Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 14:42   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm if it is indeed 500 BHP !!! (which I think is not possible in a 4 cyl engine IMHO) then what is the net price of the car ??? I will buy one if it comes in my budget !!!
Old 31st December 2008, 14:47   #242
BANNED

WOW, totally OT. I came in looking for Josepeter's post on his Bolero and stumbled on this.

500-300-280 bhp, HOLY MOTHER OF LORD. I drive a Bolero making 72bhp and a Classic making 62 bhp. Have driven more powerful cars but never drove one for more then a couple of hours.

Only once touched a speedo indicated 220 kmph on a M5 in Germany and that blew my pants off.

Whatever the claim the figures mentioned are insane.

Oh just so you know - the Bolero touches 100 kmph in 31 sec and the Classic dosent even get there

Sorry no Dyno charts for the above, if you guys are doubting my claim i am going to run over your 500 bhp rocket in my Bolero, when it is parked.

HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Cheers.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st December 2008 at 17:22. Reason: editing out the high part, happy new year to you too :)
Old 31st December 2008, 15:19   #243
Senior - BHPian

First you write an intelligent, logical post like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
As for these figures you have to believe what you are told. Peter asked if i would like to drive a '500bhp Octavia' not a 'I dont know how many bhpee Octavia'. So when I post a review I cannot say I drove an Octavia with more power than the original and get you to read the post, can I? It goes without saying that these figures are arrived at from what the tuner says. I didn't calculate power gains for each new component in the car and got the sum as 500. I never sweared that it was exactly 500 and pleaded you to believe me.

Anyone writing a review on any car will have to go by what the manufacturer/tuner has told him. You have seen it in magazines and no body cared to question.
Then you lose the logic, but still maintain the correct attitude

Quote:

All the reviews in team-bhp be it long term, initial ownership or the extreme 'ripped and tortured' variety, do mention only what was told to them. No one was seen asking for dyno charts at that time? Why just for this car? Just because you got me in your hands in this forum you thought you could run over me.
And then, you lose it all and are back to your obnoxious amusing self

Quote:
No one is interested any more???

ha ha I know why.
What are you really trying to do here?
Old 31st December 2008, 16:52   #244
Senior - BHPian

He's a classic forum troll.

@lbm : There are 1.8L cars which make 600BHP or more all over the web. These come with dyno graphs too. The cost he claims is car price + 14L in mods.
Old 31st December 2008, 19:04   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
I don't appreciate that.

Coming to Graph you posted on post # 226 there is lot of difference between car in question & posted Dyno graph of Car.

1) 1900 CC v/s 1800 CC
2) 8053 rev limit v/s 7000 rev limit
3) Boost Spike
4) Intake Air temperature. U.K v/s India (you will notice average intake air temperature during day time around 50-52 deg centegrate while driving & in nights it comes down to 40-45 deg here in mumbai.

AIR TEMEPERATURE PLAYS A MAJOR ROLE IN POWER O/P ESPECIALLY IN HIGH BOOST APPLICATION.

Go get real thing then we Talk.
That 1900 cc is because the engine has been re bored and is no longer 1800cc. I thought you would figure it out yourself

May be that temperature difference added to the questionable acceleration figures in ACI test.
Old 31st December 2008, 19:08   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That 1900 cc is because the engine has been re bored and is no longer 1800cc. I thought you would figure it out yourself

May be that temperature difference added to the questionable acceleration figures in ACI test.
Lol You outdid yourself mate! Was the 500 claimed BHP octavia rebored to 1900cc?
Old 31st December 2008, 19:16   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha.......genius!!!

What Rocam meant was that the engine was rebored to 1900cc and hence will be at an advantage over a 1800cc engine with the same mods.

Serously dude, do you even know anything about how IC engines work and how engine specifications affect power and torque output? Or did you think that any engine irrespective of its CC will produce the same power as long its made by the same manufacturer and has the exact same modifications done to it.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 31st December 2008 at 19:20.
Old 31st December 2008, 23:02   #248
Senior - BHPian

Guys.

I think we have had a fair healthy debate on this so far.
Now, can anyone find how the car is running with these mods in Bombay. I am sure some of the members know the owner very well.

Can we have some more details on the car from Pete's and anyone who can contribute about the mods done.

What would help is what were the challenges in getting these mods done apart from money. I am sure its not just a simple bolt on. Is the gearbox holding fine. Has the clutch ever being bust ever, etc. Please note this is not to highlight the problems faced in such a car and bashing the car but would server as generic guidelines for anyone who may be wanting to go big on the Octy 1.8
Old 31st December 2008, 23:44   #249
BHPian

6. No personal attacks on any member will be entertained. This includes any direct / indirect attempt at trolling. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment will be dealt with severely.

Doesn't this apply to this thread or Is it just me??
Old 1st January 2009, 00:02   #250
BHPian

One question.. Isnt this the intercooler?
Attached Thumbnails
Pete's 500bhp Octavia RS !!!!-inter.jpg  

Pete's 500bhp Octavia RS !!!!-inter2.jpg  

Old 1st January 2009, 00:11   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Was that a joke? Are you aware that change in intake air temperature that too a drastic one as compared, will change the Target AF/R greatly in a high boosted engine.

Quote:
1) Can you find out how much was stock bore size in m.m & how much they bored out to get 1900CC?
2) What static C.R this engine is running?
3) Is block Open Deck or Closed Deck?
Old 1st January 2009, 00:36   #252
Senior - BHPian

Hmm 500 BHP does sound good.

but when ever i hear of some thing of this sort. i remember one of my dreams that i was on my 15 year old RX 100 and i was crossing a RED sports car i am sure you all know what RED famous car i am talking about.

So i am sure i can beat your car with my RX 100. hehehe

no offence ment but i am looking to get a petes box for the Swift VDI
Old 1st January 2009, 11:15   #253
BHPian

Guys lets cut some slack for vivek. We are talking about possbily one of the most powerful skoda's in india even if it not a 500 Bhp monster. The poor guy has just quoted what he has heard , and he too is probably not really sure right now if it is 500 bhp as he has mentioned earlier, and am sure would want to take a look at dyno sheets himself more than anyone else.

But guys lets leave it at that and please stop this mud slinging and personal attacks. Let us forget, forgive and let go of things in the name of true T-Bhp spirit. Agreed most questions asked here a technical ones, but somehow the tone being used in the postings reeks of accusations, harshness and out right arrogance.

Vivek you might want to take a chill pill with what you post, I feel most of the guys here are after you, not for your claims but the way you are putting things across. Rest of you guys be nice to this guy and give him some credit for being to eager to share his experience with us.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 1st January 2009 at 11:16.
Old 1st January 2009, 12:26   #254
Senior - BHPian

The project car section of Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited mentions this 500bhp octy. So it is an official figure being advertised by Peter.
I'm curious - @vivekji, wasn't there any discussions around possible/approx 0-100, 0-200 timings when you drove the car? I mean, I'd presume it would be one of the most natural questions to ask the tuner.
Old 1st January 2009, 18:36   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
ok let me ask a question...lets say we dyno this car and we find out that its not actually 500 bhp, lets say its more like 350 bhp, what then??
What then? Little else than our doubts being re-confirmed this this car does NOT make 500 horses.

Quote:
lets just accept the fact that here's a potential car which for around 20L+ (7L for used vRS + 14L for the mods done) can outperform cars of double and even triple times more cost.
Sure, but don't make it sound like the last word in modified performance below 20 lakhs. In a 0 - 60, 0 - 100 or maybe even a 0 - 150, Vipers mega-OHC would probably leave this car for dead. Reason? It has a dyno'ed 275 true horses, the OHC is much lighter and (from what I hear) doesn't suffer from the massive turbolag of this car either. Thus, for sheer bang for the buck, his modded OHC is king. For far less money than 20 big ones.

Look, all of us agree that this RS is quick and it is a fantastic modifying effort. So if you have any apprehensions about us being biased, best for you guys to leave it right here. The only thing we have a problem with is the wild "500 BHP" unsubstantiated claim. Sans this loosely used 500 number, all of us would probably be drooling over the car (as we have in several other modded threads). If anything, this has cause Petes negative publicity. I mean, I can't really walk in here, open a thread for my diesel Jeep and claim its running 300 BHP right?

And its not like one of the largest custom-parts supplier from India doesn't have access to a dyno. The car is in Mumbai and a dyno is but a stones throw away!! If, as a businessman, you have to make a LOUD (seemingly exaggerated) claim....better have it backed up with hard-core (indisputable) proof.

Last edited by GTO - Touring : 1st January 2009 at 18:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks