Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 14:27   #136
Senior - BHPian

how much was the damage on your pocket for the chip?
Old 19th June 2009, 08:16   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
how much was the damage on your pocket for the chip?
I had ordered this from chipexpress.com. I think it was UK 350 pounds or so.

Thanks
Old 6th September 2009, 16:50   #138
BHPian

Update after a long break:

Brake-pads: Got them checked at local VW shop. The folks told it is good for at least another 10-15K Kms. I have just settled to live with a little spongy brake feel. However braking itself is damn good and I can carry massive speeds with confidence.

Oil leak: Few drops of greenish oil were found near the rear wheel. I had removed the wheel for fixing a tyre puncture. Don't see any warning signs on the console or 1K kms that I did after that so ignored it for now.

Highway offroading: Recently got a chance to test the full lift mode of the suspension. The left side of the highway we were traveling was closed for some repairs and no signs were put for diversion. The choices were to go back about 1 km for the entry into right side of the highway or jump over the partition between left and right side. I chose the second option - set the Q7 to max lift (240 mm clearence) and ESP off road mode and was on the other side of the road in no time - two wheels at a time. Now I think I should have taken a video. It put a wicked smile on my face seeing many other vehicles returning back for the diversion 1km behind. Several local onlookers joined to see the stunt.

Others: There are no squeaks, rattles of any kind even though this car has seen a fair share of terrible roads (If you can call them that).
Old 13th September 2009, 10:03   #139
bmwrockz

It's a fantastic SUV entropy, I really love your choice

Mashallah nice update and pictures.

Old 10th November 2009, 21:44   #140
Senior - BHPian

0-100 in 10sec almost. Any idea what it did without it?
And can we see some pix of the product; like the settings switch?
Old 11th November 2009, 10:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

What is GC without the lift? and does Q7 has a spare wheel?
Old 11th November 2009, 18:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
What is GC without the lift? and does Q7 has a spare wheel?
I think normal GC is 205 mm from which there are 2 levels up (manual) - upto 240 mm and 2 levels down (auto - speed plus duration based). Don't recall the exact numbers and conditions now. It has a space saver not a full fledged spare wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
0-100 in 10sec almost. Any idea what it did without it?
And can we see some pix of the product; like the settings switch?
No. It was consistently about 8.3 to 8.5 secs for 0-100 with driver and co-driver when I had tested in very hot summer noons. Without the chip it was around 9.4 - 9.6 secs. (I strongly believe that the electronics are playing a spoilsport and don't allow to put all that added torque to work for quick take-offs). When I'm back in India, probably will take a better video as well as pics and post.

Last edited by entropy : 11th November 2009 at 18:20. Reason: Complete answer to original questions
Old 10th January 2010, 18:31   #143
BHPian

Now tempted for 4.2 TDI

My Q7 3.0 TDI has been serving well over a past one year. No problems or issues so far except for a slight feel of brake fade. I take it only for some of my highway runs once in two-three months. Hence it has clocked only 7.6K so far.

Since 4.2TDI has just been launched I'm getting tempted for an upgrade due to performance reasons. With chipping it could be boosted to about 390 Bhp/880 Nm. Too delicious figures for about 70 Lakhs OTR.

My question is would it be worth to upgrade current 3.0TDI with an estimated 25L extra (approx) that I'd have to pay if go ahead with the upgrade. What do you guys think. This car is/and would be used exclusively for highway runs. The 6 odd seconds for 0-100 on a 2.5 tonnes car is too tempting for me !!

I need a Q7 mainly for seven seats (just love all the space) and adaptive air suspension. Q7 gives me a good blend of luxury, performance as well as practicality (for my usage) hence would like to stick with Q7 unless there are some other similar options. GL seats I tried at the expo but somehow it didn't felt comfy enough.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

entropy, I think its time for a new set of pics of your Q7. Please take a look at the new GL before going for a 4.2 Q7. And do you feel that your diesel Q7 is running short of power on highways?
Old 10th January 2010, 19:16   #145
Team-BHP Support

go for it buddy. it will be worth every penny. the 4.2tdi will be an absolute monster even without the chip. and you will notice a huge improvement since the car will be used mainly on highways and not for city runs. none of the competition is an as good all rounder as the q7.

btw - dont you find the 3rd row seats pretty useless? i was sitting in a friends 4.2fsi q7 a while ago, his is the 6 seater configuration, and i had a good look at the 3rd row and it was really, really tiny.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:13   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
entropy, I think its time for a new set of pics of your Q7. Please take a look at the new GL before going for a 4.2 Q7. And do you feel that your diesel Q7 is running short of power on highways?
Sure. I'll post few one of these days. No it is not short on power but as you must have read/heard too much power is just enough .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
btw - dont you find the 3rd row seats pretty useless? i was sitting in a friends 4.2fsi q7 a while ago, his is the 6 seater configuration, and i had a good look at the 3rd row and it was really, really tiny.
Thanks @akshay1234. Third row is quite ok for kids as I have two and I very often make use of it. Also adults upto 5ft 2-3inches (mostly ladies) can be seated quite ok. If you slide the middle row a bit forward you get reasonable amount of space. But it is pretty much useless for anyone taller. One advantage of the space is 775 ltrs of boot space you get (useful for outstation shopping) when the 3rd row is down.

Any other alternatives that would give me the Q7 4.2TDI package and performance with upto a crore to spend.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:43   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post

Any other alternatives that would give me the Q7 4.2TDI package and performance with upto a crore to spend.
the closest would probably be the gl420cdi but its performance isnt as good as the q7. the q7 has created its own niche, being different from the x5s and the cayennes.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:30   #148
BHPian

I enquired the dealership. It seems that the 4.2TDI would be officially launched on Apr/01 2010. The OTR for base + usual goodies in Haryana is expected to be about 70-72 Lakhs.

Is anyone interested in a 3.0 TDI Q7 (Feb/2009) done about 7.5K ? Please PM me for other details.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:17   #149
BHPian

Did pre-launch booking for the 4.2TDI Q7 today with 5L deposit. This time I'll likely be going for black (pearl-effect). The ex-showroom for the base is expected to be around 61-62 lakhs but it is of course not official and unconfirmed. The specs and details are not yet out and would be revealed in a few days time. I'm hoping that the OTR (Gurgaon) for normally loaded Q7 turns out to be near 70L mark.

Meanwhile, researching the chipping options I found an option for the new tweaked 4.2TDI as below.
Chiptuning RaceChip - Audi Q7 4.2 TDI, 4134ccm, 250kW (ca.340PS)

Not sure if there are other options also available for the 340PS 4.2TDI (There are several for the 326 PS version).
Old 25th March 2010, 14:24   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Did pre-launch booking for the 4.2TDI Q7 today with 5L deposit. This time I'll likely be going for black (pearl-effect). The ex-showroom for the base is expected to be around 61-62 lakhs but it is of course not official and unconfirmed. The specs and details are not yet out and would be revealed in a few days time. I'm hoping that the OTR (Gurgaon) for normally loaded Q7 turns out to be near 70L mark.

Meanwhile, researching the chipping options I found an option for the new tweaked 4.2TDI as below.
Chiptuning RaceChip - Audi Q7 4.2 TDI, 4134ccm, 250kW (ca.340PS)

Not sure if there are other options also available for the 340PS 4.2TDI (There are several for the 326 PS version).
Congrats !

The ACI came in the mail yesterday and the test of the 4.2 Q7 had me drooling big time ! A thought stuck me after looking at the price tag of 81Lacs OTR Mumbai- Def there is nothing that beats the feeling of being the first few to own a car or model but this model won't have too many takers and perhaps in less than a year's time it will be going for some insane discounts
Similar to what happened to the 3.2FSI A4, a heavily discounted 4.2 Q7 would be just too tempting !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks