Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 10:36   #226
BHPian

Re: Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)

So I bought the Amazon Basics Drying Towel and used it couple of times. Just like any Amazon Basics product, they are not the best ones in the market but definitely VFM.
I am happy with its water absorption capability. I could dry my Collinite-845 waxed Seltos and the towel is barely wet and no wringing required. I was expecting the towel to turn soggy after drying the roof which had good amount of water but it absorbed well and I could clean windshields and windows next without wringing.
papr23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:40   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

I use a silicone blade to remove most of the water before drying. They are available in the car accessories market, but the one I use is actually made for floors. Not the hard, rubber squeegee, but a soft, silicone blade, high quality, a 3m product.

I should say, though, that some people think there is a possibility of fine scratching. Each has to make their own decision on this one. The super-high-gloss folk should probably stick to towels only.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 14:51   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Need a good drying towel. Got the soft spun waffle weave 60x80 version and its pretty much junk after 3 panels. Lots of wringing.

Any suggestions? The DC stuff is unavailable.
Old 3rd December 2023, 20:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Need a good drying towel. Got the soft spun waffle weave 60x80 version and its pretty much junk after 3 panels. Lots of wringing.

Any suggestions? The DC stuff is unavailable.
I got Softspun 900gsm 40x60 micro fiber towels from Amazon. They are pretty good quality, very thick and soak very well IMO.
Gupts007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks