Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: I love Q Cars. Do you?
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body. 116 71.17%
You need to look fast & go fast & therefore I like both engine & body mods. 37 22.70%
Body mods are most important - that'll scare 'em off. Besides, yeh engine-vinjin kya hai? 2 1.23%
What on earth are you talking about??!! 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2007, 12:24   #46
BANNED

You just went through the whole complicated process of swapping an engine, but you're too busy to get it grooved? Weirdo
Old 12th January 2007, 12:35   #47
Team-BHP Support

I love Q Cars. I believe spoilers, skirts and other stuff should be put on a car only if they are technically necessary. I do believe alloy wheels should be fitted on all cars as standard.
Old 12th January 2007, 20:59   #48
elf
BANNED

@Boom: I can certify that jesal's insane. Met him some time back, after he'd gotten the engine put in. He & somebody else took the Zen down 10th Road at Juhu. They both came back. The dude that was driving was grinning ear to ear... "Man, we just did 140. By the way, there's no brakes on this thing..."

jesal currently definitely has a Q car. Now all he needs, IMHO, are brakes, an uprated suspension, some better rubber & engine oil. There wasn't any the last time I saw him.
Old 13th January 2007, 01:25   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
@Boom: I can certify that jesal's insane. Met him some time back, after he'd gotten the engine put in. He & somebody else took the Zen down 10th Road at Juhu. They both came back. The dude that was driving was grinning ear to ear... "Man, we just did 140. By the way, there's no brakes on this thing..."

jesal currently definitely has a Q car. Now all he needs, IMHO, are brakes, an uprated suspension, some better rubber & engine oil. There wasn't any the last time I saw him.
@boom i know im a damn weird guy. engine swapping is so simple not that difficult really. takes one day yaar. one morning i got up and decided i wanted a new engine next day its inside the car. im full of surprises.... btw do u stay in versova kya. seen the car once in the night... even i stay there...

@ elf new brakes will be comin in am runnin on 2 boosters too. engine oil thingy fixed now. now only cosmetics im really bored with engines and wires all around the place.

Last edited by jesal : 13th January 2007 at 01:27.
Old 13th January 2007, 01:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

@jesal NOW THAT YOUR CAR is ready..i think you should give it to the Sardar aka monty for a test drive on 10th rd again..eh?
Old 13th January 2007, 01:52   #51
elf
BANNED

Off topic, but is Monty a member yet?

Also, jesal, please let me know when you go in for the cosmetic mods - maybe we can come up with some ideas together... Also, two boosters...???
Old 13th January 2007, 04:23   #52
BHPian

Q car all the way. mabey a boot lip spoiler and slightly lowering the car.
alloys dont count because they are performance enhancements(you know, less unsprung weight, that sort of thing)
Old 13th January 2007, 04:28   #53
elf
BANNED

Yeah, a boot lip spoiler seems understated enough. Something like those optionally available on the current Honda Accords. Or the old AMG ducktails, though that seems a bit OTT to me...
Old 13th January 2007, 04:36   #54
BHPian

ducktails are too much, i mean something like the new bimmer 335i sedan. it looks like a normal 3er but goes just as fast as an E46 m3.
Old 13th January 2007, 09:09   #55
BANNED

Is that ZEN sill doing rounds?

Quote:

I heard Jesal's Zen had a crash!!
A Q car down??
Old 13th January 2007, 09:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I heard Jesal's Zen had a crash!!
A Q car down??
heard the same. a friend of his has sent a msg to all on the t-bhp community on orkut !! pictures are on his profile !!
Old 13th January 2007, 11:14   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
heard the same. a friend of his has sent a msg to all on the t-bhp community on orkut !! pictures are on his profile !!
yup....his car crashed...with a Santro....i hope he is ok...
Old 13th January 2007, 12:47   #58
BANNED

@ speedzak - yes the car had a crash. some fender benders gone. stupid friend crashed it. cars back in shape now. no engine damage though. my so called Q car is not down for sure will be back i love it too much heck i bought a santro in 2004 and sold it in 2005 just to go ahead and keep my 1998 zen. i really love it, means everything to me...

@manveet - this friend of mine is gonna get my *** into trouble since i still have not told anyone at home what happened.

@planetrocker - all are ok with some stupid bruises if my friend drove wisely. its not his first accident. probably his 11 or something.
Old 13th January 2007, 12:51   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Off topic, but is Monty a member yet?

Also, jesal, please let me know when you go in for the cosmetic mods - maybe we can come up with some ideas together... Also, two boosters...???
i meant made another bigger vacuum my bad to add a little more breaking. the car was never ready i was running it in and others were ripping it. sooo.... tons of issues there. my accidents are normally scratches on the car only not on me... cosmetics now mayb a black hood now..
Old 13th January 2007, 12:54   #60
elf
BANNED

jesal, sorry to hear about it & glad that you're OK.

Do what I do - drive safe & never let idiot friends drive... Actually, nobody else drives my car - ever!

Most Viewed