Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 11:08   #181
BHPian

Re: Projector Headlamps for VW Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
Finally got to fit the headlamps. They were perfect fit and of good quality. Apart from the looks, it does very well in poor lit conditions and my luck it rained in chennai and driving in rain especially in the night is tricky in the Polo but after the change, its a breeze.

I have take some pics and all the connectors are plug and play and the quality is also much better than i expected. Osram lives up to its name. Led's not so bright , but looks very nice. If you are changing the headlamps, be prepared for attention.

Low Beam is H7, High Beam is H1, Parking lights are LED, Indicators are the same as OEM.

I have changed Low beam to HID 4300K - Osram 35W. Foglamps - H7, 3000K HID.
I GoCool,

I know i'm quite a few years late on this. But could you, by chance, tell me if it's a regular H7 or did you use a D2R bulb for the Osram HID?
Old 29th May 2015, 18:20   #182
BHPian

Planning on getting projector headlamps for my vento its a 2014 highline will this affect the warranty,will I have to upgrade to a larger battery ? I spoke to sainath auto motive bandra they're quoting 13K for the job
Old 30th May 2015, 22:00   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Planning on getting projector headlamps for my vento its a 2014 highline will this affect the warranty,will I have to upgrade to a larger battery ? I spoke to sainath auto motive bandra they're quoting 13K for the job
Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, any changes with the electrical equipment voids the warranty and that includes Audio systems as well.
Old 21st September 2015, 20:39   #184
BHPian

I am planning to install Projector lamp in my vento 2013 highline. I came across a website of two brothers and they are ready to install it for approximate 15K.
http://www.twobrothers.co.in/descrip...3#.VgAcGdKqqko
They will modify my existing headlight to above setup.
Can they really do it in this budget? Experts please tell me what all questions I should ask them before I go for this setup.
Old 22nd September 2015, 06:36   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
I am planning to install Projector lamp in my vento 2013 highline. I came across a website of two brothers and they are ready to install it for approximate 15K.
http://www.twobrothers.co.in/descrip...3#.VgAcGdKqqko
They will modify my existing headlight to above setup.
Can they really do it in this budget? Experts please tell me what all questions I should ask them before I go for this setup.
Are you sure it's 15k? The site says it's 30k. Here are some questions to ask.

1) Projector brand? - I am guessing it will be a chinese make.
2) HID's along with this? - Done think they will offer HIDs along with this. In case they provide, which brand?

If you are planning to modify your existing headlights, why dont you buy a branded kit like "Morimoto". It will cost the same but not LED/DRL stuff in it. Check out AVS tuning for more details.

Else, go for the Polo GTi headlights. There are many shops offering them as aftermarket kits. Expensive, but looks cool.
Old 22nd September 2015, 19:31   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Are you sure it's 15k? The site says it's 30k. Here are some questions to ask.

1) Projector brand? - I am guessing it will be a chinese make.
2) HID's along with this? - Done think they will offer HIDs along with this. In case they provide, which brand?

If you are planning to modify your existing headlights, why dont you buy a branded kit like "Morimoto". It will cost the same but not LED/DRL stuff in it. Check out AVS tuning for more details.

Else, go for the Polo GTi headlights. There are many shops offering them as aftermarket kits. Expensive, but looks cool.

Hi Naveen,

I do see that there are lots of options in market(Plug and play) but I want to get it done in front of me and budget is also tight (Max 20K).
I will definitely check which brand is he using and what will be the difference if I go for Morimoto.
Old 14th December 2015, 01:47   #187

Do Changing the stock headlights of the Vento void electrical warranty of the car?
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:12   #188
BHPian

Hi Naveen,

I visited these guys and almost everything that they have is Chinese build. After reading lot of reviews and your (Guru) comments in lot of thread, one thing is final that i am going for a Morimoto setup (Best output). Now i had a word with Retro Fit in Gurgaon and i have made up my mind that they are going to do the mod job for me. They quoted 34K for the complete job . I have not checked which model they will use, which ballast or Halos.
Now question for you is same as last time, what to ask them (Need to know correct language so they can understand a Bhpian is speaking ).

As I stated above I am looking for projector setup (Mini D2s or FXR) with angel eye and DRL (if possible that changes colour on indicator).

Please suggest, waiting for your comment eagerly.

I mean Retro Rides in Gurgaon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th March 2016 at 10:40. Reason: B2B posts merged.
Old 13th March 2016, 10:21   #189
BHPian

Finally i got it done.
Attached Thumbnails
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-10730174_1129768610375664_7624953916820674655_n.jpg  

vineet1712 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 17:17   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Finally i got it done.
Hi vineet1712,

Thanks for posting picture. Could you please share more details about the components used.

Regards.
Old 13th March 2016, 19:26   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Finally i got it done.
Congrats, This really looks good. Can you post shots in dark so that we can get idea how good these are.
Also pic of car during day time and DRL's on. Just want to see how it changed the look of car as well.
Old 14th March 2016, 06:47   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Vineet, Congrats on the setup. It looks really good. I see you went in for the square setup. I missed your previous message. Really sorry for that.

Can you share the breakup of components used?
Old 14th March 2016, 09:24   #193
BHPian

Here is the breakup of components used:

Morimoto Mini D2s X-lens 3.0
Pana square Shroud
XB HID D2S
Morimoto Moto Control Harness
XB55 Ballast
LED strip with Colour changing switch (This is Chinese)

Few click of Low beam and High Beam. Guys I need to understand whether the focus and alignment is correct or not.

Please suggest
Attached Thumbnails
Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_20160313_223151.jpg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_20160313_223210.jpg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_20160313_223313.jpg  

Projector Headlamps for VW Vento-img_20160313_223323.jpg  

Old 14th March 2016, 09:42   #194
BHPian

Check out alignment done by fellow member Graaja in below mentioned post, for his projector setup on Polo. He has explained clearly what needs to be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Performed alignment on the Polo GT TSi BiXenons. I used the procedure described in below page.

Aligning BiXenon Projectors
Old 16th March 2016, 17:35   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin_b View Post
Check out alignment done by fellow member Graaja in below mentioned post, for his projector setup on Polo. He has explained clearly what needs to be done
I checked mine and they are aligned if i use this methodology. Still i feel that i have light more on left as compared to right. Might be an illusion .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks