Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 12:22   #136
BHPian

for door rattling get your doors greased completely, tighten all screws, if needed get new door pads, or maybe it can be that the glass rattles, so change the holder in which the door glass sits
Old 25th September 2008, 21:18   #137
Senior - BHPian

@ Modifiedsachin i suggests you don't paint the car and get some rubbing and polishing done to make it look much better
remove the chrome accessories get some wheels

my list for you

1) alloys and nice rubber 15K
2) art leather seat covers and misc. 7k max
3) remaining VIT m for body alignment etc

if scroll back few pics you will see my zen photos and get a picture what i am trying to say

manik
Old 26th September 2008, 09:47   #138
BHPian

Problem with leather covers (dont get cooled soon)

Hay thanks Manik,

I think I will try with a small touchups where ever required and then get the car rubbing & polishing, if after that I will se if a paint job is required or not.

Well when we say alloys & rubber do you mean new tyres?
But I already have new tyres just 2 months old (i.e. app 2K run till date, ya but they arent tubeless)

What I intended with all rubber parts is rubber gaskets, rubber biddings and other rubber parts which makes the body parts fit properly.
I want to klnow what might be the cost for this, as this is the part I am not able to estimate.

I too want to get leather seat covers but there is a hitch

I have leather seat covers in my friends Swift and have a big problem with it

When ever the car is standing out in sun or even in shade but on a hot day (which is the case almost 8 months in mumbai) the leather covers dont cool down and when the complete body is cooled from inside I still feel the warmth below and behind, which gives you a sweaty feeling even with full AC running continuous. It takes minimum 2 hours for them to cool down. And I hate that, keeps me irritated the hole ride.
Old 26th September 2008, 09:55   #139
BHPian

Glass rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
for door rattling get your doors greased completely, tighten all screws, if needed get new door pads, or maybe it can be that the glass rattles, so change the holder in which the door glass sits
Its very much possible that the glasses are causing the rattle.

This car has all rusted glass sliders, as the door holes - "the ones which are there at bottom of all doors to let inner water out" were blocked for two rainy seasons, I use to hear the water sound when ever I use to move the doors in rains, then when I saw carefully this time I cleaned all the muck stuck in and app. 1 liter water was out through each door. Then when I removed the skirts (the door cover from inside where inner handle fits, I hope this is what it is called) I saw all the glass slide parts completely rusted and the MSS has done a greesing job on it, so could see redish greese every where making it ok to move up and down. I will replace all of them, the next time I am going to my friends gaurage.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:05   #140
BHPian

Combi front indicators

Hay Manik,

I scrolled and saw something I was looking for many days. You have installed combination front indicators. Which has the turn indicator and fog lights.

Where in mumbai I can find it and whats the approximate cost of it.
Old 27th September 2008, 23:50   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Hay Manik,

I scrolled and saw something I was looking for many days. You have installed combination front indicators. Which has the turn indicator and fog lights.

Where in mumbai I can find it and whats the approximate cost of it.
yeah they are neolite N 755. im searching for these lights in chennai but no stock. it seems the supply was stopped 2 years ago but i see few zen's with these light .. can someone help me get these lights
Old 28th September 2008, 00:44   #142
BHPian

Hi

Hi !

My Zen has got an esteem's 1.3 L engine , a 4X2X1 magnaflow free flow exhaust , a K&N CAI , MSD ignition, NGK IX Iridium plugs , MSD 8.5 mm spark plug wire , 14" alloys ,

acceleration is really fast , got the esteem's gearbox , so it can reach 100 kmph in 3rd gear , i really like it .
Old 28th September 2008, 07:44   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
Its very much possible that the glasses are causing the rattle.

This car has all rusted glass sliders, as the door holes - "the ones which are there at bottom of all doors to let inner water out" were blocked for two rainy seasons, I use to hear the water sound when ever I use to move the doors in rains, then when I saw carefully this time I cleaned all the muck stuck in and app. 1 liter water was out through each door. Then when I removed the skirts (the door cover from inside where inner handle fits, I hope this is what it is called) I saw all the glass slide parts completely rusted and the MSS has done a greesing job on it, so could see redish greese every where making it ok to move up and down. I will replace all of them, the next time I am going to my friends gaurage.
I feel its better to open up ur door pads n get a painter to check for rust, m sure its already started coroding, 2 monsoons is a lot of water plus u've had water lying stagnant on the inside as well as rain water hitting ur door from the outside, making your patra's life even lesser. get it d whole car painted if u plan to use it for a long time.

@ sajid: hey i think your cars not tuned properly, My friends stock esteem used to go upto 120 in 2nd gear, besides u have a e-zen which should achive 100 easily in 2nd gear, where did you get the performance upgrade done from ?
Old 28th September 2008, 07:46   #144
BHPian

LED tail lamps for the zen

Hey i want to buy LED Tail Lamps for the zen, please advise me who / where i can get it from in india. dont mind soucring it from another city
thanks in advance..

Zeeshan
Old 28th September 2008, 12:21   #145
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post
Hi !

My Zen has got an esteem's 1.3 L engine , a 4X2X1 magnaflow free flow exhaust , a K&N CAI , MSD ignition, NGK IX Iridium plugs , MSD 8.5 mm spark plug wire , 14" alloys ,

acceleration is really fast , got the esteem's gearbox , so it can reach 100 kmph in 3rd gear , i really like it .
"I really like it" I`m sure you do!!! What a mad car that must be! Uprated brakes too? cheers:
Old 29th September 2008, 07:44   #146
c10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajid33 View Post

Hey sajid33, My Stock Zen does 100 in 2nd gear.. I suppose the Esteem Gear box should do even better..

Cheers,
Old 29th September 2008, 09:53   #147
BHPian

When we say we can reach such a high speed in low gears, wont it be putting extra load on engine? And wont it affect engine life & performance?
Old 29th September 2008, 13:15   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10 View Post
Hey sajid33, My Stock Zen does 100 in 2nd gear.. I suppose the Esteem Gear box should do even better..

Cheers,
100 in 2nd. gear in a stock Zen

Is there anything left of your engine?

I sometimes push it to a max of 50/55 in second and even then feel guilty about it.

What's your secret?

SS
Old 29th September 2008, 14:20   #149
BHPian

100 in 2nd gear is almost unbelievable. I have done 40 in 1st & 80 in 2nd, but my engine was really screaming its lungs out. I have never tried doing this again, but am quite sure that reaching 100 in a stock Zen will be really nerve racking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
100 in 2nd. gear in a stock Zen

Is there anything left of your engine?

I sometimes push it to a max of 50/55 in second and even then feel guilty about it.

What's your secret?

SS
Old 29th September 2008, 16:25   #150
BANNED

I 2nd Maverick1977, even for me its difficult to belive 100 in 2nd Gear. I am sure engine will surely scream.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks