Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 12:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms

. No. I wasnt in Goa. Just that, had no clue you were going. Again.
About the car buying, good that you let that go. Lets discuss this further offline.

What tyres have you finalised? Try the Potenza's. Slightly expensive, but pretty nice. Especially for your kind of running.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 12:33   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
What tyres have you finalised? Try the Potenza's. Slightly expensive, but pretty nice. Especially for your kind of running.
I've finalized on Continentals or Potenzas only. Will do tyre hunting soon.
Let me know if you have any contacts.
No Yokos or Michelins.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:22   #213
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, it seems like you had excellent driving conditions enroute. Where is the excel sheet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Decision : I backed out from that car. As suggested by you.
Stick to bikes please
Old 12th October 2012, 17:48   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Great pics, it seems like you had excellent driving conditions enroute. Where is the excel sheet?

Stick to bikes please
Xls sheet scrapped in between. The driving route was good. Only after the right turn from nipani negotiating with the pot holes/broken road/no roads was a big task. Was expecting some punctures with the continentals. Dint happen though! Diesel Engine rocks
Old 6th November 2012, 12:40   #215
BHPian

Re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 3rd Service Report

3rd Service Update
ODO meter reading : 46000 kms plus.

The normal procedure started of booking for a slot at BuB for the service. However they dint have any slots for next 2 weeks. I told the receptionist that if its delayed then the car would clock more kms in between and i will not be held responsible for warranty issues. Result - a slot was given in next two days.
  • During the normal inspection, the door handles and the ignition key holes were bit hard (due to the monsoon)
    They were lurbricated.
  • The left side A/C vent grill was broken (thanks to ninjatalli for pointing it). It was replaced under warranty.
    Else the cost for the assembly was 700 INR!
  • The 3rd service is the replica of the 1st service (which happened 1 year back).
    1st service cost ~ 7200 INR
    3rd Service cost ~ 8200 INR
    Reason - service tax 12.36% (which was 10.36% last year) + inflation in spare parts rate
I'll try and put up the scan copy of the service bill.
Next Change - Tyres!
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 11:44   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Next Change - Tyres!
Me too! Been dilli-dallying this decision for too long (@souravc would kill me when he gets to know I still haven't changed the tires yet ) Lets get this done in the coming week - what say? 8 tires should get a good bargain!

Btw I booked my slot for the 2nd service - for a slot in next month! Talk about planning in advance!

p.s. 8200 INR is neat!
Old 9th November 2012, 11:59   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Me too! Been dilli-dallying this decision for too long (@souravc would kill me when he gets to know I still haven't changed the tires yet ) Lets get this done in the coming week - what say? 8 tires should get a good bargain!
Yes, lets have a look(please give rest to the spare tire ).
The SA advised not to take the car on expressay until i change the tires.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:19   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He is not the only one. @mikon has 'banned' me from talking to you for this reason.

Quote:
The SA advised not to take the car on expressay until i change the tires.
Not only the eway, please include other roads such as the one to Lavasa. And please base it on speeds too, even within town. Now that the rains are gone and so is most of the loose gravel on the roads, this should be the ideal time for a tyre change.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:13   #219
Senior - BHPian

Ninja/Mikon, guys lemme know what tyres you get and the cost at which you get them.
I need to change the tyres on the Laura too. But, that can wait for a few more months.

Mikon: 8200 is pretty cheap, considering this was your 3rd servicing! Im not even commenting on the kms you and Ninja have clocked on your respective rides

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 9th November 2012 at 14:14.
Old 9th November 2012, 16:44   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ninja/Mikon, guys lemme know what tyres you get and the cost at which you get them.
Top pick seems to be Continental C2P2 - 195/60/R15 (or 195/55/R15).

Quote:
I need to change the tyres on the Laura too. But, that can wait for a few more months.
Well I have two trips planned over the coming weeks - need to change the tires before that; hence the next week comment.

Quote:
Im not even commenting on the kms you and Ninja have clocked on your respective rides
Old 9th November 2012, 18:17   #221
BHPian

Quote:

Mikon: 8200 is pretty cheap, considering this was your 3rd servicing! Im not even commenting on the kms you and Ninja have clocked on your respective rides
Sirji, let us know your "return to base" plans, we can go for tyre hunting. Ninja and me are planning to do a check next week as it is a priority for him to change them (he isnt sparing the spare tire)

Regarding Kms: its increasing slow and steady
Old 9th November 2012, 21:38   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3rd Service Update

3rd service just shade over 8 grand is damn good. Do upload the bill and did you ask SA to exempt any thing?

Quote:
Top pick seems to be Continental C2P2 - 195/60/R15 (or 195/55/R15).
My advice stick to 195 55 R15 or better 205 55 R15 (Yoko S-Drive).

195 60 R15 is a wrong size with difference of 2.4% over stock which is almost close of 3% tolerance limit. My pick 205 patch rubber in Apollo Acelere.

Another advice, you guys should get your car remapped by Kirus, 130 HP & 323 NM torque.
Old 11th November 2012, 19:15   #223
BHPian

Hey, good to know on the third service cost though mine is about 6k away at the moment. I got a quick post monsoon check done yesterday and got my brake pads replaced finally. ODO reading 38600. Tyres are also due to change and have finalised on bridgestone to be done this week in Pune.

BUB charged around 2500 for all checks and the labour cost plus washing etc.

Happy driving,
Nikesh

Quote:
3rd Service Update

The normal procedure started of booking for a slot at BuB for the service. However they dint have any slots for next 2 weeks. I told the receptionist that if its delayed then the car would clock more kms in between and i will not be held responsible for warranty issues. Result - a slot was given in next two days.
  • During the normal inspection, the door handles and the ignition key holes were bit hard (due to the monsoon)
    They were lurbricated.
  • The left side A/C vent grill was broken (thanks to ninjatalli for pointing it). It was replaced under warranty.
    Else the cost for the assembly was 700 INR!
  • The 3rd service is the replica of the 1st service (which happened 1 year back).
    1st service cost ~ 7200 INR
    Reason - service tax 12.36% (which was 10.36% last year) + inflation in spare parts rate
I'll try and put up the scan copy of the service bill.
Next Change - Tyres!
Old 12th November 2012, 12:45   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
3rd service just shade over 8 grand is damn good. Do upload the bill and did you ask SA to exempt any thing?

My advice stick to 195 55 R15 or better 205 55 R15 (Yoko S-Drive).

195 60 R15 is a wrong size with difference of 2.4% over stock which is almost close of 3% tolerance limit. My pick 205 patch rubber in Apollo Acelere.

Another advice, you guys should get your car remapped by Kirus, 130 HP & 323 NM torque.
Yes, I did not do the tyre rotation and wheel balancing. Its because, I would be replacing the tires soon. Even the SA recommened that.

How is the Apollo 205 55 R15? I'm planning to stick to 195 55 R15 CPC2

Kirus? you got me thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hey, good to know on the third service cost though mine is about 6k away at the moment. I got a quick post monsoon check done yesterday and got my brake pads replaced finally. ODO reading 38600. Tyres are also due to change and have finalised on bridgestone to be done this week in Pune.

BUB charged around 2500 for all checks and the labour cost plus washing etc.

Happy driving,
Nikesh
Very Nice! Do let me know the deal you got for the tyres and also which size? We might have a look!

2500? I thought the monsson check was free.
The total brake-pad change procedure costed me around 2500 INR.
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 13:47   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did not do the tyre rotation and wheel balancing. Its because, I would be replacing the tires soon. Even the SA recommened that.
Wheel alignment & balancing is one costly job at VW Workshops. Good to not have it done since you did be replacing the tires soon.

Quote:
How is the Apollo 205 55 R15? I'm planning to stick to 195 55 R15 CPC2
Many wont agree with me over here. Keeping Indian road conditions in mind Apollo Acelere & JK Vectra suit them the best. Yokohamas are very much prone to sidewall damage & bubbles. Sourav has developed problems with most of his C-Drives.

Checked Apollo Acelere website, but they haven't listed 205 55 R15 which previously was there, maybe since 205 is very less moving tire size.

Here is one link for Acelere 205 55 R15.

Apollo & JK have a life of 4 years after which you need to change them even if kilometers clocked is very less. Since they are tough tires and take everything in their pride without a hiccup, whereas Yokos & Michelin always have problem with soft sidewall & rubber.

Michelin do have 205 55 R15 size in their Pilot Preceda II.

I did try to get 205 55 R15, since it gives the right proportion, wider patch, side wall is actually bigger than 185 60 R15(try comparing at 1010tires).

My pick 205 55 R15 either Apollo Acelere or Michelin PP2.

Quote:
Kirus? you got me thinking
One of the bhpian has got it done on his Rapid 1.6 TDi. Kiirus have their shop at Seawoods, Navi Mumbai, 5 mins from my place, but they even travel to places around India given their are certain number of client at that location.

Link.

Kiirus.

Hope it all helps you for deciding tires & a remap.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks