the door(they painted it to get the correct colour match), my doors paint got slightly shrunk(small dot dot patches ) due to thinner.
Once again, they accepted the mistake, and told me to leave the car Monday(today), and the'll get it repainted once again.
Fingers crossed... hoping to get the car in good condition by today evening :-)
Similar case as mine! But hey, my car's paint is metallic and hence hard to match, yours is silver, right!

Quote:
@Gaurav, NCB(No claim Bonus) cannot be transfered from one owner to the other owner. This holds good for all Insurance companies.
Only insurance can be transferred , but not NCB
In simple terms, one can just transfer the insurance's NCB from one vehicle(when he sells it off) to other(can be new or used) IFF both the vehicles are in his name.

Does anybody know how to remove FEVISTICK gum marks from the dashboard ? spilled some drops of gum on the Civic dashboard, almost near the speedometer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Lastly, do enquire from Tata AIG, if the previous owners no claim will be transfered to your name. If not, its worth taking a claim.
Thanks guys. I will phone Tata AIG and will re-confirm!

Many pages have gone without pictures! Need to click a few once the monsoon showers hit Delhi!!!

@ dot: Interesting info! Thanks for sharing...
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 10:39   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can try acetone or nail polish remover dipped in ear-buds, .
Thanks for the tip DOT.
I'm yet to try it. Will use Nail polish remover n let you know the outcome of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Similar case as mine! But hey, my car's paint is metallic and hence hard to match, yours is silver, right!
Mine is Bluish Silver.
Difficult to match the colour too.
My car is back in business. Got it 2 days back. It's back to it's previous glory ;-)

Last edited by sushrutha : 15th June 2011 at 10:40.
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 12:30   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is back in business. Got it 2 days back. It's back to it's previous glory ;-)

Apologies if I missed it earlier, but how much did it cost you in the end?

Regards,
spadix
Old 17th June 2011, 12:10   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Apologies if I missed it earlier, but how much did it cost you in the end?

Regards,
spadix
Just 2.5K Rs after all the fiasco.
There was not a single argument, Sai colorium accepted the mistakes(Colour mismatch + Shrinkage of piant).
They have done the work fantastically. Kudos to Sai colorium + Khan
SAI Colorium - Home
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...-colorium.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh by the way, I have named my CIVIC as CONCORDE 1001.
I have always loved the CONCORDE supersonic flight (Concorde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for various reasons. By the way 1001 is the reg number of my CIVIC ;-)
Old 24th June 2011, 13:14   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just 2.5K Rs after all the fiasco.
There was not a single argument, Sai colorium accepted the mistakes(Colour mismatch + Shrinkage of piant).
They have done the work fantastically.

Wow. 2.5 is very reasonable, to be honest. Glad to know the work is done to your satisfaction.

BTW, bad days of my car continue. I was waiting at a red light near moolchand flyover when a speeding biker decided to kiss my car. Result is a dent + deep scratch on front passenger door.

If the trend continues, I may decide to take my car back to my hometown and buy a used Nano.

@ Sushrutha: Good choice with the naming of your beloved car! As a kid, even I fancied the Concorde. During mid nineties when I was 7-8 years old, one of my neighbors had a wall poster of a flying Concorde in their drawing room and I used to visit them everyday just to have a look at the legend. Beautiful it was, indeed.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 24th June 2011 at 13:19.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 13:53   #247
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW, bad days of my car continue. I was waiting at a red light near moolchand flyover when a speeding biker decided to kiss my car. Result is a dent + deep scratch on front passenger door
Terrible. Maybe the Shark does need the old territory back.

Or these are teething issues, hopefully.

Quote:
Nice. I have seen a Concorde flying at low altitudes in real life. Pretty similar comparison, must say.

Last edited by dot : 24th June 2011 at 13:54.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 14:50   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
these are teething issues, hopefully.
Thanks and I too, hope the same.

Quote:
Nice. I have seen a Concorde flying at low altitudes in real life.
Lucky you to see the legendary bird flying, in reality. Flying in a Concorde was the first thing that came across my mind when I was boarding an Airbus A380 in 2008. How I wish she was still in service! I might even have gone to the limits of flying with Air France to experience the Concorde, even though I hate AF services to the core.

Anyway lets get back to the car world, shall we! Am planning to get my car a thorough cosmatic treatment. But who knows how long she will be safe from these stupid street roadies!!!
Old 24th June 2011, 14:53   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have always loved the CONCORDE supersonic flight
Oh my God! Thats my dream team. I love the Concorde's looks just as much as I love the Civic's looks. I literally had tears in my eyes when they showed the last flight of the Concorde in news channels.

Quote:
BTW, bad days of my car continue. I was waiting at a red light near moolchand flyover when a speeding biker decided to kiss my car. Result is a dent + deep scratch on front passenger door.
If the trend continues, I may decide to take my car back to my hometown and buy a used Nano.
Thats pretty bad Ace F355. I know how much it hurts when our car suffers for no fault of ours.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 14:56   #250
Senior - BHPian

Ohhh so the ordeals are on
Rohit, this is one of the reasons I am in Chandigarh and not in NCR, no matter how much you care about your ride.
One moron or another will take it down.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:12   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
I literally had tears in my eyes when they showed the last flight of the Concorde in news channels.
I also bid farewell to the icon in 2003 through news channels. And I also remember staring at pictures of her final flight displayed at YYZ (Pearson International Airport, Toronto). Great memories you have made me recall.

Quote:
Thats pretty bad Ace F355. I know how much it hurts when our car suffers for no fault of ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Ohhh so the ordeals are on
Rohit, this is one of the reasons I am in Chandigarh and not in NCR, no matter how much you care about your ride.
One moron or another will take it down.
I know. Chandigarh is much better, compared to NCR. But we don't have choices a few times, do we!
Old 24th June 2011, 15:28   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, bad days of my car continue.
Dude, Shark ko Nazar lagi hai
Either tie a Thick black thread or
put a sticker saying 'Buri nazaar wale tera mooh kala '

Probably a bad phase... Don't worry it will all end soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355
@ Sushrutha: Good choice with the naming of your beloved car! As a kid, even I fancied the Concorde. During mid nineties when I was 7-8 years old, one of my neighbors had a wall poster of a flying Concorde in their drawing room and I used to visit them everyday just to have a look at the legend. Beautiful it was, indeed.
Quote:
Nice. I have seen a Concorde flying at low altitudes in real life. Pretty similar comparison, must say.
Quote:
Oh my God! Thats my dream team. I love the Concorde's looks just as much as I love the Civic's looks. I literally had tears in my eyes when they showed the last flight of the Concorde in news channels.
Thanks you guys...
That's the best name I could ever think for this car.
Whenever I think of the Concorde flight, I get goosebumps.
What a wonderful flight, sad they are grounded now.
Heard that It might be back in business once again, but definetely not very soon.

I'm very shortly fittting my concorde with Mini Morimoto H1 projectors with 4300K bulb. I'm yet to order these projectors.(around $295 for the complete kit with angel eyes. Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc )

Have already brought the Blazer projectors for the fogs, it's in transit & being shipped to an US address. Will be getting them very shortly.
Blazer projectors are very much good and bang on VFM product($55.63 including shippin)
Info
Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc
New Product: Blazer Foglights
Old 24th June 2011, 15:49   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
put a sticker saying 'Buri nazaar wale tera mooh kala '
Lolzz. or this new one I read sometime back "Jal mat kishton pe aai hu"...

@Rohit, two wheelers will never learn.. . But believe me, the traffic sense around south delhi is still much better than many other parts of delhi. May be these are signs telling you that your favourite RED will look much more meaner on the car..Take Care Man.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th June 2011 at 15:51.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:51   #254
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm very shortly fittting my concorde with Mini Morimoto H1 projectors

Have already brought the Blazer projectors for the fogs,
Sweet. The best part seems to be that you can continue to use the same headlamp and fog lamp assembly. So basically, take out the current bulb housing and insert the projectors. Then attach the projector wires via a relay to the main circuit. Is that it? Wow!
Old 24th June 2011, 15:59   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sweet. The best part seems to be that you can continue to use the same headlamp and fog lamp assembly. So basically, take out the current bulb housing and insert the projectors. Then attach the projector wires via a relay to the main circuit. Is that it? Wow!
Absolutely.
That's why I have chosen the Mini H1 Morimoto Projectors, It's just a retrofit, no cutting no slicing no drilling, almost Plug n play projectors.
Else I would have chosen the TL projectors, THE BEST as of now, but this involves cutting n drilling the reflectors.

Blazer fogs, I think one has to cut either the reflectors or the blaze projectors to fit in the O.E. Civic fog lamp assembly.
Mine is a S MT so I just have tofit in the projectors in a suitable slot and do the wiring+relay+switch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks