Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 21:20   #151
BHPian

Maverick1977 yours is an mpfi max is 80 on 2nd gear. Carbed esteem can do 120 in 2nd.
Old 29th September 2008, 22:09   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
Hey i want to buy LED Tail Lamps for the zen, please advise me who / where i can get it from in india. dont mind soucring it from another city
thanks in advance..

Zeeshan
Contact Smokkin about the same he deals in LED lights he got one for my friends car

The Zen Modifications Thread-sp_a0251.jpg
Old 29th September 2008, 22:17   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
100 in 2nd. gear in a stock Zen

Is there anything left of your engine?

I sometimes push it to a max of 50/55 in second and even then feel guilty about it.

What's your secret?

SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
I 2nd Maverick1977, even for me its difficult to belive 100 in 2nd Gear. I am sure engine will surely scream.

guys ! I never had an intention to pull the pistons out of my car's engine through the bonnet to reach to 100 kmph in 3rd gear , i've got a 5" tacho and it reaches 3.5K rpm at max which i feel is normal , the stock zen dosen't have a tacho , and if you affix a tacho on a stock zen , i hope you will find that you are really brutal to your car when you say that you can reach 100 in second gear , please forgive me , but i don't really believe it , as you can see , most of the people reading this thread are shocked to hear this .
Old 29th September 2008, 22:21   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Contact Smokkin about the same he deals in LED lights he got one for my friends car

Attachment 54206
Looks awesome !!!!

How much will these cost ????
Old 29th September 2008, 22:25   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
"I really like it" I`m sure you do!!! What a mad car that must be! Uprated brakes too? cheers:
Thanks Buddy ! No upgrades in brakes as yet , but i'm in talks with a motorhead regarding brakes for my car , stage 2 clutch is also in talks , i hope to get them soon , as you can see i'm from muzaffarnagar in U.P. , which is just like a village for mods like these , even for very small mods i have to travel to New Delhi which is about 150 kms from my city.

happy driving
Old 30th September 2008, 01:08   #156
Senior - BHPian

I have a e Zen too and mine definitely does not do 100 on 2nd and I wont even try, its not required, the car shoots thru 100 as soon as you shift from 2nd to third.
Smoked a set of new pads in 3 months / 3000 kms driving, need to upgrade brakes soon.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:33   #157
BHPian

Hi All,

uploading some picks of my Zen, Its a 2000 carb LX version.
The car still looks the same. Have added a lot of goodies to the engine since these snaps were taken. Cheers.

The Zen Modifications Thread-1.jpg
The Zen Modifications Thread-2.jpg
The Zen Modifications Thread-3.jpg
The Zen Modifications Thread-4.jpg
The Zen Modifications Thread-5.jpg
The Zen Modifications Thread-6.jpg
Old 4th October 2008, 13:53   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post

Attachment 54206

Well i ve contacted Yatharth from performancezone in delhi and thats the same pic he sent me as well, he says he has more designs so ive asked him to show me, lets see what happens, he is asking for rs 4500 for the taillamps.
Old 4th October 2008, 16:24   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
Well i ve contacted Yatharth from performancezone in delhi and thats the same pic he sent me as well, he says he has more designs so ive asked him to show me, lets see what happens, he is asking for rs 4500 for the taillamps.
You better go through this thread before you start shopping :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post892497
Old 4th October 2008, 20:16   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
You better go through this thread before you start shopping :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post892497

Thanks, will go trough it.

@ vis-racing: hey i like the white dials you have, where can i get them for my zen?
Old 8th October 2008, 23:07   #161
BHPian

hi

Hi guys

I drive in the city at an average speed of 70kmph that’s 60kmph-80kmph
However the problem is if I hit a pot hole, the rims get bend I have got them straightened a couple of time but it keeps happening
I have seen a lot of Zens but their rims looks good (stock ones)
[Is it only my rims that have problems?

And can the stock esteem rims be fitted in Zen.

Btw I have a 2003 lxi model mpfi one.

Last edited by alias : 8th October 2008 at 23:08.
Old 9th October 2008, 02:00   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi guys

I drive in the city at an average speed of 70kmph that’s 60kmph-80kmph
However the problem is if I hit a pot hole, the rims get bend I have got them straightened a couple of time but it keeps happening
I have seen a lot of Zens but their rims looks good (stock ones)
[Is it only my rims that have problems?

And can the stock esteem rims be fitted in Zen.

Btw I have a 2003 lxi model mpfi one.
Yes, Stock Esteem Rims can fit in a zen. Also, I think, later zens did have esteem rims as standard.
Old 9th October 2008, 18:40   #163
BHPian

advise pls

Hi all,
I got my Zen a month ago it’s a second hand 2003lxi model well I am not a fan of Zen how ever I got this car as a replacement for my turbo baleno because my wife wanted it
She finds it easier to drive than the baleno.
Well now after driving it for a month now I am kind of inclining towards it.
It’s a nice little peppy car, cannot be compared to a turbo baleno however for city driving it’s an awesome car you can drive it just like a bike.
Well I am kind of happy with it however after driving a turbo baleno this car sure feels under powered.
I have seen a lot of people that have plonked a 1.3 esteem engine.
Well looking at the weight of the car I am sure it will be a lot powerful after the transplant.
I do have an esteem engine with me right now which came out of a 2004 esteem mpfi (friends car, he’s planning something for his car so the esteem was up for sale which I bought)Now I am sure just replacing the engine is not a good idea.
What I need help is to know what other parts need replacement apart from the engine is it possible to fix an mpfi engine in my Zen with the stock ecu or do I need a piggy back /stand alone.
Zen gurus pls advice if possible with prices.
Regards
Asif
Old 10th October 2008, 23:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-racing View Post
Hi All,

uploading some picks of my Zen, Its a 2000 carb LX version.
The car still looks the same. Have added a lot of goodies to the engine since these snaps were taken. Cheers.
Very sweetly kept car mate ! Nice One ! but tell me one thing , i can see that you went for black & white tone inside the car , but how did you manage to get white gauges ( speedo , temp and fuel gauges) ? i can see the needles too are white in colour , and yes your car's engine looks great in a 'White Head' .
Old 10th October 2008, 23:42   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi all,
I got my Zen a month ago it’s a second hand 2003lxi model well I am not a fan of Zen how ever I got this car as a replacement for my turbo baleno because my wife wanted it
She finds it easier to drive than the baleno.
Well now after driving it for a month now I am kind of inclining towards it.
It’s a nice little peppy car, cannot be compared to a turbo baleno however for city driving it’s an awesome car you can drive it just like a bike.
Well I am kind of happy with it however after driving a turbo baleno this car sure feels under powered.
I have seen a lot of people that have plonked a 1.3 esteem engine.
Well looking at the weight of the car I am sure it will be a lot powerful after the transplant.
I do have an esteem engine with me right now which came out of a 2004 esteem mpfi (friends car, he’s planning something for his car so the esteem was up for sale which I bought)Now I am sure just replacing the engine is not a good idea.
What I need help is to know what other parts need replacement apart from the engine is it possible to fix an mpfi engine in my Zen with the stock ecu or do I need a piggy back /stand alone.
Zen gurus pls advice if possible with prices.
Regards
Asif
Dear Friend ,

as you have written , your wife also drives your car , i would advise you to just change the engine first , you will feel a big change as soon as you change the engine , the car feels much more responsive afterwards , and your wife will also enjoy it , i feel going for more add ons will result your wife not liking it anymore , rest is up to you , and what more ? you can always add aftermarket parts to your engine.

happy driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks