Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 10:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Is it a free service right? Why they included labour charges too.
Is the oil synthetic one? Seems to be on seeing the price.
Except labour charges, every other consumables are nominal.
Vento has service intervals of 15K km and has no free service . The engine oil is semi synthetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post

Yes, Right on!. But I'll do the wheel-balancing after some kms!
Actually I did enquire about K & N. The SA had no idea. And he said the same old story about Warranty void and stuff.
I'm toying the idea of idea of K&N, ECU re-map and HIDs.
Thanks mikon . Well , warranty void is the trump card for the SAs for anything that they don't know ! K&N is on my agenda and HID pops up as a priority the moment one of those cars on high beams approach me
I am not too keen on ECU re-map since I feel that I seldom get to use even a reasonable amount of the stock power and more importantly the perennial threat of "warranty void" and VW costs if anything untoward happens - I do not even have too much confidence on the capabilities of the workshop guys . Maybe I would give the car a couple of years before any ECU remap .
Old 15th September 2011, 10:32   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
I am not too keen on ECU re-map since I feel that I seldom get to use even a reasonable amount of the stock power and more importantly the perennial threat of "warranty void" and VW costs if anything untoward happens - I do not even have too much confidence on the capabilities of the workshop guys . Maybe I would give the car a couple of years before any ECU remap .
I think you're right on these statements, I will give the ECU-remap some more time. I'll concentrate on HIDs or projectors.
Old 15th September 2011, 11:51   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

@mikon - got a serious grouse against you. I believe even the Mamba would agree with me on this.

The servicing pics weren't taken by your SLR! Your mamba looked better during the Goa trip than she looked after the servicing

But 7100 INR sounds good. So far, we haven't seen any high cost servicing by any of the Vento owners out here on the forum!
Old 15th September 2011, 12:16   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@mikon - got a serious grouse against you. I believe even the Mamba would agree with me on this.

The servicing pics weren't taken by your SLR! Your mamba looked better during the Goa trip than she looked after the servicing

But 7100 INR sounds good. So far, we haven't seen any high cost servicing by any of the Vento owners out here on the forum!
Sirjee, Went directly from office. Hence no DSLR. And Iphone camera is pathetic! You're true about the goa pics!
Yes service is nominal, I'm planning to change the engine oil at 21000 km at a local shop.
Awaiting your blue lagoon's ownership
Old 15th September 2011, 12:46   #125
BHPian

Re: Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi- 1st Service report

Quote:
Mamba went for the first service today.
Nice that the first service experience was good for you. By the way, I liked how you have placed the transparent TBHP sticker on the bonnet!
Old 15th September 2011, 12:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Mikon

Have been following your thread for a while now, albeit silently. Your Vento looks killer in black and I am sure you are taking a lot of pain to maintain it that way. I appreciate that a lot. And those Lenso alloys look cool too.

INR 7,000 isn't bad at this point but I guess we will have to see long term service costs to make some honest comparisions with other brands. I look forward to more updates in this thread. Congrats on your black beauty and keep enjoying those German horses!
Old 15th September 2011, 13:22   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nice that the first service experience was good for you. By the way, I liked how you have placed the transparent TBHP sticker on the bonnet!
Thank you. Hope the rest of the service is a good experience too !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Mikon

Have been following your thread for a while now, albeit silently. Your Vento looks killer in black and I am sure you are taking a lot of pain to maintain it that way. I appreciate that a lot. And those Lenso alloys look cool too.

INR 7,000 isn't bad at this point but I guess we will have to see long term service costs to make some honest comparisions with other brands. I look forward to more updates in this thread. Congrats on your black beauty and keep enjoying those German horses!
Thank you !!
You pointed it correctly (no-one did it till now) Its really a pain to maintain the black. Every now and then with a mild rain, it gets dirty, and its prominent too. But everytime, its washed and polished, no other colour comes closer to its gleaming shine. My personal feelings though.

I intend to update this thread with every tweaks, modifications, service , spare parts, experience etc. This will help in comparision and first hand experience to other users too.

Thanks again!
Old 15th September 2011, 14:42   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you !!
You pointed it correctly (no-one did it till now) Its really a pain to maintain the black. Every now and then with a mild rain, it gets dirty, and its prominent too. But everytime, its washed and polished, no other colour comes closer to its gleaming shine. My personal feelings though.

I intend to update this thread with every tweaks, modifications, service , spare parts, experience etc. This will help in comparision and first hand experience to other users too.

Thanks again!
My pleasure. I am all game fella for any Black car, no matter it is from Maruti or Lamborghini! Black is my favorite, period.

And I echo your words that no one can ignore the gangsta feel of shiny black car on road. Black looks best when shiny and it is equally hard to maintain that way. Why am I not an owner of a black car then? Simple, I do not have enough time to devote to a black car. Hack, I take so much pain for maintaining the pearly color on my Shark, and wonder what would have happened if I had bought it in Black!!!

You, my friend, are a lucky guy to drive around in a shiny Black Vento, and I know how much you would be taking care to maintain the car that way. I am a fan, all right! Cheers...
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 16:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Sirjee, good to see Mamba completing its 1st service. How was the overall experiance with B U Bhandari? Better than VW Pune (Vidyut)?
7k for 1st servicing doesnt sound that bad!
Ideas about K&N, ECU remaps sound great! When and how? Do let us know.

Now, since I am in the same boat, I can understand the difficulties in maintaing a black car. Its a pain in you know where .
Old 15th September 2011, 16:44   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sirjee, good to see Mamba completing its 1st service. How was the overall experiance with B U Bhandari? Better than VW Pune (Vidyut)?
7k for 1st servicing doesnt sound that bad!
Ideas about K&N, ECU remaps sound great! When and how? Do let us know.

Now, since I am in the same boat, I can understand the difficulties in maintaing a black car. Its a pain in you know where .
Sir,
I've neever been to Vidyut. Yes saw it once on my way. So I've no experience with them. I'm already on hunt for K&N and HIDs. Lets see.

Yes, maintaining a black car is PITA .
When Can we expect the ownership report of the new black "Boa Constrictor" ?
Old 15th September 2011, 18:03   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir,
I've neever been to Vidyut. Yes saw it once on my way. So I've no experience with them. I'm already on hunt for K&N and HIDs. Lets see.

Yes, maintaining a black car is PITA .
When Can we expect the ownership report of the new black "Boa Constrictor" ?
For HID's get in touch with BHPian @Naveen.Raju. His Vento HID's / Angel Eyes are to die for. Do update us on the K&N's once done.

"Boa Constrictor" - Thats a nice name! The ownership report is in Assemby line, just need to add pictures.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 22:57   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here are some fresh pictures. Hope you like them and suggestions awaited.
Hi mikon, some hot pictures and one hot car you got. Though the shadow blue is my personal favorite on the Vento, your black mamba scores equal points with a perfectly matching alloy. Apart, I like the way you talk through your posts - just plain yet crisp.

Since I would like to keep a close watch on the FE of recent cars in these segments, I am amazed by the FE of such big a car - 20ish for you and many others on the highway and 15ish in city! Is the Fluidic the only car that betters the Vento in terms of FE in this segment?

Do you mind letting us know the camera specifications for the snaps on page 5 and any effects you might have added while editing. I liked the first snap of the lot much.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:45   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Hi mikon, some hot pictures and one hot car you got. Though the shadow blue is my personal favorite on the Vento, your black mamba scores equal points with a perfectly matching alloy. Apart, I like the way you talk through your posts - just plain yet crisp.

Since I would like to keep a close watch on the FE of recent cars in these segments, I am amazed by the FE of such big a car - 20ish for you and many others on the highway and 15ish in city! Is the Fluidic the only car that betters the Vento in terms of FE in this segment?

Do you mind letting us know the camera specifications for the snaps on page 5 and any effects you might have added while editing. I liked the first snap of the lot much.
Hey Thoma thanks a lot and Welcome to team-bhp. Hope you enjoy your stay !
Yes, I'm not a writer kinds, so I keep it to the point!

Regarding FE, yes I get around 18 to 20 if speed varies from 90 to 140+. The car has covered 18000 + kms in a span of 7 months and returns the same efficiency. I donot know about Fluidic's FE. I only liked the fluidic's interiors and nothing else. Again views differ. Awaiting the Skoda rapid's market reviews and performance.

I use a Nikon D60, and the snaps were taken using a 70-300mm lens. I use lightroom for minor tweaks. I'm still a novice in photography. Hope that helps!

Last edited by mikon : 31st October 2011 at 12:49.
mikon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 13:34   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

18000+ kms! And you guys tell me I am on a race

If you are novice, wonder where do I consider myself
Old 1st November 2011, 23:30   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
18000+ kms! And you guys tell me I am on a race