Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 22:44   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
When questioned about the bhp figs, heres what he said in post #4.

"Peter did this for a customer in Mumbai. You read it right, it's 500bhp and not 200..

"

He never said that the tuner claims it is 500bhp and we would have to wait for the dyno result to confirm it. He was dead sure it was 500. This is what started it all.
If we start splitting hairs we could go on forever. I dont intend to, therefore let everyone believe what he or she wants to.
Old 30th December 2008, 22:46   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt car is even close to 500 hp, having said that its just not right to simply corner a fellow bhpian and put him in a tight spot for no fault of his. Posts are becoming repetitive, argumentative and meaningless. Lets not spoil the spirit of this forum and practice restraint.
No fault of his???

Read post 139, after more than 1 1/2 months of no arguements, he hits back saying that Pythagoras, Herodotus, Plato and Aristotle had had to face a lot of arguements and how everybody was wrong back then.

When i first read this, i thought ok atleast maybe now he has dyno figs to support the 500bhp claim but no, he posts a set of acceleration figs youd see a 300-320bhp car outperform.

All this was uncalled for.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 30th December 2008 at 22:48.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:03   #213
BHPian

Peace my fellow BHPians is the word. Its a nice car, made better after the mods. 500 or NOT, doesn't matter that much. We all agree that it is 'probably' short of that number. However, I dont think it is right by any means to criticize any further. Lets just look forward to the New year instead and have fun in alternate ways
By the way, Happy New Year my enlightened buddies. I am privileged to be a part of this form and thank you guys for everything that I gain from this partnership.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:23   #214
BHPian

This thread is now utter trash, the car is in all probability great to drive etc, but the person who has posted here seems to have no regard for courtesy whatsoever...

Sure criticism has come in from all corners, but that doesn't mean that when pushed to a corner one lashes out demeaning others, posting lude statements about finances or questioning ability...

Vivekji I doubt you've ever sat in a real supercar or some factory tuned beast, which is why I'm going to forgive all this talk about power and the car in question...

I vote for this thread to be closed and trashed as it's not leading anywhere but to more arguments and soon it'll probably get very personal...[Shan2nu seems to have formed a symbiosis with this thread, it's now part of him ]

cheers:

Last edited by DocG : 30th December 2008 at 23:25.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:24   #215
BHPian

Hi,

I have been following this thread from a while. What you have said is part correct, but the gentlemen who is hell bent to prove that this 280-300 bhp car is 500bhp here needs to understand his audience before talking about something.

People here are not some local off the mill guys who would see a R1 with a pulsar engine in it and beleive it to be a R1 or for whom the only superbike in the world is the R1!!

This gentelmen thinks we are criticising this car only because we can't afford it!!! This by far is the most IMMATURE and CRAPPY comment I have come across on Team Bhp in almost 2yrs that I have been in this forum.

Cutting this short, I would like to say. Mr Vivekji, there are people on this forum who own cars twice as more expensive than this RS 500!! hec, my neighbour owns a Mercedes S class but doesnt know what ABS is! for him ABS is the plastic that suitcases are made off!! Which is also true! But it has got nothing to do with the ABS on the cars or does it!!

So if this guy has spent a bomb on this car and his tuner says its a 500bhp! Plus you argue and try to prove your point that it is 500 bhp with vbox figures which look good for a 280-300bhp car! Makes the both of you at par with someone like my neighbour. ( REALLY SORRY TO SAY THIS, But you called for it.)

Heights!! dude!! posting some dyno figure off the web and claiming this build to be the same as that!! Sheer kid stuff!!Grow up man!

Just cuz someone said, its 500 bhp! it doesn't become one and please remember, you might be able to post and get away with farce stuff like this on some other forum, but when you mention something on TBhp, please get your facts right!

Peace
Shrey

PS: Wishing you all a very happy and a prosperous new year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Peace my fellow BHPians is the word. Its a nice car, made better after the mods. 500 or NOT, doesn't matter that much. We all agree that it is 'probably' short of that number. However, I dont think it is right by any means to criticize any further. Lets just look forward to the New year instead and have fun in alternate ways
By the way, Happy New Year my enlightened buddies. I am privileged to be a part of this form and thank you guys for everything that I gain from this partnership.

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 30th December 2008 at 23:36.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:29   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're prob right, everyone here believes it is nowhere close to 500bhp so lets just leave it at that.

Hope vivek can revive this thread in another 1 1/2 months time with some actual facts.

It would be great to see this car put out 500bhp, although not a very practical mod, it would still command a lot of respect from all of us.

Good luck to peter.....

......and oh yeah, hope all of you have a fantastic new years eve.

Shan2nu
Old 30th December 2008, 23:54   #217
Senior - BHPian

vivekji

Some people get to drive cars.

Some people read a lot on the net.

I think you need to do more of the latter and less of the former. You'll probably be better off quoting stuff than actually driving these things around.

Happy New Year!
Old 31st December 2008, 00:40   #218
Senior - BHPian

Vivek,

It is clearly evident from your latest post (bit immature in my opinion) that you were hurt by the inital discussions where you were criticized unnecessarily (unwanted and immature), even on many personal attributes which were outside the scope of the test drive report. Please do not take it seriously as this is a large community with different knowledge, beliefs, attitude etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
vivekji

Some people get to drive cars.

Some people read a lot on the net.

I think you need to do more of the latter and less of the former. You'll probably be better off quoting stuff than actually driving these things around.

Happy New Year!
I think you would be better off responding to queries where you have an answer or supporting facts available with you. Otherwise put a disclaimer. You can use the saved time to share another test drive report.

Happy New Year!!

Last edited by PatienceWins : 31st December 2008 at 00:44.
Old 31st December 2008, 01:41   #219
Team-BHP Support

Umm vivek, the tuner said its 500bhp, so its 500bhp. Tomorrow he will say 5000bhp, it will be 500 bhp. You trust your tuner. Thats a wonderful feeling. But please don't ask others to trust your tuner, we don't know him, so can't trust him. We will believe your claims, when there is a dyno graph, till then its fairy tale!
Old 31st December 2008, 02:07   #220
BANNED

Wow! This is still going on??
Guys, excellent show. Had a lot of entertainment reading again.
Keep it up.

But on 2nd thoughts, are we not happy that a Bhpian got the opportunity to test drive this car before any of the so called auto magazines got to do so?
I'm happy and I'm sure many here would be happy too. Rest, there'll be many jealous faces who burns on each and every occassion. They're better ignored and that's what we need to do now to have some sanity and respect in this thread.

Let's all hope for the best in 2009!
Old 31st December 2008, 03:12   #221
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Cmon man, you think we have trouble believing a 1.8 ltr turbo engine can't do 500bhp? There are so many out there with dyno results.

But we definately have trouble believing that this particular car has 500bhp. Infact the doubt has increased even more after looking at the acc figures.

"Peter did this for a customer in Mumbai. You read it right, it's 500bhp and not 200..

"

He never said that the tuner claims it is 500bhp and we would have to wait for the dyno result to confirm it. He was dead sure it was 500. This is what started it all.

The acceleration figs came from a Vbox when Autocar reviewed this car. I can understand a slight diff in 0-100 as it requires the driver to be very precise when launching. But for a 100-200 run, you dont really need to be a professional driver, at the most you might lose a few tenths while shifting.

But this car is off by atleast 5-6 secs.

There are so many tuned cars on this forum that are very quick, you dont find them mentioning bhp figures unless it has ben tested on a dyno.

Shan2nu
This is pretty much right on^^.

It comes down to this:

Is this car faster now then it was stock, Yes.

Is it a very fast car, No.

Does it have the potential to be a 500hp car, Yes.

But is this car 500(or even near it), No.

What is the probable HP of this car? 250whp.

The facts(times) do not lie and are relatively easy to extrapolate from. The facts were posted by the OP. That should be the end of it.
Old 31st December 2008, 07:11   #222
BHPian

Quote:

"

Shan2nu
Come on, read the post before it. The person was expressing his doubts as if it was a typo error and I thought i would show him the way...so i said what he read was correct.

As for these figures you have to believe what you are told. Peter asked if i would like to drive a '500bhp Octavia' not a 'I dont know how many bhpee Octavia'. So when I post a review I cannot say I drove an Octavia with more power than the original and get you to read the post, can I? It goes without saying that these figures are arrived at from what the tuner says. I didn't calculate power gains for each new component in the car and got the sum as 500. I never sweared that it was exactly 500 and pleaded you to believe me.

Anyone writing a review on any car will have to go by what the manufacturer/tuner has told him. You have seen it in magazines and no body cared to question. All the reviews in team-bhp be it long term, initial ownership or the extreme 'ripped and tortured' variety, do mention only what was told to them. No one was seen asking for dyno charts at that time? Why just for this car? Just because you got me in your hands in this forum you thought you could run over me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi,

I have been following this thread from a while. What you have said is part correct, but the gentlemen who is hell bent to prove that this 280-300 bhp car is 500bhp here needs to understand his audience before talking about something.

This gentelmen thinks we are criticising this car only because we can't afford it!!! This by far is the most IMMATURE and CRAPPY comment I have come across on Team Bhp in almost 2yrs that I have been in this forum.

Shrey
I think i have answered your first question. It is the figure I was quoted. The figure I was made to believe. In the same way some one here claims his VTEC makes exactly 106bhp. His only proof was some other VTEC that acclerated from 0-100kmph in 9.9 seconds.

I didn't mean to bring the question of affordability here. Don't get me wrong in there. I intended it at those people who deliberately put up a fight calling it 'useless'. I would agree that it is pointless to spend 20L if all that one needs is a really fast car. The Octavia despite all the mods is not pretty good at putting all that power down. Useless as a fast car, probably. But what if you wanted to make your existing car faster? Then doesn't it make some sense?

Last edited by vivekji05 : 31st December 2008 at 07:15.
Old 31st December 2008, 08:06   #223
HPP
BHPian

I never call any amount of money spent on what you love a waste or useless. It is up to the individual if they feel it's worth it or not. This car is nice and seems to be put together well. There is nothing wrong with what you feel about the car, it's just the performance numbers do not add up and are fairly easily disputed. If there was never a number quoted by you or Pete, this car would have been applauded I'm sure. That is and was the only real mistake.

And btw, here in the US. Any time a new car comes out, one of the first things you'll see posted on car forums is a dyno sheet from someone who just bought the car and had it dynoed to see what it "actually" makes. Why? Because in the recent history and in the past, manufacturers claims have been either proven or disproved with dyno sheets.
Old 31st December 2008, 08:50   #224
BHPian

Hi Vivekji,

Allright man no sweat! But just to clarify on the 106bhp thing.

See there is a difference when a Manufacturer,be it anyone, Honda, Skoda Suzuki or whatever, claims that their product is XYZbhp. In general all of us beleive that and their cars do perform like the mentioned bhp.

I agree with you that it might not be 106bhp to the decimal, but you will expect a 106 bhp car to do a 0-100 in arnd the 9-10 sec bracket.

On the other hand if this manufacturer claimed 106 bhp car did a 0-100 in say 19 secs, you would have called the manufacturer a fool and never would have admitted that the so called car is anywhere close to 106bhp.

IMO this is exactly what some of the members here are trying to make you understand. That no matter what the car is,a FWD, AWD or a RWD, if the car is 500bhp it should be doing certain things in a certain time frame, which includes the transmission losses and traction issues.

In the end, I am sure that you understand the difference between Manufacturer claims and so called Tuner Claims.

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post

I think i have answered your first question. It is the figure I was quoted. The figure I was made to believe. In the same way some one here claims his VTEC makes exactly 106bhp. His only proof was some other VTEC that acclerated from 0-100kmph in 9.9 seconds.

I didn't mean to bring the question of affordability here. Don't get me wrong in there. I intended it at those people who deliberately put up a fight calling it 'useless'. I would agree that it is pointless to spend 20L if all that one needs is a really fast car. The Octavia despite all the mods is not pretty good at putting all that power down. Useless as a fast car, probably. But what if you wanted to make your existing car faster? Then doesn't it make some sense?
Old 31st December 2008, 09:04   #225
Senior - BHPian

Its like Pakistan's PM/President saying we are innocent, we dont promote terrorism etc
Who is believing?

We have someone who said he can offer free dyno. Get it done from him or since the car is in Mumbai (right?), it should have access to another dyno guy.

Hope Autocar or so dont print, guys it was a typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks