Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 12:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
He will use the existing headlights and fit the projectors onto them, that is retro fitment of projectors. The OEM HL's will come around 10k approx. So if you want without sending the your existing HL's, it will approx come to 18k-20k. I havent personally seen this and do not know this guy. Anyways, there are few cars waiting to get this. Let's see if this is worth the cash.

OK, so he is just painting the 'original headlight' and putting the projectors and HID+ ballast in it. Actually, this is the next best things to getting a hot looking casing for the headlights. Since it has the original headlights, OEM look will be maintained and very little chances that it will look 'odd'. I've seen some after market projectors, and some of them look like forcibly fitted into the car, just coz the owner wanted them. This will be better than that.

Anybody ordering? Will somebody take your car's headlight and then you send it. Get the headlights with projectors and then somebody fits it? Also, your car is out of running for up to a couple of weeks. Ain't it. The thing is, one tends to feel a lot more comfortable getting these things done in front of your eyes rather than sitting idle waiting!

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 10th June 2011 at 12:47.
Old 10th June 2011, 13:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
OK, so he is just painting the 'original headlight' and putting the projectors and HID+ ballast in it. Actually, this is the next best things to getting a hot looking casing for the headlights. Since it has the original headlights, OEM look will be maintained and very little chances that it will look 'odd'. I've seen some after market projectors, and some of them look like forcibly fitted into the car, just coz the owner wanted them. This will be better than that.

Anybody ordering? Will somebody take your car's headlight and then you send it. Get the headlights with projectors and then somebody fits it? Also, your car is out of running for up to a couple of weeks. Ain't it. The thing is, one tends to feel a lot more comfortable getting these things done in front of your eyes rather than sitting idle waiting!
yes, this will definitely look better than after market HL's. Ventolute is in touch with him but waiting for someone to install it to get the reviews.

If you are not comfortable sending the HL's, he can send the projectors/HID kit to you but that would be normal since we will have to do the rest. As far I see, the HL's came out really well. Waiting for more updates from him.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 21:51   #18
BHPian

Hi...Can you please provide more details on the project as in which brand is it???
Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 09:16   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Venom View Post
Hi...Can you please provide more details on the project as in which brand is it???
Thanks
Am waiting for the details from the installer. The HL's will be OEM HL's.
Old 11th June 2011, 14:26   #20
BANNED

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

who is this in bombay. send me contact details. lets see this stuff
Old 11th June 2011, 18:22   #21
BHPian

I guess since this guy is doing projectors for Vento, he must be definitely able to do it for Polo as well. Isn't it ?

Anyway, i think Jesal would be a better person to give a clear review by visiting this guy as both are in Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
Old 12th June 2011, 07:37   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I guess since this guy is doing projectors for Vento, he must be definitely able to do it for Polo as well. Isn't it ?

Anyway, i think Jesal would be a better person to give a clear review by visiting this guy as both are in Mumbai
The "dealer" in Mumbai is an electronics novelty shopowner in Khar-Link Road - not a car accessory dealer. He only sells p4 HID conversion kits made in Thailand. The "receipt" is just a laser-printed "invoice" and no warranty terms are ever mentioned. He is supported by a Thai technician who visits his shop occasionally, but service is given by ordinary technicians who fit the kit into assembly. The Thai technician will not comment on legality issues in India and simply says "I don't know".

Instead, why not somebody in Bangalore or Chennai contact Compact Electric Limited, who claim to be selling authentic HID Xenon conversion kits?
msprabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 10:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
I have Pm'ed the contact details.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:20   #24
BHPian

Naveen,

Good initiative, am sure that many Vento owners can benefit from this as there will be very few dare devils like you to go ahead with a brand new car to experiment with Expecting more details with pics.

BTW, have you contacted the guy at Light Sense, Thrissur? He claims that he deals in Mori moto projectors with D2S capsules which I find more worth the money as we all know the quality of Mori Moto projectors and with the combination of D2S it surely be an awesome performer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar View Post
The "dealer" in Mumbai is an electronics novelty shopowner in Khar-Link Road - not a car accessory dealer. He only sells p4 HID conversion kits made in Thailand. The "receipt" is just a laser-printed "invoice" and no warranty terms are ever mentioned. He is supported by a Thai technician who visits his shop occasionally, but service is given by ordinary technicians who fit the kit into assembly. The Thai technician will not comment on legality issues in India and simply says "I don't know".

Instead, why not somebody in Bangalore or Chennai contact Compact Electric Limited, who claim to be selling authentic HID Xenon conversion kits?
Are you sure that you are also referring the same person whom Naveen had contacted?

AFAIK, there's no one manufacturing HID kits in our country as its not recognized by the DOT and its a fact that no body is going to get any authorization for an illegal HID Conversion kit. Most of these kits are coming as replacement parts. I guess they are just importing the HID kits on their brand, if you can give a minimum order of 500 pairs there are companies who are ready to supply the kits on your brand. And these guys don't have any projectors to complete the package. I would rather contact the local seller who's dealing with Osram/Phillips or other reputed available brands where we can get the support more promptly.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
BTW, have you contacted the guy at Light Sense, Thrissur? He claims that he deals in Mori moto projectors with D2S capsules which I find more worth the money as we all know the quality of Mori Moto projectors and with the combination of D2S it surely be an awesome performer..
I'm planning to get my CIVIC fitted with these Projectors.
I have contacted Litessense(Joice Willi), The only problem with him is I have to send my Headlamps to him, and he'll get the projectors+Hid installed and send it back , Which will take almost 5 days (2+2 for courier + 1 day for the work), I just can't afford to have my car not in use for 5 -6 days.
His price is quite good ( Around 15K) for Mini MORIMOTO H1.(Not D2S I feel)
Old 15th June 2011, 13:07   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Naveen,

Good initiative, am sure that many Vento owners can benefit from this as there will be very few dare devils like you to go ahead with a brand new car to experiment with Expecting more details with pics.

BTW, have you contacted the guy at Light Sense, Thrissur? He claims that he deals in Mori moto projectors with D2S capsules which I find more worth the money as we all know the quality of Mori Moto projectors and with the combination of D2S it surely be an awesome performer.
Thanks Sajan. I havent contacted them since I wont be going for these anytime soon. Projectors doing well on my Swift and for the Vento, I need time and money. Let's see anyone is interested in this and see the outcome.
Old 15th June 2011, 13:24   #27
BHPian

I'm very very much interested for these. Rather i was searching for it. However I need to see an example. Best part is, I can drive down to mumbai to get this fitted.
Any idea how much time it requires for the whole process?
Old 15th June 2011, 13:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I'm very very much interested for these. Rather i was searching for it. However I need to see an example. Best part is, I can drive down to mumbai to get this fitted.
Any idea how much time it requires for the whole process?
Guess it would take only few days from the day you give the HL's to him. He just installed for one Vento and the owner didnt wait for him to take his feedback or photos.
Old 15th June 2011, 15:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Naveen, any idea if this guy does the work on Laura's too?
Old 15th June 2011, 16:56   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Naveen, any idea if this guy does the work on Laura's too?
Laura already got a projector setup right? Or are you looking for something different. Guess that's the reason why I havent seen after market projectors for Laura.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks