Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 13:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

The quality of stanley art leather is pretty good. Even in summers I dont sweat
Old 14th May 2009, 10:28   #122
BHPian

Can anyone tell me about the quality of autoform art leather seat covers? Are they a good buy? What about getting hot and sweaty in summers? their brochure says that they are specifically designed to prevent this.

Their website:- AutoForm Seat Covers - Premium Automotive Seat Covers in India
Old 14th May 2009, 10:40   #123
BHPian

Was planning to go with Stanley nappa leather for my Linea, they quoted around 35~37K. Got a quote from Ovion too for nappa leather they quoted 25K. Can anyone throw some light on this whats the difference between Stanley and Ovion. I've got stanley on my Swift but never tried ovion.
Old 14th May 2009, 12:01   #124
Senior - BHPian

the main difference is the company you are buying it from, Stanley are expensive compared to other brands available in the market.

check this thread for more on ovion seat covers.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...seats-sx4.html
Old 14th May 2009, 20:37   #125
Senior - BHPian

hi I got autoform art leather seat covers done for my i10 this week. I'll post some pics soon. Cost me 6500 for 5 seats. Am pretty satisfied with the quality of the work. I had the same apprehensions (seats getting hot in summer sun) but the installer here showed me his car that was parked outside in sun. The seats werent really hot enough to be too uncomfortable to sit (they were a bit hot though, but the comfort leather seats provide compared to fabric just tilted decision in favor of art leather (although I can afford Stanley but I am looking to change the car in 1-2 years time so didnt go for them. Just sit on a seat with autoform and you'll know!

Go for autoform. It is VFM in my view. Just choose a good installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
Can anyone tell me about the quality of autoform art leather seat covers? Are they a good buy? What about getting hot and sweaty in summers? their brochure says that they are specifically designed to prevent this.

Their website:- AutoForm Seat Covers - Premium Automotive Seat Covers in India
Old 15th May 2009, 09:40   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
hi I got autoform art leather seat covers done for my i10 this week. I'll post some pics soon. Cost me 6500 for 5 seats. Am pretty satisfied with the quality of the work. I had the same apprehensions (seats getting hot in summer sun) but the installer here showed me his car that was parked outside in sun. The seats werent really hot enough to be too uncomfortable to sit (they were a bit hot though, but the comfort leather seats provide compared to fabric just tilted decision in favor of art leather (although I can afford Stanley but I am looking to change the car in 1-2 years time so didnt go for them. Just sit on a seat with autoform and you'll know!

Go for autoform. It is VFM in my view. Just choose a good installer.

Hi I eagerly await your pics as I have to get them installed soon and those would help me immensely to make a decision. I have an i20. Do tell me which installer you got it from (address/ phone no. would be appreciated) and also which model of autoform you got?
Old 15th May 2009, 11:35   #127
BHPian

Linen/Fabric Seat covers for Swift VDi

Folks,

Could you please suggest me some places in b'lore where i can get linen/fabric seat covers for my swift ? I am put up at JP Nagar, and any place around would be of help.

Thanks.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:53   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Folks,

Could you please suggest me some places in b'lore where i can get linen/fabric seat covers for my swift ? I am put up at JP Nagar, and any place around would be of help.

Thanks.
You can check at many Auto Accessory shops in Jayanagar 4th block or 4th T block. There is one near the makeshift Jayanagar 4th Blk bus stand near old RV dental college. You can order for one and they will custom make the seat covers.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:41   #129
BHPian

Guys,

I have just bought a new swift and as i am in furniture business i decided that i would source the leather myself and get the car covers done. I called up my source who deals in leather and to my surprise he told me that he himself is doing a loads of cars for quite a few big dealers of Delhi. He charges about 5K for the stitching plus the cost of the fabric/leather/art leather. He advised me to go in for a leather + art leather combination in such a way that middle portion of seats and back can be leather and rest all art leather.

What do you guys say about that.

TIA

Switch
Old 15th May 2009, 16:33   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Guys,

I have just bought a new swift and as i am in furniture business i decided that i would source the leather myself and get the car covers done. I called up my source who deals in leather and to my surprise he told me that he himself is doing a loads of cars for quite a few big dealers of Delhi. He charges about 5K for the stitching plus the cost of the fabric/leather/art leather. He advised me to go in for a leather + art leather combination in such a way that middle portion of seats and back can be leather and rest all art leather.

What do you guys say about that.

TIA

Switch
This sounds like good news for all of us who can't afford stanley. What's the complete price for leather? Any add/tel of the guy would be appreciated.
Old 9th June 2009, 08:01   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
vahanpujari-art leather is nothing but pu, no difference,only its made too look like leather, it gets really hot,if u have the budget please go for genuine leather.
It all depends on the quality of PU ( polyurethane) used. The material by itself does not generate heat. Of course the PVC ( poly vinyl chloride) slip on covers are not good ergonomically and its always better to go for PU as PVC is not durable at all and can be sticky in tropical countries like India. But If your car is aircon there will be no heat with good PU!

Look at this company Aviation textiles - Tapis Corporation - Aviation fabrics for aircraft interiors featuring Ultraleather, Ultrasuede, Grospoint, Geneve and Tapisuede they make PU for aircraft seats and it is more expensive than the best real leather in the world ! They are standard for airbus, boeing etc.

So to say that PU is bad and generates heat etc is a misunderstanding. It really depends on the quality of material used by manufacturer and installer. The surface temperature of seats will be high if car parked in the sun but a few minutes of aircon will cool it down. But that is the case with real leather as well. But PU and leather is so much easier to maintain and more hygienic than fabric seats.
Old 10th June 2009, 14:37   #132
BHPian

hypercar-the pu u mentioned here is not going to be used in any of the cars in india by any of the seat cover makers,so please be practical and not ask anyone to use something that nasa is going to use in there next trip to mars rocket material in our cars.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:35   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
You can check at many Auto Accessory shops in Jayanagar 4th block or 4th T block. There is one near the makeshift Jayanagar 4th Blk bus stand near old RV dental college. You can order for one and they will custom make the seat covers.
Thanks Folks.

I got the art leather seat cover done for my swift VDi at JC Road. The cost was Rs 2.5K and it was custom stitched at their premises.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:50   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Thanks Folks.

I got the art leather seat cover done for my swift VDi at JC Road. The cost was Rs 2.5K and it was custom stitched at their premises.
That sounds quite economical. Can you post some pictures of the seat covers that you got for this price?
Old 10th June 2009, 16:16   #135
BHPian

My drive has been on stanley leather, and it is very comfortable. No sweat even after long drives of over 6 hours. The summer drives have been comfortable and less sweaty. My scorpio has normal semi leather cover. I even sweat when there is showers....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks