Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2017, 13:39   #166
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Metro Cash & Carry had them a few months ago. Got a couple of them for about 300 I think.
₹300 for couple of them is good, but what size ?

I got them from detailedclean website, the towels are really large (24" x 36") and very good. I had posted about them earlier here (Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing))
If I remember correctly, had paid ₹750.

Last edited by NPV : 29th December 2017 at 13:42.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 19:23   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
In addition to this I experimented in buying something called LeGear
Thanks for your quick review.

I had a eye on it. Went ahead and bought a set of 3 for just ₹ 222 during a sale
Old 4th January 2018, 22:19   #168
BHPian

I am looking to get a bunch of Microfiber for my car exterior,interior and glass cleaning purposes. The entire gsm stuff is highly confusing some say higher gsm better absortion etc.
Unable to get clarity on the cloth I need to get. I would love suggestions as to which is good for what and pointers where I can get good quality MF towels.
Old 4th January 2018, 23:17   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
I am looking to get a bunch of Microfiber for my car exterior,interior and glass cleaning purposes. The entire gsm stuff is highly confusing some say higher gsm better absortion etc. .... ... ...
You can't buy by "specification." Mostly, you will end up buying different cloths and finding out that they are good for different things. Dip in and try!

There are cloths that are made for different purposes, such as low-pile, non-linting, glass cloths; thick polishing cloths; softy-soft cloths --- for the human bath! and not to mention kitchen stuff. Almost everything you buy will be good for something.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 09:00   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to get a bunch of Microfiber for my car exterior,interior and glass cleaning purposes. The entire gsm stuff is highly confusing some say higher gsm better absortion etc.
Unable to get clarity on the cloth I need to get. I would love suggestions as to which is good for what and pointers where I can get good quality MF towels.
I agree with Thad. Absorption rate also depends upon the structure of the fiber. Some polishing cloths have high GSM but dont absorb a huge amount of water since their fiber is very smooth and this does not take in much water. However, to tell it in simple words,
  • Get a thin and low GSM MF like Amazonbasics regular or 3M(the pack of 10s) for use in car interiors, dry wipe etc. Thin cloths are easy to wipe in small places and contours and that helps for the car interiors. Since the interiors are not water washed or too dirty, the cloth can do its job well.
  • Get a drying towel for drying the car after a wash. These are best in terms of water absorption. Again, AmazonBasics has a VFM set of two towels at less than 500. In fact, due to some offer or glitch I ended up getting two packs of two towels each for 600 in all
  • Get a high GSM fine MF cloth for detailing needs or for final wiping. The drying towel is best used for a light run across the paint, so that all the water is gone. Final wipe with a high GSM cloth will give complete the process.
Apart from this, the low GSM cloth can also be used on the glass too after the drying towel.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 14:51   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to get a bunch of Microfiber...
Throw out your cotton and rags... use microfibre for everything. You will be soon be a convert: car, house, kitchen, everything!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 5th January 2018 at 14:52.
Old 7th January 2018, 11:26   #172
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with Thad. Absorption rate also depends upon the structure of the fiber. Some polishing cloths have high GSM but dont absorb a huge amount of water since their fiber is very smooth and this does not take in much water. However, to tell it in simple words,
  • Get a thin and low GSM MF like Amazonbasics regular or 3M(the pack of 10s) for use in car interiors, dry wipe etc. Thin cloths are easy to wipe in small places and contours and that helps for the car interiors. Since the interiors are not water washed or too dirty, the cloth can do its job well.
  • Get a drying towel for drying the car after a wash. These are best in terms of water absorption. Again, AmazonBasics has a VFM set of two towels at less than 500. In fact, due to some offer or glitch I ended up getting two packs of two towels each for 600 in all
  • Get a high GSM fine MF cloth for detailing needs or for final wiping. The drying towel is best used for a light run across the paint, so that all the water is gone. Final wipe with a high GSM cloth will give complete the process.
Apart from this, the low GSM cloth can also be used on the glass too after the drying towel.
Thanks for the inputs will look at Amazon Basics regular and drying towels.
With regard to high GSM fine MF cloth how high would you suggest.
There was a tech glitch in amazon which offered pack of 24 at 426 but as I added to cart it disappeared .
Anyways still looking for some deals in amazon will get them once I find it. Any inputs on Sobby Softspun or Legear MF cloth
Old 13th January 2018, 08:45   #173
Senior - BHPian

Paid Rs 350 for a set of 3 LeGear towels through Amazon. It's plush to the feel no doubt and is best for waxing I felt. Don't know if its the same quality you received but mine is shedding in areas, on first use.

For real dirt, I'm using Lock&Lock (Vietnamese cotton), the cheapest ones that you get - at groceries in Dubai. Dip in water, wring and wipe. This would cost you Rs 100 each. But nothing beats Dad's good-old tattered baniyans - anyday :-)

Quote:
LeGear from Amazon for 260 bucks for 3Attachment 1709899
Attached Thumbnails
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_2673.jpg  

Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_2674.jpg  

Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_2679.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 11:00   #174
BHPian

Special thanks for audioholic ended up purchasing pack of 24 Amazon Basics regular MF cloth for 476.
Also got two drying towels from Amazon basics itself for 304. Once they arrive it's time to put them to use and check results
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 12:11   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Paid Rs 350 for a set of 3 LeGear towels through Amazon. It's plush to the feel no doubt and is best for waxing I felt. Don't know if its the same quality you received but mine is shedding in areas, on first use.
I havent put it to use till now except for wiping electronic gadgets. It could have excess lint which it could be shedding. Did you wash it once? After washing it once the lint goes away.
Old 13th January 2018, 18:41   #176
Senior - BHPian

No, I hadn't washed it. Shall wash and try. Should be suitable for electronics, if not detailing :-)

Quote:
I haven't put it to use till now except for wiping electronic gadgets. It could have excess lint which it could be shedding
Old 15th January 2018, 13:01   #177
BHPian

As posted earlier I have purchased drying cloth n regular MF cloth from Amazon Basics.
Looking to get some thick MF for final wipe seen some MF of Posh brand 40*60 440 GSM anyone used these or some input about other brand shall be helpful.
TIA
Old 31st January 2018, 23:38   #178
BHPian

In my experience, the best quality microfiber cloths are from an international (mostly German) cleaning equipment maker - UNGER.

We use their products in our showroom for cleaning and maintenance. I use the cloth they provide, for my car too.
Insane Devil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 23:47   #179
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking to get some thick MF for final wipe seen some MF of Posh brand 40*60 440 GSM anyone used these or some input about other brand shall be helpful.
I have been using the X-static small sized microfiber cloth as well as the DC giant microfiber towel (24"x36") for drying and very happy with the results. See my earlier post #166 and linked post there for more details. I bought from detailedclean website but I think you can find the X-static smaller ones on other sites too.

*Needless to say, I have no association or commercial interest with the brands or website/seller

Last edited by NPV : 31st January 2018 at 23:52.
Old 5th February 2018, 19:32   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Microfiber Towels Shopping from Amazon

1. Amazon Basics : Pack of 6 for Rs. 300
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_20180205_130116_hdr.jpg
https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-M.../dp/B013R7XPB8

2. Sobby : Pack of 4 for Rs. 330
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_20180205_184519_hht.jpg
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_20180205_184637.jpg
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B07489...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon Basics (30 * 41) vs Sobby (40 * 40)
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_20180205_185253.jpg
Total : 10
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-img_20180205_185546.jpg
1. Sobby is larger and feels more plush than Amazon Basics.
2. Both are good for the price. VFM.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th February 2018 at 19:44.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks