Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2023, 00:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
At the time I wanted them for the CRDe, I could not find them so settled for Hella instead for lens and reflector.

The glass lens is made in Austria or somewhere but the whole thing costs less than 1K per side because the rest of the mechanism from OEM unit including the leveler should work with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Hi, could you please share a link for the Lucas headlamp as well as the Hella one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
I doubt Hella would be available online. If you’re in Delhi NCR I can PM you the contact. He’ll further connect you to your nearest distributor, or you can ask him about dealers/distributors in your region.

It is the most value for money upgrade I have done. Add in Osram/Philips halogens, you’re good to go in any weather.

Plus, no challans for modded lights.
I had written a detailed post about this setup https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5372390 (Mahindra Thar : Official Review)

I got it from the Hella Chennai distributor. Let me know if you require his contact details.
Jaguar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 15:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I had written a detailed post about this setup Link (Mahindra Thar : Official Review)

I got it from the Hella Chennai distributor. Let me know if you require his contact details.
Yes Sir! Your post did help a lot. I had some queries too regarding part number which a kind gentleman helped with on same thread. Perks of being a member.

Low beam Throw is excellent in these lights although I am not sure whether this is because of upgraded halogens or these reflectors.

Considering the cost, it is extremely value for money.

Since we have readers across India, a simple tip. Contact Hella’s office, they will happily share the number of local distributor. Further he’d happily share details of your nearest dealer.

Since, I could not find any thread to post this. I'll post here just to show my headlamps.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-tharlow-q.jpg
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 10:56   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Last I heard, my Stedi headlights are on the way. Finally! Will update post install
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 11:43   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Last I heard, my Stedi headlights are on the way. Finally! Will update post install
This one? Looks like it would work very well. Before you install this, park the vehicle infront of a white wall and make a note of the factory headlight beam cut off at 0 position on the leveler and mount this LED at the same alignment. You may have to dip down to position 1 post install for driving.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-stedi-led.png

I have experienced good OEM LED lights, I am sure a well designed one can replace a Halogen set adequately. When it comes to 7 Inch sealed beam replacements, I think some of the aftermarket options will be able to match OEM standards.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 12:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

I know here we are looking for main headlights, so please delete if this is off topic.

This is my setup. 3" projectors in fog location with 3 colours (white, off-white and yellow).
Since my main headlights are just showoff Gwagon style hence my main working lights are these projector fog lights. After this I really don't need to switch on main headlights.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-p_20220303_182158.jpg

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-p_20220303_182328.jpg

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-p_20220303_182110.jpg

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-p_20220303_181743.jpg
nitinralli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 16:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
Can you elaborate how we can connect two separate relays?
Going off-topic a bit to explain.
Okay, so you will need to purchase two relays and two Fuses first.
Snap the wire before the relay in the H4 pin connector of the Harness.
Solder another relay with separate fuses and connect this with the Ceramic H4 holders.
I have attached picture of my edited Harness.

I had 130W before but when I got my hands on the GE 140w, the fuses melted after a few month of usage. Hence this exercise.
Attached Thumbnails
Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-harness.jpg  

Last edited by KkVaidya : 8th February 2023 at 16:55.
KkVaidya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 06:43   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rush, eagerly looking forward towards your review/user experience on the whole car.
dhanushs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2023, 11:39   #38
BHPian

Inspired by GTO, i decided to order a pair of STEDI headlamps as well for my Thar. After doing some research on this brand and checking out multiple online reviews, I'm convinced these will be a high quality upgrade over the OEM units. I have ordered the STEDI 7 inch Carbon Black model, eagerly looking forward to its arrival and installation.

Last edited by Nair.V8 : 11th February 2023 at 11:40.
Nair.V8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 12:23   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

On Team-BHP's 19th birthday (Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?), I am gifting my Jeep something . As I've frequently said before, LED headlights aren't the problem. It's the cheap 8 - 15k Chinese knockoff ones in the market that are the problem.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. These feel very high quality and the online reviews are encouraging. Getting them installed next week . Will update on their performance after using them in the city + highway.

Thanks to .anshuman for sharing the importer's contact! I imported these from Offroaders Community, Number 9818059059.

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img4894.jpg

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img4895.jpg

Good-looking & powerful LED headlights for the Mahindra Thar?-img4897.jpg
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 15:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
On Team-BHP's 19th birthday (Wishing Team-BHP, a Happy 19th Birthday | How has Team-BHP helped you?), I am gifting my Jeep something . As I've frequently said before, LED headlights aren't the problem. It's the cheap 8 - 15k Chinese knockoff ones in the market that are the problem.
Can't wait to see your Thar once these are installed. It's gonna be unlike anything in the market!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th February 2023 at 17:05. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Nair.V8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 21:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
These feel very high quality and the online reviews are encouraging.
If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for this? Also, are those pedal covers for XUV7OO? Are these compatible with Thar?
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 22:16   #42
BHPian

Anyone tried replacing just the stock bulbs from halogen to LEDs, while retaining the OEM headlamp assembly? I have a feeling this would be a more plug and play solution, and maybe slightly easier on the pockets too...

Thanks in advance.
Old 15th February 2023, 11:54   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.
Gulp how much you paid for? 25K INR? or more. These are supposedly good lights, hope the mamu's on the road don't object.

I still prefer the nitinralli set up of HID in fog/running light. This way you have the stock head light intact and the stealth setup in HID's.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th February 2023 at 12:03.
Jaggu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 10:57   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Gulp how much you paid for? 25K INR? or more.
These lights are currently priced at 40k. Their price on the Stedi website is Australian $400, which is about Rs 23,000. Add shipping, import duty, importer margins etc and 40k is about right. Straight fit for other 4x4s like Defenders, Wranglers, G-Wagens too.

The highest-priced lights from Bimbra are for 20 - 25k, but I wasn't convinced about the make / origin. Although, my Thar has a lot of other stuff from Bimbra and I have found them to be very good in quality.

Expensive yes, but I am not price sensitive.

Quote:
These are supposedly good lights, hope the mamu's on the road don't object.
Mumbai Police are generally okay with these.

Quote:
Also, are those pedal covers for XUV7OO? Are these compatible with Thar?
Hahaha! Trust an eagle-eyed BHPian to spot them. Yes, they are to be fitted on my Thar. A BHPian (forgot who) had posted pics of these on his Thar. A-pedal requires a little bending IIRC.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2023 at 10:59.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 11:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks to .anshuman for sharing the importer's contact! I imported these from Offroaders Community, Number 9818059059.

Attachment 2418669
And what about that Quad Pro LED bar? Where would place them? Any clear pictures?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks