Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 09:29   #1
rippergeo

My Peted Swift

Finally!
got it done. could'nt bear to wait and accumulate another 6300 for the CAI. Talked to peter, and he gently pushed me over the edge(not that I needed any pushing)

Cost 25,500 all inclusive(cheaper in kerala)
fitting time -20 mins
VFM?- you bet your sweet a**

what I was told to expect
1.smoother running engine- Check
2.better acceleration- check
3.better midrange and top end- check
4.better driveability-check
5.better mileage- dont know yet

now for the real life stuff
all the action takes place above 2000rpm.

in 2nd gear- the car now feels like its about to do a wheelie.
the steering gets lighter as the wheels lift off.
upshift at 3000rpm,which feels a lot more smoother(the engine, not the gearshift)

in 3rd gear, at 2000 rpm the car takes off like a cat with its tail on fire.
4th and 5th is the most fun.
at 2800rpm the car will do 80 in 4th while accelerating like a stock verna
at 3000rpm the swift will do a 100kmph and the engine still feels relaxed.

upshift at 3000rpm to 5th and the car settles down to cruise at 120kmph at 2200-2400rpm(i think- I was too busy looking at the road)

the net effect is that, the car has plenty of reserve at 120kmph. pushed it once to 140, and it was still accelerating. then i ran out of guts and road.

the car felt quite planted at these speeds, and I'm happy i peted my swift and not the verna.

Disadvantages of peteing my swift
1. it is a non ABS VDi- so there is a lack of confidence , but not had braking issues so far
2.I'm running 185/70 R 14 tyres- G3s in front and falkens at the back.
will change to G3s all round by today afternoon.
3. biggest disadvantage- No cold air intake yet!, but that will happen soon, next week, maybe.

Miscellaneous incidents-
My wife doesnt know about the chip- so i told her the performance increase is due to a "filter" when I was questioned about the way the car took off.

Dad doesnt know either,Dad was told that the "tuning" had been changed,his car had to go somewhere else, and he came back saying something was different about the car, its jerking forward if you touch the accelerator.

immediately after installation,I was stuck in traffic for 3hrs. worst 3hrs of my life.

I came home to find the Team BHP site down. called hydrashok because i had to call someone atleast and tell them about the car, otherwise i would have exploded.

my brother who was a massive verna fan, now wants to drive the swift all the time.(we now spend most our time whispering to each other about the car)

I'm running on the normal setting, which gives me 90bhp. a higher setting will be possible only after the CAI.

travelling to TVM tomorrow. hope to have some more fun on that highway.

Off topic stuff
apparently 140 tuning boxes for the innova have been sold- where are you hiding guys?
also- there are other peted swifts in cochin. "lots" according to peter. and they are TBHPians. own up guys! playing the sleeper among friends are you?

Peter did the installation for me himself. now I know why people keep going back to his place. a very pleasant experience. and like someone said earlier- He makes spending money so painless!!!! The support staff at his place were also very nice and helpful.

Now for that CAI.....

Old 11th January 2008, 09:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude... All u need now is that CAI and bigger and better wheels.
Old 11th January 2008, 09:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Cool Ripper, is the CAI: K&N or anyother brand ? and i suppose if you install FFE too your baby will be revved up to enhanced driveability too.

Drive safe and enjoy it...
Old 11th January 2008, 09:39   #4
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Cool Ripper, is the CAI: K&N or anyother brand ? and i suppose if you install FFE too your baby will be revved up to enhanced driveability too.

Drive safe and enjoy it...
It will be a green cotton. peter has a kit that works well with the swift and the tuning box.
I'm not sure about a FFE. will have to wait for someone to do the R&D for me :-)

Old 11th January 2008, 09:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!!

Rubber should be priority upgrade(I know its easier said than done) but thats when you will really starting extracting the most out of the chip.

Go ahead and make some Petrol swifts cry
Old 11th January 2008, 09:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

wow ! magic peter. BUSA has company now. Congrats rippergeo.
Old 11th January 2008, 10:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey ripper-you told 140 innovas with petes.i found one.it was KL-7 regn and black.he was right at my tail the whole distance from kollam to alleppey last week.it sure had to be peted else how in the world can an innova tail a verna like that.it was a complete dog fight after a loong time.go for the FFE and CAI.enjoy her ripper and dont sideline the poor venomous verna.
ram
Old 11th January 2008, 10:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Where is the air intake positioned in your intake system ? How much more effective is it than a stock K&N ? Am planning to install a CAI.
Old 11th January 2008, 10:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great to know the Pete's box works so well on the Swift DDiS !!!

Just wondering that the Palio 1.3 MJD is coming with the same engine, so should use the same Pete's Box.

How would that car handle ?? Much better I assume. Any views on the subject will be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 11th January 2008, 11:01   #10
BHPian

Jealous, so jealous of you right now !!! Anyways money saving for pete's is my top priority now he he !! Enjoy your ride and please please drive safe !
Old 11th January 2008, 11:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rippergeo for finally getting your Swift Peted. Get bigger tires and you will enjoy the car more.

Quote:
How would that car handle ?? Much better I assume. Any views on the subject will be appreciated.
Swift handles better then the Palio and first impressions about the Palio 1.3 MJD is that its not as peppy as the Swift, i think maybe its heavier.

Quote:
now I know why people keep going back to his place. a very pleasant experience. and like someone said earlier- He makes spending money so painless!!!! The support staff at his place were also very nice and helpful.
Bingo man, Peter is a fantastic person, he is always there for help if need be and his support staff is fantastic

Quote:
I'm not sure about a FFE. will have to wait for someone to do the R&D for me :-)
I did the R&D with the Petes box and Green Filter, now you please do it with the FFE
Old 11th January 2008, 11:20   #12
BANNED

Very nice deal just 25K for petes saved atleast 5 K, Congrates mate, let me finish my 5K then ill also join the Peted group .
Old 11th January 2008, 11:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
he came back saying something was different about the car, its jerking forward if you touch the accelerator.
congrats Rippergo,drive safe and enjoy the ride.

but thats unfair with the old man,you got him confused.

Now i know Pete's box can scare Old people.
Old 11th January 2008, 11:56   #14
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Where is the air intake positioned in your intake system ? How much more effective is it than a stock K&N ? Am planning to install a CAI.
hey max, haven't installed the CAI yet. ran out of vit M. will do next week. its supposed to draw in air from behind the gearbox/under the car. should be more effective than a K&N, but I have no numbers or evidence to back that up. anyway, i don't think a K&N is available for a swift D specifically. its the generic high flow filter that is adapted. K&Ns specifically built for the swift D are supposed to be available soon(they have been saying that for the last few months)

the stock swift draws air from the grille in front, so that should be good anyway with respect to temperature, but it is restrictive. and thats what I'm running now.

Old 11th January 2008, 11:59   #15
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Very nice deal just 25K for petes saved atleast 5 K, Congrates mate, let me finish my 5K then ill also join the Peted group .
actually outside kerala, the cost is like 26-28k, not sure. PM turboindia, he'll tell you. its less than 30k anyway. I kept thinking that it was 30k and the target seemed so far away, but luckily pete let me know the real price and I could buy it earlier.

I find the tyres 185 bridgestone G3s on 14 inch rims adequate. Was'nt too keen on alloys.
when the upgrades for brake discs from tarox are available, I might shift to 15 inch alloys, till then stock rims

Last edited by rippergeo : 11th January 2008 at 12:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks