Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I love Q Cars. Do you?
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body. 116 71.17%
You need to look fast & go fast & therefore I like both engine & body mods. 37 22.70%
Body mods are most important - that'll scare 'em off. Besides, yeh engine-vinjin kya hai? 2 1.23%
What on earth are you talking about??!! 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 06:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

What initially looked like this
The 'Q' Car...-img_1367b.jpg
Minus One turbo logo
The 'Q' Car...-img_2375.jpg
some rubbing and oil later
The 'Q' Car...-img_2370b.jpg
Indica DLS Lookalike
Kept the Hertz sticker on because I like it too much, and some might mistake it for a rental cab because of that !

I'm wondering whether to swap the taillamps to the black indicab ones , but then I'll lose the rear foglamp functionality...

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th September 2008 at 06:47.
Old 14th September 2008, 08:30   #152
Senior - BHPian

Greenhorn. don't stop with the "turbo" badge. Remove the other chrome badges from the rear leaving only the accessories sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I'm wondering whether to swap the taillamps to the black indicab ones , but then I'll lose the rear foglamp functionality...
Are you crazy?! It's the fugliest tail lamps i've seen on a car!
Old 14th September 2008, 09:25   #153
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that.

Lovely thread. Makes alot of sense, esp for Palio 1.6 walas
Old 14th September 2008, 10:12   #154
BHPian

Replying to an old thread, but I had too.
I also just love Q-cars because of the 'surprise' element when others realize how fast the car can go!
Moreover, why spend money on 'spoilers' (pun intended) and body kits when you can get better engine mods done with that. That's why I love cars like the M5 which just have minor external mods but performance to die for.
Old 14th September 2008, 13:18   #155
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sankar,

> Are you crazy?! It's the fugliest tail lamps i've seen on a car!

Even I like the Indicab rear lights!

When I had the Indica I never even had to change a bulb in the rear cluster. I would have have used the Indicab cluster if I needed to change the cluster.
Old 14th September 2008, 14:12   #156
Senior - BHPian

Even I like the black cluster. Dad likes them, and so do some of my friends. A lot of people blacken their taillamps. Why bother when tata gives you the real deal

About all the chrome stuff, naah, I want the car to retain its sense of identity ( the wrong one )

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th September 2008 at 14:14.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Even I like the black cluster. Dad likes them, and so do some of my friends. A lot of people blacken their taillamps. Why bother when tata gives you the real deal

About all the chrome stuff, naah, I want the car to retain its sense of identity ( the wrong one )
The black taillamps were actually meant for the Indica Sport!
Old 14th September 2008, 19:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

Dudes, black round tail lamps are economical, thats what it is. If one breaks replace that one and not the entire set. Works well with the Taxi crowd.

People blackening their taillamps are a different deal and in some case it the smoked lamps looks good. It's not the same as having a black piece of plastic covering a hole meant for a full sized tail lamps and having red, amber and transparent lenses dotting it like pimples

Smoke your existing tail lamps it will look good black indicab lamps look cheap!
Old 14th September 2008, 22:20   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 49202
Minus One turbo logo
Attachment 49203
Attachment 49204
To be honest I think you are taking this too far. A Q Car needs to look stock, classic and elegant and perform like the devil !! No one said it needs to look ugly !! What's with turning your otherwise neat ride into a common cab !?
Your best bet is to work on your engine and keep the exterier slick and STOCK. That way when you blow bigger cars into the weeds, people admire with awe not disgust!!
Old 14th September 2008, 22:24   #160

Another thing, NEVER EVER put a big exhaust tip on your car! If needed, make your freeflow look and appear stock. Or, else, put in a half pipe setup.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:28   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 49202
Minus One turbo logo
Attachment 49203
Attachment 49204
To be honest I think you are taking this too far. A Q Car needs to look stock, classic and elegant and perform like the devil !! No one said it needs to look ugly !! What's with turning your otherwise neat ride into a common cab !?
Your best bet is to work on your engine and keep the exterier slick and STOCK. That way when you blow bigger cars into the weeds, people admire with awe not smirk and ridicule!!
Old 14th September 2008, 22:29   #162
Senior - BHPian

Thing is , me and some of my friends actually like the indicab taillamps. And i was planning to put them on also because we felt it looked better and meaner. well, never mind then.
there isnt much to be done on this engine - pete doesnt like it. trrk says K&N's are no good, and no FFE since it sounds loud enough already, been told not to touch the headers in a turbodiesel, so figured instead of making it be faster, I'd make it look slower, a sleeper in the sense that it would be an anti-ricer Only thing I'm considering is 185/60R14 tyres when the current ones begin to give up the ghost

Last edited by greenhorn : 14th September 2008 at 22:33.
Old 14th September 2008, 22:45   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 49202
Minus One turbo logo
Attachment 49203
Attachment 49204
Your best bet is to work on your engine and keep the exterier slick and STOCK. That way when you blow bigger cars into the weeds, people admire with awe not smirk and ridicule!!
Old 14th September 2008, 23:14   #164
Team-BHP Support

The title is misleading, I thought you were talking about sending the car to junkyard for crushing, as in killing the car. The term putting to sleep is usually used in reference to mercy killing pets.

I can think of changing the GV logo to Big Swift or Swift Wagon. People will actually believe it.
Old 14th September 2008, 23:57   #165
Senior - BHPian

It was intended to be a pun on putting a car to sleep = your car becoming a sleeper. I guess its not very obvious then

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks