Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2011, 13:33   #151
BHPian

Re: My Black Mamba -VW Vento TDi- EDIT : 1st Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocratroy View Post
Also, the discounts which I initially negotiated with the dealer was free insurance, 15K worth accessories apart from the corporate discount. But over that I am not getting any cash discounts. Since I may not utilize the full 15k on accessories, I may get the difference amount deducted on the OTR price of the car.
Lucky you!. Get all the accessories. If possible, get the floor mats laminated within that window frame. I'll try doing it after an interior-cleaning (the interiors of my car roof and other parts has attracted a lot of dust ).
Yours would be probably the second TL after mine in team-bhp.
Any mod plans? Waiting for your ownership report.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:19   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Lucky you!. Get all the accessories. If possible, get the floor mats laminated within that window frame. I'll try doing it after an interior-cleaning (the interiors of my car roof and other parts has attracted a lot of dust ).
Yours would be probably the second TL after mine in team-bhp.
Any mod plans? Waiting for your ownership report.
Well, having a service advisor in that dealer as my brother's close friend helped a bit. But, the discount list I have mentioned is pretty much standard across India these days I guess.

For the floor mats, I liked the see through mats from VW, but the dealer seems to be out of stock for those. So I am contemplating getting 3D kagu mats. That should solve the problem of dust collection in the cabin since it folds up on the sides of the carpet area. No?

No major mods planned as of now except the ICE. This is what I have in mind in the near future:

ICE - JVC 816 BT HU
Cerwin Vega 4 ch amp
Cerwin vega/RF front comps and rear co-axials
Cerwin Vega/RF 12" woofer with enclosure
Front panel for a good fit.
ICE should cost me anywhere from 35k to 40k.

Tyres + Alloys (within 5k kms): Would prefer factory fitted if the prices have dropped down to 25k or so..Else, something from HRT or Lenso in the same price bracket. Tyres would be Yoko's or Michelin 15". Still undecided on the profile syze.

Race Chip (from Germany) at 15k kms after the 1st Service: Should cost around 15k I guess. Read a thread on T-bhp where someone installed it on a Figo and is quite happy with it. Vento is not listed in their site. But a 1.6 TDi Polo is listed. Please check it out and let me know what you feel. Claimed power is 136BHP and 333 Nm of torque. But I am a little skeptical on that. A costlier alternative is of course the Pete's box which some people claim is safer for the car. Cannot imagine having that much power without ABS. Should make me one crazy dude who cares very little about the safety (of others inside and outside the car )

Chiptuning RaceChip - Volkswagen Polo V (6R) 1.6 TDI CR, 1598ccm, 77kW (ca.105PS)

Imported Projector head-lights in the future. Depends on Vitamin-M's availability
technocratroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 15:16   #153
BHPian

Hey! Please find my replies in bold:

Quote:
For the floor mats, I liked the see through mats from VW, but the dealer seems to be out of stock for those. So I am contemplating getting 3D kagu mats. That should solve the problem of dust collection in the cabin since it folds up on the sides of the carpet area. No?

I'm not sure. Please try it and let me know.

No major mods planned as of now except the ICE. This is what I have in mind in the near future:

ICE - JVC 816 BT HU
Cerwin Vega 4 ch amp
Cerwin vega/RF front comps and rear co-axials
Cerwin Vega/RF 12" woofer with enclosure
Front panel for a good fit.
ICE should cost me anywhere from 35k to 40k.

Thats a nice setup.
I have Kenwood Dual Din (forgot the model number)
Front - 1 set Infinity Component Speakers - Reference Series.
Rear - 1 set Infinity Component Speakers - Reference Series.
Sony Xplod 2 way Amp
Helix Bass Tube

I need to upgrade the Amp.

Tyres + Alloys (within 5k kms): Would prefer factory fitted if the prices have dropped down to 25k or so..Else, something from HRT or Lenso in the same price bracket. Tyres would be Yoko's or Michelin 15". Still undecided on the profile syze.

I Changed it on Day 2. Got Continental 15". The sooner you change the better price you get.

Race Chip (from Germany) at 15k kms after the 1st Service: Should cost around 15k I guess. Read a thread on T-bhp where someone installed it on a Figo and is quite happy with it. Vento is not listed in their site. But a 1.6 TDi Polo is listed. Please check it out and let me know what you feel. Claimed power is 136BHP and 333 Nm of torque. But I am a little skeptical on that. A costlier alternative is of course the Pete's box which some people claim is safer for the car. Cannot imagine having that much power without ABS. Should make me one crazy dude who cares very little about the safety (of others inside and outside the car )

Add me to that list too. 136BHP!. You've got me thinking!

Imported Projector head-lights in the future. Depends on Vitamin-M's availability
I'm still researching about it. Might put in the HIDs - 4300K. As Vento's lights are pathetic.
Old 8th November 2011, 17:06   #154

Quote:
Hey! Please find my replies in bold:
@mikon: What exactly is a bass tube and how different it is from a woofer in terms of performance? I can google it but would want to hear it from you since you happen to use it.

The current quote that I am getting on the stock tyres and rims is quite low that I plan to drive with them for sometime, keep them at home as spare and buy brand new ones later on. If there are warranty issue later on, I will swap the old ones. IMO, it is better than selling it off for peanuts.

Regarding the HID's I read in many posts that the stock Headlights are under-powered. What other modifications in the electricals would it call for if I go for HIDs? Anything that I need to know about before the switch?
Old 9th November 2011, 10:16   #155
BHPian

Hello!
My replies in Bold, Hope it helps!

Quote:
@mikon: What exactly is a bass tube and how different it is from a woofer in terms of performance? I can google it but would want to hear it from you since you happen to use it.

It is a Wooden Tube with a 1100 W subwoofer enclosed in it. The effects are good if you want to hear the music only inside your car (not for public). The effects in my setup is okayish. Its because I have an under-powered amp.

The current quote that I am getting on the stock tyres and rims is quite low that I plan to drive with them for sometime, keep them at home as spare and buy brand new ones later on. If there are warranty issue later on, I will swap the old ones. IMO, it is better than selling it off for peanuts.

Please try in 4 to 5 shops. There are lot of shops in J.C. Road. Also you can put up an ad in Classifieds here too. Keeping the tyres for backup is a good option too.

Regarding the HID's I read in many posts that the stock Headlights are under-powered. What other modifications in the electricals would it call for if I go for HIDs? Anything that I need to know about before the switch?

Not Under-powered, Pathetic is the right word. I have installed the HIDs in my figo. The vendor claims there is no electrical modifications and wire-cut. Its just plug and play. So I'll install them in this machine too.
mikon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 11:35   #156
BHPian

Hi Mikon,
Are you going to be installing HID's on your vento by just replacing the bulbs? Can you please let us know which is the company which makes such HID's? And when are you going to go about this procedure?

Do post some pictures of the procedure and the end result

Last edited by DeKay : 9th November 2011 at 11:37.
Old 9th November 2011, 12:11   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Mikon,
Are you going to be installing HID's on your vento by just replacing the bulbs? Can you please let us know which is the company which makes such HID's? And when are you going to go about this procedure?

Do post some pictures of the procedure and the end result
Nope, i would be installing them with the full HID kits includes Ballast and all wiring kits.Yes, the shopkeeper assured me that no wire-cut is involved, so warranty would not be void. I'm planning for P8 or Phillips.

How can the HIDS be installed just by replacing the bulbs? I've never seen any such installation till now. Please let us know if you find any.

Last edited by mikon : 9th November 2011 at 12:12.
Old 9th November 2011, 20:25   #158
BHPian

Quote:
I Changed it on Day 2. Got Continental 15". The sooner you change the better price you get.
can you please let me know the price of your wheels and tyres and the price that you got for your 14" steel rims and tyres? even i've booked a vento tl, delivery is around 16th of this month. want to change the wheels and tyres asap.
Old 10th November 2011, 09:06   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
can you please let me know the price of your wheels and tyres and the price that you got for your 14" steel rims and tyres? even i've booked a vento tl, delivery is around 16th of this month. want to change the wheels and tyres asap.
Great. Congrats for your purchase!
I did everything at one place, it was around 40k (Incl. Tyres and alloys)
Old 10th November 2011, 11:10   #160
Senior - BHPian

Sirji, when are where are you getting the HID's done? Whats the price quoted?
Also, whats the progress on the K&N's?
Old 10th November 2011, 11:18   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sirji, when are where are you getting the HID's done? Whats the price quoted?
Also, whats the progress on the K&N's?
Sirji, I'm planning to do it this month or next month or at 20000 K mark.
HID's are ranging from 8 to 10k. I'm planning for 4500 K bulbs. It would be similar to you Laura's light (hope so!)

Where can find K&Ns for Vento?
Old 10th November 2011, 15:10   #162
Senior - BHPian

Are you going in for normal HID's only, or the whole relay and the works?
Where are you gettnig this done?

I suppose you could check with TuneUp Plus, Baner or Bhoomi Motors if they stock K&N's.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:21   #163
BHPian

Model: VW Vento
Variant : Trendline
Engine : 1.6 L Diesel

Current Installations/upgrade:
Wheels:
Lenso Radien 15 " Rims (black with red lip)
Continental 195/55/R15
Audio:
Infinity Reference component systems (REF6020CS) - 2 sets
Kenwood Dual-Din HU DPX-MP5110US
Wiring Kits
Film
Garware tints with 55% heat rejection.

Future Additions:
- Black/Tan upholstery
- HID / Projector Lights
- Helix Bass tube (Shift from my figo)
- Sony Amp (Shift from my figo)
- Windshield tinting
- Smoked head and tail lights
- Webasto sun-roof
- I have a set of DRLs (got it from Bangkok). I may fit it in place of the fog-lamps.
Suggestions are welcome

Here are some pics:[/quote]

WOW ! Lovely ! Black Beauty . The color is just amazing , nice to see you keep her with such care. please continue doing so , & put more pics whenever you get the chance , Nice selection of alloys too.

Cheers !
ryan_wheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 09:47   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Are you going in for normal HID's only, or the whole relay and the works?
Where are you gettnig this done?

I suppose you could check with TuneUp Plus, Baner or Bhoomi Motors if they stock K&N's.
The whole Kit-up which has the ballasts, wires etc. I'll try doing it at CarAx. If I get a better deal anywhere else, I'll do there too.

I guess its time for me to check tuneup plus. I do not know where it is, I'll try to make a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post

WOW ! Lovely ! Black Beauty . The color is just amazing , nice to see you keep her with such care. please continue doing so , & put more pics whenever you get the chance , Nice selection of alloys too.

Cheers !
Thanks a lot!
Yes, maintaining it is a pain. But once it gets a shine or a nice wash, a smile comes automatically

Here is a trial shot of the mamba (Sorry for extreme cropping, cannot put the entire pic due to security reasons , lol)

Expert suggestions awaited

My Black Mamba - VW Vento TDi - *UPDATE* 50,000 kms-dsc_0020.jpg

I'm planning for a photo-shoot of both. I'll post the pics once done!

Last edited by mikon : 11th November 2011 at 09:54.
mikon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 15:23   #165
BHPian

Update:
The car has clocked 22500 kms (9 months till date). I had done the regular servicing at 15000 kms.
One fine day I saw the coolant water way below the minimum mark

I immediately went to the VW showroom (without any appointments). Even they were puzzled about the low-level of the coolant water. So the SA immediately took the car inside the workshop to have a look. Soon, another technician slowly opened the coolant cap.
Then we saw the level slowly rising up all by itself and it came up to the correct level. The SA told me that it was due to the pressure inside the coolant container. Though I did not understand this.

The engine oil was topped up with 800ml
Total Cost : 700 INR
Total Time taken : 45 minutes

Recent additions : HID kits and DRLs.
I'll update more details Once i click some nice pictures!
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks