Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2011, 16:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I'm very very much interested for these. Rather i was searching for it. However I need to see an example. Best part is, I can drive down to mumbai to get this fitted.
Any idea how much time it requires for the whole process?
Being its a retro fit, it should be a bolt on job with some fine tuning with the leveling assy. Hardly takes one day's effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Naveen, any idea if this guy does the work on Laura's too?
Does it have projectors on low beam? Or are you going for projectors for HB too?
Old 15th June 2011, 17:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Laura already got a projector setup right? Or are you looking for something different. Guess that's the reason why I havent seen after market projectors for Laura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Does it have projectors on low beam? Or are you going for projectors for HB too?

Sorry, what I meant to ask is, does this guy do work for Laura as well. I mean after market. The company provided Xenon fitment costs a bloody 60k! However, from what Ive heard, you cannot do aftermarket fitments on any Skoda's, due to their built setup (or something like that).
Old 15th June 2011, 18:05   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, what I meant to ask is, does this guy do work for Laura as well. I mean after market. The company provided Xenon fitment costs a bloody 60k! However, from what Ive heard, you cannot do aftermarket fitments on any Skoda's, due to their built setup (or something like that).
True. OEM projectors will be expensive. I havent personally seen any aftermarket projectors for Laura but since this particular guy works on OEM headlights guess he should be able to modify it.
Old 15th June 2011, 19:21   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is very much possible to install Xenons on the Laura, even aftermarket. The 60k quote you got probably meant that they would change the full headlamps to those of the L&K. I think any kit will work as long as it is CAN-BUS compliant so that your car doesn't show any errors.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 21:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar

Does the Laura have a halogen projector variant too? I've seen a Laura HL assy few months back which was having a in built Osram HID kit. Its a very compact unit and the ballast is in a sealed box behind the HL assy.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
The company provided Xenon fitment costs a bloody 60k!
When I was about to book the Laura TSI (dint go through), I had asked the sales rep to upgrade the halogens to company fitted HID. He told me that the difference would be 18k. 60k is way bit higher.

Back to topic, i have heard stories about water leakage into the HL assembly. As there is a need of painting the inner HL assembly and putting the HIDs and projector lamps, i wish same things doesnt occur here!
I'm dying to install these!
Old 16th June 2011, 13:24   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Back to topic, i have heard stories about water leakage into the HL assembly. As there is a need of painting the inner HL assembly and putting the HIDs and projector lamps, i wish same things doesnt occur here!
I'm dying to install these!
Since these are OEM headlights, water seepage wont happen (ie, if the installation is done properly). As for as I know, installing HID's wont be a cause, but the painting might be the culprit if there is a water seepage in any case. To paint this, they will have to open the glass panel and reinstall them using silicon gel and some other sealant. Usually, silicon gel is used.

When you install this at first there will be mist formation inside the headlight assembly. This is due to the vacuum formed while the glass panel was removed. This will be there for a couple of days, then it will be fine.

When I installed projectors in my Swift, I had this problem. If the projector manual mentioned this. When I had opened the panel for cleaning after few months, this lasted for 4 days. I then opened the suction cap (behind the bulbs) to let air in and create a vacuum. Drove for few min and it became alright.

So in short I would say, there wont be any water seepage. Mist formation might occur in some cases but for a couple of days. If by case the panel has to be opened, make sure this is done in a clean environment and closed properly using silicon gel and make sure no air is trapped inside.

Cheers.!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:17   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are the projectors for VW Polo. Just a bolt on to the reflector.The projector uses a D2S bulb which is a single point bulb.
Attached Thumbnails
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-a1.jpg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-a2.jpg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-a3.jpg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-a4.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a nice install.
If one does too much of highway driving is it advisable to go with the Bi-Xenon Projectors which has option for only 1 bulb in the headlamp assembly (like vento, verna, city etc etc) unlike Civic or Elantra etc which have option of seperate beam anb bulbs for High n low ?
When doing high speed driving Will the throw of the beam be sufficient in Highway with Bi-Xenon projectors (remember the cut off of the beam)?

I'll be very shortly going with the Mini Morimoto Projectors for the low beam (Bi xenon) and the high beam will be halogen(stock ) or Hid's or 100/90.
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:44   #40
BHPian

@Naveen, that Vento looks so hot with the wolf + angel eyes. Car belong to Cochin? How much will be the damage?

BTW, there's another dealer who's doing the Quad setup for Polo & Vento in the classifieds.

Here's it:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...8Quad%29.html/

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-vw-vento.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Looks like a nice install.
If one does too much of highway driving is it advisable to go with the Bi-Xenon Projectors which has option for only 1 bulb in the headlamp assembly (like vento, verna, city etc etc) unlike Civic or Elantra etc which have option of seperate beam anb bulbs for High n low ?
When doing high speed driving Will the throw of the beam be sufficient in Highway with Bi-Xenon projectors (remember the cut off of the beam)?

I'll be very shortly going with the Mini Morimoto Projectors for the low beam (Bi xenon) and the high beam will be halogen(stock ) or Hid's or 100/90.
Dude if you can extend your budget bit more, go for the quad setup ie; both beams will be on separate domes as its the best lighting system. If you are going for bi xenon projectors, you will get a unmatched beam spread on low beam but on high beam, hmm.. its a different story, it cant be matched even with a dual beam standard reflector as the shield is playing the trick here which is restricting the glares to the on coming traffic and there by its limiting the distant view. Bi xenon projectors will not open fully at the time of high beam is activated for being in the safe line. For a clear cut am giving some snap shots of my bi xenon projector.

Bi Xen Projector
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010081a.jpg

Removed the shroud and & Angel Eye
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010092a.jpg

Dismantled shots:
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010109a.jpg

Ellipsoidal Reflector
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010104a.jpg

This is the mechanism which activtes the shield, you can see the shield, its too small for a wide opening to teach a lessons to these high beam riding morons.
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010107a.jpg

One more close shot, not the size of the shield and how its going to control the light by just opening a too small slot for high beam
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010108a.jpg

One more, this entire mechanism sits on the centre of the reflector and effectively half of the light output is restricted by this to get a legal beam cut off.

Solenoid which pulls the shield
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010113a.jpg

And now the wall prjoections:

First Low Beam
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010206a.jpg

High beam
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-p1010207a.jpg

Compare the opening at the time of high beam! and this will surely affect the distant vision and peripheral as well and not good for a high speed cruising. In the long run you may get used to this style but this is the reality. And this is why most of the luxury cars are coming with the quad setup: Projectors for low beam and Reflectors for High beam. Hope other bi xenon owners can vouch this better than me.

Last edited by sajjt : 23rd June 2011 at 11:51.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dude if you can extend your budget bit more, go for the quad setup ie; both beams will be on separate domes as its the best lighting system. If you are going for bi xenon projectors, you will get a unmatched beam spread on low beam but on high beam, hmm.. its a different story, it cant be matched even with a dual beam standard reflector as the shield is playing the trick here which is restricting the glares to the on coming traffic and there by its limiting the distant view. Bi xenon projectors will not open fully at the time of high beam is activated for being in the safe line. For a clear cut am giving some snap shots of my bi xenon projector.

Compare the opening at the time of high beam! and this will surely affect the distant vision and peripheral as well and not good for a high speed cruising. In the long run you may get used to this style but this is the reality.
Thanks Sajjt for the pics.
I do a lot of Highway driving. I own a Civic.

But your statements are quite contradicting. I have mentioned them in bold in your post.

You are saying me to go with a QUAD Projector setup then the next moment you are saying Projectors are not good for high beam in highway driving.

That's why I have mentioned I'll be going with Projectors(Bi-Xenon) in the low beam assembly(This will serve as both high n low if i put projctr) and either Hid's or Upgraded halogens in the high beam.
This should serve my driving purpose in highway.

Quote:
And this is why most of the luxury cars are coming with the quad setup: Projectors for low beam and Reflectors for High beam. Hope other bi xenon owners can vouch this better than me.
ALTIS, FORTUNER, LAURA etc have one projector for low and HID/Halogen for the high beams, which will be very useful for highway driving.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

My Question is, is it good to have just Bi-Xenon projectors for a single beam headlamp vehicles who wants to do a lot of Highway driving ?

Last edited by sushrutha : 23rd June 2011 at 12:48. Reason: edited Point as Question
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sajjt for the pics.
I do a lot of Highway driving. I own a Civic.

But your statements are quite contradicting. I have mentioned them in bold in your post.

You are saying me to go with a QUAD Projector setup then the next moment you are saying Projectors are not good for high beam in highway driving.

That's why I have mentioned I'll be going with Projectors(Bi-Xenon) in the low beam assembly(This will serve as both high n low if i put projctr) and either Hid's or Upgraded halogens in the high beam.
This should serve my driving purpose in highway.

ALTIS, FORTUNER, LAURA etc have one projector for low and HID/Halogen for the high beams, which will be very useful for highway driving.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

My point is, is it good to have just Bi-Xenon projectors for a single beam headlamp vehicles who wants to do a lot of Highway driving ?
I guess there's some confusion by reading my post. I was comparing the high beams of a bi xen projector with a standard H4(dual beam). In bi-xen projector, its high beam capability is very much limited due to the restricted shield design. I hope you got it by seeing my pics. Whereas in a H4 reflector high beam there's no clear cut off, its blinding all in front of it.

A dedicated beam will be the best at any point of time than a double role performer (Bi-Xen) as it will have its own disadvantages in line with the legal beam pattern.

So in nut shell, its always good to have a quad setup if you have a lot of high way drives especially high speed runs. Quads will be having separate beams for low and high and the low beam will be mostly projectors and high beam will be offering the best of it for the high way cruising.

If you go for bi xen projectors too, there's another solution to get more distant visibility: Invest in good aux driving lamps from reputed brands like Hella, KC HilLites, PIAA etc.

Hope this will clarify.
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quads will be having separate beams for low and high and the low beam will be mostly projectors and high beam will be offering the best of it for the high way cruising.

If you go for bi xen projectors too, there's another solution to get more distant visibility: Invest in good aux driving lamps from reputed brands like Hella, KC HilLites, PIAA etc.

Hope this will clarify.
Right,
When you mentioned Quad, I took it as Bi-Xenon Quad projectors .

Yeah regarding the fogs,
I don't fancy putting big auxiliary driving/Spot lamps for my car.
Will be wonderful on a Jeep/SUV.

I'm getting the Blazer projectors for fog too. They are very small and yet powerful and VFM fogs too
Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:08   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Naveen, that Vento looks so hot with the wolf + angel eyes. Car belong to Cochin? How much will be the damage?
Yes, it looks cool. This is from mumbai and guess it would come around 15k. Havent seen any Polo/Vento with projectors in Cochin. But seeing the number of modded Polo's here, guess it will be featured soon.
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Right,
When you mentioned Quad, I took it as Bi-Xenon Quad projectors .

Yeah regarding the fogs,
I don't fancy putting big auxiliary driving/Spot lamps for my car.
Will be wonderful on a Jeep/SUV.

I'm getting the Blazer projectors for fog too. They are very small and yet powerful and VFM fogs too
Fog Light: Blazers - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc
Being with a Civic, you can consider a Bi-Xenon projector for low beam which will enhance the visibility and looks. And it will be a killer setup in terms of performance as you will have 2 high beams some thing against our ethics though.

Also do not plonk a HID on high beams as you will be missing the flash function whiled doing so.

BTW, where did you get the Mori moto projectors? and how much it will cost? AFAIK, its one of the best Chinese projectors solely promoted by the theretrofitsource.com

There are auxillary lamps which can be accommodated within the fog lamp cowls, look for Hella Comet series like 200,100 etc. But if you fix those ones to the bull bars or something on the same level only you will get the desired outputs. Fogs wont give you any distant visibility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks