Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 16:36   #181
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
All of you who cannot probably afford to have something like this would say it is utterly useless.
C'mon man! That is such an immature comment. There are many amongst us who can afford such a car and still think it is useless. Look up discussions on this forum where many (yours truly included) have posted that anything over 200 - 250 BHP on a FWD is...well....not to our liking.

Quote:
If you critics saw this report in Autocar india first, you probably wouldn't open your mouth.
Huh? Who is Autocar?

Don't for a moment think that we believe any publication blindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Just to put things in perspective, a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 comes with a 2.4 litre engine running about 1 bar from the factory, and 215 fwhp. It is also front-engined, front-wheel drive, and runs 225/45 R16 front street tyres. It does 200 kmph or 120 mph in 19.96 seconds.
There you go!

Quote:
Someone in team-bhp gave you the review three months ago and instead of showing a little appreciation for the effort, you throw up a fight
Let me assure you that we do appreciate this test report. The only thing that we have a problem with is the "500 BHP" claim which, IMHO, is rubbish. Either ways, this RS is still a heck of a quick RS.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:03   #182
BHPian

At the moment I do not have access to the dyno chart of this car.

But for those non-believers, I would post the dyno graph of another Octavia 1.8T.

What say now?
Attached Thumbnails
Pete's 500bhp Octavia RS !!!!-jbs-gt35-turbo-kit.jpg  

Old 30th December 2008, 18:09   #183
Senior - BHPian

Post the dyno report of the car in question. Not some dyno report from the web.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:17   #184
BHPian

I told you I do not have it with me.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:27   #185
BHPian

Vivekji we believe that it's possible, I personally have seen 1.6 motors push more that 500bhp at wheels, they're crappy, but that's another thing altogether.

I would like to respond to 2 statements made here, as they irked me some.

1) Please don't talk about this car in the same sentence as a supercar. Leave supercars, a person buying even an M3 or C63 AMG if offered this octy, even if brand new, modded, and hauling over 500bhp at it's wheels for 1/4 the price, that person wouldnt reconsider! People don't buy supercars just to go fast or to show off dyno charts! Remember no matter how fast this car is it will always remain an octy!

2) About the 14 Lakhs spent. Please don't even for a second think that there aren't people on BHP who could blow that on their car in a heartbeat. But thankfully all of us have common sense. It's never nice to make a matter cheap by bringing money into it.

I'd like to state once more that if this thing really dynos in at 500bhp, it must be one of the worst executed mods ever! However considering Peter's reputation, the car is probably done up really well, pulls like hell and is exactly what the owner wants. However please don't bring an utterly arbitrary figure into the picture.

Please do tell who told you that this car puts out exactly 500bhp?
Old 30th December 2008, 18:41   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the moment I do not have access to the dyno chart of this car.

But for those non-believers, I would post the dyno graph of another Octavia 1.8T.

What say now?
Dude i can show you so many dyno charts of Hondas pulling in excess of 500bhp, this doesn't make my Honda do the same.

After what you've just tried to do, i dont think even the people who might have wanted to believe your claims will stand by you.

I just noticed your signature which says "I prefer not to speak until I'm in a position of being heard!".

You're doing just the opposite, trying to speak when your not in a position to be heard.

Shan2nu
Old 30th December 2008, 18:42   #187
BHPian

Where did I tell this car makes exactly 500.00 bhp? The figure of 500bhp was quoted to me by the tuner and I think i can believe him. I haven't seen anyone questioning car manufacturers for the exact bhp figures of the cars they buy, why not?

The remap and the mods under the hood of this car are similar to those done by Custom Coding of UK. Their car was dynoed and they probably arrived at the 500bhp figure and christened it RS 500.

And I never said it is a supercar, did I? No one will see it as an alternative to a purpose built supercar or buy it instead of an M3. But what is wrong when the owner, who probably could fork out Rs 14lakhs, thought his existing car could do with more power? I don't think he did all these to save money on buying a supercar.

Someone here is reading unwritten pages of another man's book.
Old 30th December 2008, 18:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Dude i can show you so many dyno charts of Hondas pulling in excess of 500bhp, this doesn't make my Honda do the same.

After what you've just tried to do, i dont think even the people who might have wanted to believe your claims will stand by you.

I just noticed your signature which says "I prefer not to speak until I'm in a position of being heard!".

You're doing just the opposite, trying to speak when your not in a position to be heard.

Shan2nu
Well, I 'prefer' it that way but things do not always go as per your liking.

You are not seriously suggesting I should get it dynoed myself just to give you some relief, are you?

How much power does your VTEC make, by the way?

Last edited by vivekji05 : 30th December 2008 at 18:54.
Old 30th December 2008, 19:01   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are seriously suggesting I should get it dynoed myself just to give you some relief, are you?
I dont care who gets it dynoed, we just wanna know if the car actually produces the claimed bhp figs, coz its performance is not even close to 500bhp.

Atleast when Honda says an OHC VTEC has 106bhp, it does 0-100 in 9.9secs, which is on par with what a 106bhp fwd car should do.

If a VTEC was to do 0-100 in 15-16secs, everybody would have questioned it's bhp figs.

Shan2nu
Old 30th December 2008, 19:30   #190
BHPian

That is just a test vehicle that makes 106bhp. Yours must be different. Should have asked for its dyno graph at the time of buying though.
Old 30th December 2008, 19:59   #191
Senior - BHPian

Now you're just being argumentative. The proof is in the pudding buddy. And we're plenty hungry right now and could use some pudding.
Old 30th December 2008, 20:03   #192
Senior - BHPian

Me and car salesman in india:

me: " sire, can I have a dyno graph of the vehicle that I am about to purchase?"

Salesman: " Sir, what is dyno graph no vehicles are sold with dyno graph"

me: " what!!! this vehicle has not been dynoed???"

Salesman: " no sir it comes with alternator no dynamo"

Since then vivek, I stopped asking for dyno graphs
Old 30th December 2008, 20:17   #193
BHPian

He he he.

Hereafter all reviews in team-bhp should carry dyno graphs and Vbox measurements to verify any claims of performance.

@ImmortalZ
I'm being argumentative? What about the rest?

There is a Chinese proverb which says something like this. You try to wrestle with a pig and after getting yourself bathed in mud, you realize that the pig was actually enjoying it.

Someone here was saying 'its performance is not even close to 500bhp. ' That conclusion was probably arrived at by looking at the acceleration figures done by AUTOCAR. Which could be accurate if the ACI test driver was someone who was driving Turbo F1 cars in his past life.

Alright, how much bhp do you think that this Octavia makes?

Last edited by vivekji05 : 30th December 2008 at 20:18.
Old 30th December 2008, 20:18   #194
Senior - BHPian

Even if the guy who tests it is a complete imbecile, the 0-100 timings will be within ~1-1.5sec of what can be achieved and so do the 0-200 times. There's no way the same car can do 0-200 in say ~13sec instead of 20sec no matter how good the driver.

^^Looking at those figures posted, I'd say anything between 200-250 fwhp and at max 300bhp at the crank.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 30th December 2008 at 20:20.
Old 30th December 2008, 20:22   #195
BHPian

Ok that is your guess. Let others join as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks