Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2013, 18:48   #181
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics: DieselTronic Tuning Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys
I am planning for a RD chip for my Figo next month. It has run around 5300 kms so far.

But how easy is it to un-instal the RD chip? I am asking because I don't want the dealer to find out when I give the car for its 10K/ second service in a few months.

This apart, I paid for 3rd year warranty, and don't want an iota of suspicion on the part of the dealer in screwing it up.
It is as simple as unplugging your USB drive off the laptop. Make sure that the ignition key is out.
svdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2013, 18:51   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svdath View Post
It is as simple as unplugging your USB drive off the laptop. Make sure that the ignition key is out.
Great! I hope there are no telltale wires or leads that will be noticed by a wannabe Sherlock Holmes at the A.S.S.?

Can I unplug myself, as I read on this thread that the place where it is fixed is tough to access on the Figo?
Old 7th March 2013, 18:55   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Great! I hope there are no telltale wires or leads that will be noticed by a wannabe Sherlock Holmes at the A.S.S.?

Can I unplug myself, as I read on this thread that the place where it is fixed is tough to access on the Figo?
I have not seen the engine bay of Figo but defnitely there will be no tell tales. There is no additional wiring done. Only thing that you will need to ensure is that there are no faults registered when you install the chip [ the engine check light glows in case of faults]. If that is the case, please check with RD team and they will help you out with that regard.

I usually give the vehicle for service with the chip plugged in itself. In case the SA asks, i tell him that i am using it for fuel mileage betterment, which is true.
Old 7th March 2013, 19:05   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Point no 1. Its a Punto 90hp which has more power than swift.

Point no 2. Even if it was 75bhp punto without a box , punto has a short 1st and 2nd gear. So it can easily climb in 1st gear at the exact same point where a swift is finding it difficult.
Thanks @amit_mechengg.

My question is not about which engine is in which car or how they are geared, but how the RD box helps at high altitude. I still don't have proper answers for that.
Old 7th March 2013, 19:09   #185
BANNED

Quote:

But how easy is it to un-instal the RD chip? I am asking because I don't want the dealer to find out when I give the car for its 10K/ second service in a few months.
On the figo and fiesta, installation is a bit tricky as the connector is positioned low down at the rear of the engine. We recommend that you take your car to the installer as and when you require it to be removed or installed.

Once removed, it is impossible to tell that a box was installed and you will not face any issues during service.

Last edited by Racedynamics : 7th March 2013 at 19:14.
Racedynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 10:15   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Amit - as you have driven my 90hp with the normal tuning box for a good amount of time , what would you reckon whether should I think of getting the dual channel box ?

For All,

My car is now touching 50K with almost 35K on the box and going as smooth as ever, the effect of the box is long term on the car - it's become more silent, the turbo lag is very manageable now and P2 feels more stronger. - Just wanted to share my experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Hi Maulik, there is a good difference in the 2 boxes below the 2000 rpm mark especially. This is because the new box controls the boost pressure. So it enables to add more air along with more fuel which contributes to better combustion.

Should you shift to new box - well if RD is giving you good offer for exchange

I would suggest you to drive my car and then decide. I will be going for a 500kms drive with the box. I will post an exclusive review then. Right now i have finished my trials in all modes in city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
Thx a lot Amit and am really looking forward to your report and let's plan to meet up next week. Need to check out your safari interior as well :-)

Also, Having spent 20K for this box , I really want to know that is this box really a great differentiator to the older one.
As we often do in IT - I will have to bump up this thread - with 'Guys, whats the update on this? Please provide an ETC ASAP.'

Amit,

Eagerly waiting for your review, but since you mention that you have completed your in-city trials - how significant is the driveability compared to stock? Any idea when the turbo starts spooling? In my stock 90HP - I can feel the real surge only above 2k - 2.1k rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedynamics View Post
On the figo and fiesta, installation is a bit tricky as the connector is positioned low down at the rear of the engine. We recommend that you take your car to the installer as and when you require it to be removed or installed.

Once removed, it is impossible to tell that a box was installed and you will not face any issues during service.
RD team - Would like to drive down to your office and meet Karthik/ Pavan sometime next weekend, and if all goes well (Waiting for FIAT service centers to open, to get it serviced first), pick up the box. Mine is a 90HP, 1 year old, 30k on the odo. Will get service done with oil change, any other recommendations before installation? Had already PM'd my contact number.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th March 2013 at 10:17.
Old 17th March 2013, 14:48   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
RD team - Would like to drive down to your office and meet Karthik/ Pavan sometime next weekend, and if all goes well Mine is a 90HP, 1 year old, 30k on the odo. Will get service done with oil change, any other recommendations before installation? Had already PM'd my contact number.
Hello,
We generally do not respond to PMs on the forum as its against the forum rules. If you have a question, we would gladly assist you in this thread.

There is no need to service your car before installing any tuning box unless a service is due.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 19:16   #188
BHPian

Rd,
Who is your dealer or reseller at kochi. I have a swift diesel and would like to install a box after test drive
Old 19th March 2013, 11:45   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Hello,
We generally do not respond to PMs on the forum as its against the forum rules. If you have a question, we would gladly assist you in this thread.

There is no need to service your car before installing any tuning box unless a service is due.
Was unaware of such a rule. Total respect for your decision not to respond to the PM. However, I would also request you to update the same in your signature, as no response feels like a don't care attitude, to those unaware of these rules.

Service is overdue, hence waiting for it. Will get it done by Saturday morning. Planning to try the box same day afternoon.

Also- any changes in the box for Punto 90hp dual channel box, and Linea? Doesn't stock Linea have a slightly better state of tune than Punto 90?
Old 19th March 2013, 17:58   #190
BHPian

Is the box available for a Terracan? 2005 model, the engine for which I believe is slightly different from the earlier year models.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 19th March 2013, 19:18   #191
Senior - BHPian

Is the box available/suitable for a 2.2 Safari Dicor? What kind of performance boost can I expect using this box? Is the car able to handle the extra bhp/torque?
Old 26th March 2013, 12:53   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
Hi,

Do you have a tuning box for Laura TSI ? Its a june 2010 model.

varun
Old 1st April 2013, 14:52   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Is the box available/suitable for a 2.2 Safari Dicor? What kind of performance boost can I expect using this box? Is the car able to handle the extra bhp/torque?
Yes, it is compatible with the 2.2 Safari. Please have a look at the first post of this thread for approximate performance gains. The extra power/torque is always kept within manufacturer tolerances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu View Post
Hi,

Do you have a tuning box for Laura TSI ? Its a june 2010 model.

varun
No plug and play options available for petrol engines as of now.
Racedynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 14:59   #194
BHPian

Quote:

No plug and play options available for petrol engines as of now.
Can u comment on racechip boxes? Are they any good?
Since there is no support of this sort in India, I am considering buying from them.
Thanks
Varun
Old 1st April 2013, 15:12   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu View Post
Can u comment on racechip boxes? Are they any good?
Since there is no support of this sort in India, I am considering buying from them.
Thanks
Varun
We're in no position to comment. You should contact them directly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks