Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2012, 15:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)

Not sure about a place in pune, but came across this in ebay. Looks like what you are looking for...

MULTIPURPOSE MICROFIBRE SUPER MITT HAND GLOVES | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I heard that Microfibre gloves are also available and they are really neat for applying car shampoo. Does anybody know where it would be available in Pune and what price?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 16:13   #122
BHPian

I totally agree with the title of this thread. IMHO, It's THE NEXT BEST invention after THE WHEEL.

In the detailing world, I doubt if anything can challenge this cloth.

However, when it comes to washing cars, there's little that one can do to control scratches and swirls on the car's body, considering climatic and road conditions here in India. The kind of dirt that the bodies of our cars are put through, it really takes some hard manual labour to clean off dirt. So, the cheapest option would be to get a CAR WASH SPONGE. Of course, there are expensive options like a microfiber mitt, lambswool mitt, ONR, etc. etc.

Of lately, I find the SHELL outlets stocking up all that I need under one roof. That's good news.
Old 28th January 2012, 00:33   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Team,

If anyone is interested then please browse through this link http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:X:AAQ:IN:1123
This is no longer available - can you let me know the actual name of the product so that a search can be made on ebay ?!
Old 30th January 2012, 19:14   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
This is no longer available - can you let me know the actual name of the product so that a search can be made on ebay ?!
Sorry mate couldnt find it myself , last time I searched for Pet Microfiber towel and there it was , now I cannot find it.
Old 30th January 2012, 19:39   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Sorry mate couldnt find it myself , last time I searched for Pet Microfiber towel and there it was , now I cannot find it.
Guess you got the last towel made by the company !!

There are similar microfiber towels available - are they any good ?
Old 30th January 2012, 20:41   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Guess you got the last towel made by the company !!

There are similar microfiber towels available - are they any good ?
That was indeed a good buy that too for only 250Rs if I remember correctly , The towel is very good , till today drying up my PET car has never been easier

If your getting a similar product for the same rate the I would surely recommend , a few searches come up with towels costing 1 to 2k which is a lot
Old 1st May 2012, 16:38   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I heard that Microfibre gloves are also available and they are really neat for applying car shampoo. Does anybody know where it would be available in Pune and what price?
Bought a microfibre mitt glove yesterday from Alfa, Irla in Mumbai. Cost was rs50. Alfa is known for its unbeatable prices, I think other places you should get it for not more than 150-200.

Exactly like the one in the picture I have posted. Same color too
Attached Thumbnails
Microfiber Towels in India (best for detailing)-car_wash_mitt_microfiber_mitt_chenille_cleaning.jpg  

Old 1st May 2012, 19:33   #128
BHPian

This one is really good. one dip in car shampoo is enough to wash one side of the car.

X-STATIC MICROFIBER : WASHING SPONGE | eBay
Old 1st May 2012, 19:57   #129
BHPian

I bought this

Muc-Off Chenille Wash Mitt | eBay

as well as this

MULTIPURPOSE CLEANING HAND GLOVE SUPER MICROFIBER WASHING MITT | eBay

The cheaper Rs.99 one is good too, but Muc Off fits wrists better, is more absorbent, cleans far better, quicker and removes bird droppings/sap etc very easily.
Old 1st May 2012, 20:58   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
I bought this

Muc-Off Chenille Wash Mitt | eBay

as well as this

MULTIPURPOSE CLEANING HAND GLOVE SUPER MICROFIBER WASHING MITT | eBay

The cheaper Rs.99 one is good too, but Muc Off fits wrists better, is more absorbent, cleans far better, quicker and removes bird droppings/sap etc very easily.

The glove is an excellent product. using it for the last 2-3 months. Must say gets regular dust that accumulates on my vehicle off in a flash.
Old 3rd June 2013, 18:32   #131
BHPian

Has any of the members on this forum come across Micro-Fiber clothes that are larger than 12X12 inches or 16X16 inches?

I find the above sizes too small and they cover very less area in one go. I end up using 3 to 4 of them by the time I am done cleaning my car.

Though I use newspaper for cleaning the glass areas, I don't prefer anything apart from Micro-Fiber cloths for cleaning the metallic parts. I do have a glove as well, that I mainly use to wipe the roof, however, I would prefer a large sized cloth for the sides and bonnet.

Please let me know if any one has go any information on this.

Thanks!
Old 3rd June 2013, 22:53   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

I have larger towels than that, some of which get used for the car, and others, indoors, as actual towels. They are particularly good for travel, as, although one does not look big enough to dry body and hair, it does it fairly easily. They came from the 99p shop in London. Probably not very helpful.

Oddly, I have been looking for bath-sheet-sized MF towel, and I eventually found it in Singapore last week. Luxury, soft, long-pile stuff, and a lot more expensive, they are not going to be used on the car!

For your glass, please try to get microfibre that has a very short or no pile. Any will do, really, as long as it does not shed lint. You should find it better than paper. I never clean my specs with anything else.

Microfibre: great for Everything!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 23:39   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Has any of the members on this forum come across Micro-Fiber clothes that are larger than 12X12 inches or 16X16 inches?

I find the above sizes too small and they cover very less area in one go. I end up using 3 to 4 of them by the time I am done cleaning my car.
If this is the problem then you must try the Aqua Magnet by Xstatic concepts. Though the cloth size is small, ie 40cmX40cm, the way it absorbs water is just superb. Moreover, you can give it a gentle sqeeze and take out the remaining water. I have around 6 Microfiber towels with be, ranging from 3M, sonax, to local one brought from More. Out of these, the aqua magnet is the best towel to dry water after a wash. I use the rest for buffing and other duties. Moreover, the best part I like about it is, the towel requires very less or no pressure while wiping. It gives a streak free dry surface.

Have been using it from a year and odd and it has made washing effortless for me. Only downside is that it is a bit delicate. When I wipe across sharp edges etc, the threads get pulled off the cloth and because of this, the cloth lasted around Six months. Now it has become a hairy looking object. Anyways, price paid was well worth.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 00:41   #134
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Though I use newspaper for cleaning the glass areas, I don't prefer anything apart from Micro-Fiber cloths for cleaning the metallic parts. I do have a glove as well, that I mainly use to wipe the roof, however, I would prefer a large sized cloth for the sides and bonnet.

Thanks!
Are you referring to general wiping or drying towels? General ones are usually that much but drying towels are as large as 25x36 ( or even more)
General too come in larger, not seen any in India though
Old 4th June 2013, 01:33   #135
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks!
Hi There.

you should try these:

http://www.jopasu.com/index.php/prod...category_id=17

Proudly Made in India, 16x16, but much thicker than the regular MF towels available locally. You can buy a set of three cheap here:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Jopasu-Microf...1#ht_774wt_906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Oddly, I have been looking for bath-sheet-sized MF towel, and I eventually found it in Singapore last week. Luxury, soft, long-pile stuff, and a lot more expensive, they are not going to be used on the car!

Microfibre: great for Everything!
Been using the Aquis Microfiber towels for more than a decade now. Difficult to use anything else. One of the original Microfiber companies.

http://aquis.com/hair-and-bath/body-towel/

A Hair turban from them, and your wife is guaranteed to be indebted to you forever

Cheers
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks