Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:24   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

19000 kms in 7 odd months! What are you high on!

What a lovely pic that is! Absolutely loved the effect and the empty Nariman Point road! Thats a wonder in itself. Would have been great to drive on that empty stretch.

You know what- why dont you post the pics you've put up on FB. Those are some lovely pics there too!
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:58   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
19000 kms in 7 odd months! What are you high on!

What a lovely pic that is! Absolutely loved the effect and the empty Nariman Point road! Thats a wonder in itself. Would have been great to drive on that empty stretch.

You know what- why dont you post the pics you've put up on FB. Those are some lovely pics there too!
Sirji!.. High on Diesel.

Nariman Point is indeed beautiful after 1 am. Plus there are sightings of real monsters on road - this time it was R8, SLS AMG white, DB9, Cayenne(s), And numerous Mercs and BMWs. Maybe we can organize a night drive on any saturday - Eat, Chill @ Nariman, Drive Back.

Which pics in FB? I dont post them as I am there with the car and I block the view due to my size
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 17:51   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Actually its closing 19000
Hi mikon,

Congrats on the car. It surely is one good looking machine in all of T-Bhp.
I had booked a Vento TDI TL version and awaiting delivery this week. I had done a PDI of my TL version which is waiting in the dealer's garage already. Just finishing up on my loan formalities.

Was a little skeptical about the lack of ABS and Airbags in my car since the time I booked it about 3 weeks ago. To the point that I somehow managed to arrange for the price difference over the last couple of days. But now, the dealer is saying that the HL version will take almost 3 months to deliver.

I had already waited so long for a new car (courtesy: a cancelled Swift ZDi) that I cannot wait for another 3 months. Since you seem to have clocked the most miles here on T-BHP on a TL Vento TDI, could you please give me your thoughts on the following questions which have been plaguing me:

1) I am sure you must have had your share of close calls due to motorists, trucks coming out of nowhere when you are doing triple digit speeds on the highways. During emergency braking at speeds above 120 kmph, did the car stick to a straight line without too much drama?

2) How does the car behave during cornering coupled with braking?
Old 7th November 2011, 09:24   #139
BHPian

Thank you very much,technocratroy !
I wish you get your car ASAP.
I can udnerstand the pain of the waiting period.
My replies are in bolde. Hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocratroy View Post
Hi mikon,

Congrats on the car. It surely is one good looking machine in all of T-Bhp.
I had booked a Vento TDI TL version and awaiting delivery this week. I had done a PDI of my TL version which is waiting in the dealer's garage already. Just finishing up on my loan formalities.

Was a little skeptical about the lack of ABS and Airbags in my car since the time I booked it about 3 weeks ago. To the point that I somehow managed to arrange for the price difference over the last couple of days. But now, the dealer is saying that the HL version will take almost 3 months to deliver.

I had already waited so long for a new car (courtesy: a cancelled Swift ZDi) that I cannot wait for another 3 months. Since you seem to have clocked the most miles here on T-BHP on a TL Vento TDI, could you please give me your thoughts on the following questions which have been plaguing me:

1) I am sure you must have had your share of close calls due to motorists, trucks coming out of nowhere when you are doing triple digit speeds on the highways. During emergency braking at speeds above 120 kmph, did the car stick to a straight line without too much drama?

I've upgraded the tyres. The car is really stable at emergency braking above 120 too. It does tick to striaght line. But it did fish-tails a bit which is negligible.

2) How does the car behave during cornering coupled with braking?
It is stable. But the coupled brakings should not be too hard while cornering in high speeds.
Old 7th November 2011, 10:18   #140

Quote:
Thank you very much,technocratroy !
I wish you get your car ASAP.
I can udnerstand the pain of the waiting period.
My replies are in bolde. Hope it helps!
Thanks mikon.That is quite helpful!

I am checking if someone has recently cancelled a HL version to see if I can get that. Else, I have decided to go ahead with the TL version and upgrade to alloys soon. In any case I am not waiting for more than a week or two.

Also, do we need to run in the car for the first few thousand kms or so? I heard that cars these days are already run in at the plant for a few hundred kms as part of quality check and so a proper run-in may not be required. Could you please shed some light?
Old 7th November 2011, 12:49   #141
BHPian

Quote:

I am checking if someone has recently cancelled a HL version to see if I can get that. Else, I have decided to go ahead with the TL version and upgrade to alloys soon. In any case I am not waiting for more than a week or two.

Also, do we need to run in the car for the first few thousand kms or so? I heard that cars these days are already run in at the plant for a few hundred kms as part of quality check and so a proper run-in may not be required. Could you please shed some light?
Exactly! I did the same thing. Got a TL and did the car up-to my taste. Yes I do not have some features of HL. But I can live with that!

Run-In : I did not do any run-in. But yes I was not ripping the car for 1000 km. Would suggest you to go easy on first 1500 kms
Old 7th November 2011, 14:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:

During my visit to the Sevice Center the Service Advisor told me no need of Run In as the engine is kept start for 48 hours before putting it in the car.

But still I am going to take it easy for the first 1500 Kms. It also helps you in getting accustomes to the car.

Quote:
Exactly! I did the same thing. Got a TL and did the car up-to my taste. Yes I do not have some features of HL. But I can live with that!

Run-In : I did not do any run-in. But yes I was not ripping the car for 1000 km. Would suggest you to go easy on first 1500 kms
Mikon, You black Mamba is definately one of the hottest Ventos around!! Keep clicking good pics!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 22:06   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Mikon, You black Mamba is definately one of the hottest Ventos around!! Keep clicking good pics!!
Thanks a lot rachit. Glad you liked it
Old 7th November 2011, 23:22   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If you have booked a HL, but are opting for a TL, do make sure to showcase it as an issue of VW, and not as your choice. Reasons - discounts.

When I made a lot of noise regarding the new price of the refreshed Vento, I was offered the TL, but with a large number of goodies. Free insurance + a few accessories + cash discounts too! (in addition to the already available corporate discount). Nothing wrong in trying for it, ain't it?

Btw the engine might not need a run-in but the rest of the car surely does need it. Especially those brand new OEM tires if nothing else. Take it easy during the first 1500 kms. As @rachit correctly puts it, you get to know your car a lot more better during those kms.

Btw @mikon, you may wanna try again - it's been moved to the correct section
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 08:37   #145
Senior - BHPian

Mate , the mamba at Nariman point looks stunning . Any thoughts about K&N ? BTW , there are a few additional mambas cropping up in the XUV threads as well
Old 8th November 2011, 09:44   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
When I made a lot of noise regarding the new price of the refreshed Vento, I was offered the TL, but with a large number of goodies. Free insurance + a few accessories + cash discounts too! (in addition to the already available corporate discount). Nothing wrong in trying for it, ain't it?
I did not even get a key chain as a gift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Mate , the mamba at Nariman point looks stunning . Any thoughts about K&N ? BTW , there are a few additional mambas cropping up in the XUV threads as well
Thanks a lot!. Another Mumbai run is going to happen soon! If possible. Lets Meet up.
I'm still skeptical about the warranty issues if I put K&N and HID. But who cares.
Lol, Yes I saw the new Mamba Generation
Old 8th November 2011, 11:12   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did not even get a key chain as a gift.

Thanks a lot!. Another Mumbai run is going to happen soon! If possible. Lets Meet up.
I'm still skeptical about the warranty issues if I put K&N and HID. But who cares.
Lol, Yes I saw the new Mamba Generation
Who asked you to get the car so early

I'm pretty sure a few months down the lane, once the Rapid is in full production, even the Vento Tdi HL would start having discounts & freebies.

Btw with regards to your next mumbai trip - is it during this weekend? I'm planning one too, this coming Friday evening! Got three co-passengers, three kittens

Do tell.
Old 8th November 2011, 11:12   #148
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thought of adding one picture.

Mamba at Nariman Point, Mumbai, 0130 hours
What a picture man, I loved the light streak caused by some moving objects in front of the Mamba.

While 19000 is a lot, but recently I came to understand that Pune-Mumbai KK Innovas complete 2.5-3Lakh Kms in a year. Just thought to throw in this snippet of useless information.
Old 8th November 2011, 11:25   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Btw with regards to your next mumbai trip - is it during this weekend? I'm planning one too, this coming Friday evening! Got three co-passengers, three kittens

Do tell.
I might be going on saturday and come back on sunday. Purely Clubbing purpose. I'll let you know if its confirmed. Do Come Over with your kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
What a picture man, I loved the light streak caused by some moving objects in front of the Mamba.

While 19000 is a lot, but recently I came to understand that Pune-Mumbai KK Innovas complete 2.5-3Lakh Kms in a year. Just thought to throw in this snippet of useless information.
Thanks sir! Yes I was trying to capture more light streaks, but there were less cars. I'll try some more shots and will upload.
KK Innovas are meant to do that and their revenue is much more than that.
Old 8th November 2011, 11:39   #150

Quote:
If you have booked a HL, but are opting for a TL, do make sure to showcase it as an issue of VW, and not as your choice. Reasons - discounts.

Btw the engine might not need a run-in but the rest of the car surely does need it. Especially those brand new OEM tires if nothing else. Take it easy during the first 1500 kms. As @rachit correctly puts it, you get to know your car a lot more better during those kms.
@ninjatalli: I had booked a TL and was contemplating switching to a HL version. But now it appears that I will have to stick to my booking. Also, the discounts which I initially negotiated with the dealer was free insurance, 15K worth accessories apart from the corporate discount. But over that I am not getting any cash discounts. Since I may not utilize the full 15k on accessories, I may get the difference amount deducted on the OTR price of the car.

Regarding the run-in period, I agree to what all you guys are suggesting. Will keep it simple for the first 1500 kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks