Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 19:36   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
FFE - Free Flow Exhaust with headers. It will increase low and middle end torque (street spec). Search around forums, you will see lot of detailed description and feedbacks.

CAI - Cold Air Intake. Get a performance air filter. Improves your acceleration. Again search around for feedbacks

Cost - depends on the tuner. There is a thread on getting FFE in bangalore.

FFE is not something that I like. Agreed that there are power gains, but the noise is unbearable for me. Same with fitting K&N filters. I could never warm up to these.

I perfer a vehicle being a silent performer. And I love the Zen for its silent performance.

CAI is something I can try, but not sure whether it'll be that useful without having a FFE.

Keeping my options open for the time being.
Old 8th January 2009, 19:47   #227
BHPian

@krish3 - In FFE, you can still retain your original muffler and keep your car silent.
Old 8th January 2009, 19:57   #228
BHPian

That would be nice. Now I can seriously think of doing these mods and keeping the Zen with me, instead of going for a bigger vehicle.

My HUNT STARTS NOW!!!
Old 9th January 2009, 14:47   #229
BHPian

Caution!!!

All Zen owners please take caution. Please go through the following thread.

If somebody could come up with a mod or a solution for this, it would help. Please post it in the thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...e-lever-2.html
Old 9th January 2009, 15:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

kbalii, thanks for posting the link. I guess it is more to do with older Zen models??
Old 9th January 2009, 15:32   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
kbalii, thanks for posting the link. I guess it is more to do with older Zen models??
Yes. I guess so. The model of the zen that managed the dirty job was not posted, but I guess it would be one of the older zens.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:30   #232
rippergeo

@blueraven- nice car
when you say 40k- that includes the 1.3 esteem engine? And is yours the Carb, or the MPFI?
You're not planning to go FI are you?
What about suspension upgrades?

Old 9th January 2009, 21:14   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@blueraven- nice car
when you say 40k- that includes the 1.3 esteem engine? And is yours the Carb, or the MPFI?
You're not planning to go FI are you?
What about suspension upgrades?
Thanks, yes it includes the Esteem engine, only the A/c , alternator , Gear Box is from the Zen.
Go thru my post, u will get all your answers.

I don't know what is FI ? Fuel Injected ?
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:24   #234
Senior - BHPian

Hey every one just wanted to know if it is easy to do this white bit thats been done around the center console and meter thing.

i am planning to do this to my car. i do not have the black dashboard. i have the grey kinds. so i am planning for a Black color. is it s DIY thing?
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:47   #235
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
I don't know what is FI ? Fuel Injected ?
Forced induction- ie- turbo?

Old 22nd January 2009, 07:13   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hey every one just wanted to know if it is easy to do this white bit thats been done around the center console and meter thing.

i am planning to do this to my car. i do not have the black dashboard. i have the grey kinds. so i am planning for a Black color. is it s DIY thing?
Hey DD, I have the same panel colored in Black in my Zen except for the meter/gauges. It was done at a local service center and looked pretty DIY. I am interested in the White Speedo too. Anyone got any idea where can this be done ? Hey Satya can you help me with this in Bangy.
Old 22nd January 2009, 07:31   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey DD, I have the same panel colored in Black in my Zen except for the meter/gauges. It was done at a local service center and looked pretty DIY. I am interested in the White Speedo too. Anyone got any idea where can this be done ? Hey Satya can you help me with this in Bangy.
Hey thanks for the Quickey there Zenster. yes i was talking to a friend of mine rite after postiing this he was saying if i can paint my helmet then this should not be a problem. even i am looking for the white dials if you get any info please post it up here
Old 25th January 2009, 20:42   #238
BHPian

Hey DD, no sweat mate.. if read through this thread, you'll find the hundreds of questions and clarifications i have asked for and answering yours was the least i could do help a fellow Zenster

Another update for fellow Zen Owners, I recently got work done on my car namely the Clutch overhaul (4k parts and labour) and head gasket changed (5k gasket, 10 bolts and labour). Once this was done and i went on the roadtest drive, i found car loosing power and then the car stalled and so did my heart. But then it just something stuck in the exhaust system. We finally found the broken piece of the Cat-Con getting stuck in the exhaust pipe. They finally decided to remove the whole filling in the cat-con tube and i now i have no CAT-CON at all.

Benefits are that my car feels, drives and sounds much peppier and sportier. I dont know how much of a power increase there is but the power and pick-up in all gears feels better. the exhaust note is Music now . The only 2 things i feared were FE and PUC results before i can enjoy this change with no compromises. Well the car ran for a week and covered 276kms in 17.55lts of Shell Unleaded (15.7 kmpl) and the PUC figures don't looks like i'll get into trouble with the traffic cops and neither will i kill my fellow drivers.

Now i don know how will you guys react to this but i love the change and will advocate this to any one who wants instant kick at no charge (almost).

Looking forward to your views guys..
Old 29th January 2009, 18:38   #239
BHPian

Advice needed on MODS

As I had posted earlier, I've planned to do mods on my ZEN instead of selling it.

I would require approx costs that can be incurred for the following.

1) Wheels Upgrade – This is first in my list to move to alloys and better make tyres. Which ones would suit the best and what would be the cost? Will I ahve to re-claiberate the speedo?

2) Cold Air intake and Free flow exhaust (though with noise reducers as I don’t like loud vehicles). Need better power delivery, so any additional light mods can also be done. Approx cost pls.

3) Good seat covers- my ZEN doesn’t have any seat cover as yet

4) Better lights. Thinking about OSRAM nightbreakers. Anything else apart from HIDs and their costs pls

5) Fog Lamps. Will come handy in Bangalore and sometimes in hill stations as well.

6) Tacho -: I saw a few in the previous pages. What would be their cost now and which brand would do good?

An approx cost will help me decide which all can be done first and also I'll have to save up for the mods.
Old 29th January 2009, 19:02   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
I would require approx costs that can be incurred for the following.

1) Wheels Upgrade – This is first in my list to move to alloys and better make tyres. Which ones would suit the best and what would be the cost? Will I ahve to re-claiberate the speedo?

2) Cold Air intake and Free flow exhaust (though with noise reducers as I don’t like loud vehicles). Need better power delivery, so any additional light mods can also be done. Approx cost pls.

4) Better lights. Thinking about OSRAM nightbreakers. Anything else apart from HIDs and their costs pls

6) Tacho -: I saw a few in the previous pages. What would be their cost now and which brand would do good?
Some inputs on what I know!
1. You won't have to recalibrate the speedo if you are not up sizing. Tyres - Michelin XM1+. Approx Cost of 4 alloys - 10,500 to 14,000. No idea about the cost of tyres.
2. CAI will cost you around 6,000 or 7,000. FFE + Headers - another 10k approx.
4. Approximately 1,000. I got my 110/130 with relay for Rs. 800.
6. Tachos start at 2,500+ approx. I was quoted 2,500 for Auto Gauge and 3,500 for another model which I don't remember the name. Unfortunately, both of them did not work when connected and I ended up saving money!

Please do keep us updated on the mods.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks