Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I love Q Cars. Do you?
I too love Q Cars. Give me the hidden pleasures of a performance car in a normal body. 116 71.17%
You need to look fast & go fast & therefore I like both engine & body mods. 37 22.70%
Body mods are most important - that'll scare 'em off. Besides, yeh engine-vinjin kya hai? 2 1.23%
What on earth are you talking about??!! 8 4.91%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:00   #91
Senior - BHPian

@Nitroxx
The Skoda 1.8T can be a sleeper by ur example... It looks very basic, very simple and very much like the diesel version. No alloys, so sporty bumper nothing. Just the 150bhp turbocharged engine. Only the badging gives way but that too only if u look very very carefully.

And in this case, the Accord V6 can also easily be mistaken for another normal Accord, but the twin exhausts give way i guess..

Last edited by karthik247 : 2nd March 2007 at 10:06.
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:03   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
@Nitroxx
No alloys, so sporty bumper nothing. Just the 150bhp turbocharged engine. Only the badging gives way but that too only if u look very very
carefully.
I thought the RS always came with alloys and sport bumpers?
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I thought the RS always came with alloys and sport bumpers?
I'm not talking about the RS. There is the Rider Version of it called the 1.8TPi or in short, its got the same engine but no candy like xenons, sunroof, sporty bumper etc.. And its also price a few lakhs lower than the RS (costs just like the base model diesel i think)

Last edited by karthik247 : 2nd March 2007 at 10:07.
Old 2nd March 2007, 10:42   #94
Team-BHP Support

My bad, I thought you mentioned the RS in your post since you pointed to the badge and all.
Old 2nd March 2007, 13:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
The Petra's horsepower may match the other sedans in it's class, but don't forget the gobsmacking torque that the 1.6 engine in it produces.
elf, it was not about the Petra per se. It was just that I found your initial definition of a Q and your acknowledging a stock car as Q, conflicting. Now that the definition has been changed to include stock cars also, the Petra could be in. But then so will most of its peers.

Just had a look at the torque figures of the various cars in this segment.
Petra : 137 Nm @ 4250 rpm
Baleno : 130.5 Nm @ 3000 rpm
NHC Vtec : 132.38 Nm @ 4800 rpm
Fiesta 1.6 : 146 Nm @ 3400 rpm
Old 2nd March 2007, 14:21   #96
Team-BHP Support

A car that performs the same as a similar one that is available from the showroom does not a 'Q' car make.

IMO, the term "Sleeper" defines a car that looks like a regular, under performing car which people would not give a second look at. However, it does proceed to take the pants off more expensive and powerful cars. That last part is the most important. a car that is fast from the factory (1.8TPI/Vtec etc) are not sleepers. A car like the Alto but with the performance of a 1.8TPI would be a sleeper!

So, IMO, many of the cars mentioned here as 'Q' cars do not fit that definition. The only car that does fit it perfectly is Psycho's blown Esteem, which is the ultimate example of what a sleeper is and should be, right down to the wheels used and stock sounding exhaust.

I guess anyone is free to interpret the term as loosely as they want and also feel that their own car qualifies to be a sleeper. I'm not gonna rain on their parade. But when we start calling a $50,000+ Audi S4 a sleeper...well...no comment!
Old 2nd March 2007, 15:09   #97
BHPian

Hi All,

for me its 'Q' car.

Rajs
Old 3rd March 2007, 01:44   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

Just had a look at the torque figures of the various cars in this segment.
Petra : 137 Nm @ 4250 rpm
Baleno : 130.5 Nm @ 3000 rpm
NHC Vtec : 132.38 Nm @ 4800 rpm
Fiesta 1.6 : 146 Nm @ 3400 rpm
Just FYI, the BS-II Baleno used to produce 138 Nm. But man, I didn't know the Fiesta produces that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
The only car that does fit it perfectly is Psycho's blown Esteem, which is the ultimate example of what a sleeper is and should be, right down to the wheels used and stock sounding exhaust.
Eh, Psycho's Esteem has shiny alloys, a custom paint job, and the exhaust is pretty loud at revs. But mclaren's car is pretty 'Q', until past 4000 rpm. Down to the skinny tyres.
Old 3rd March 2007, 09:10   #99
Team-BHP Support

custom paint job? I've only seen Keshav's car at the drag, and it had the OE dull gray paint.
Old 3rd March 2007, 09:24   #100
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
custom paint job? I've only seen Keshav's car at the drag, and it had the OE dull gray paint.
No Robeeen .. Thats a custom paint job , only psycho knows how many coats have gone onto that car .. I for certain know that the car was painted thrice .. Tunner wasnt satisfied with the work so took a key and scratched the whole car atleast twice.. Rumours also say that he might have used a blow torch too ..
Old 3rd March 2007, 09:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
.. Tunner wasnt satisfied with the work so took a key and scratched the whole car atleast twice.. Rumours also say that he might have used a blow torch too ..

And this ladies and gentlemen explains why he is called "Psycho"

Godfather
Old 3rd March 2007, 09:34   #102
Team-BHP Support

aarey fine, he painted it 10 times! But it still looks a single shade of grey, and not some neon green!!!
Old 3rd March 2007, 09:50   #103
BANNED

Quote:
aarey fine, he painted it 10 times! But it still looks a single shade of grey, and not some neon green!!!
There in lies the whole joke .. He wanted it to be unique , finally after test satisfaction took his car out on road and immediately found another esteem running almost the same colour (though this was stock from the factory) , still cant forget the look on psycho's face .. All he said was "SSOOO" (disappointed) ?? when one one of us mentioned "Hhahaa .. Your car keshav your car (pointing at that stock car) .. But he has had to live with it ever since and loves it too .. And thats what matters ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
But mclaren's car is pretty 'Q', until past 4000 rpm. Down to the skinny tyres.
Not quite sure about the Q part but the car is back to stock 13'' rims with studless tyres ..
Old 3rd March 2007, 10:56   #104
elf
BANNED

It's quite simple really. A car that looks normal / stock from the outside without any overt body mods, yet goes like stink is a Q or a sleeper.

Whether it's been factory or privately tuned to do so does not matter. Also, don't just think about it in the Indian context.

@Rt: An Audi S4 or the S8 without the badging would definitely qualify as a Q, no matter what the price.

So would Psycho's car. On the other hand, it may not, once you take a look at the owner! You know that anything he drives / rides - even a bicycle - would go like it had a pit bull on it's a$$.

By that same yardstick & at the other end of the spectrum, even if Stumpy drove a modded Veyron, it would qualify as a Q. Simply because nobody expects anything that looks like that to go the way he does. And that's a compliment.
Old 3rd March 2007, 14:01   #105
BANNED

And this is what a sleeper car like this does to u ------->
Yes puts u to sleep ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks