Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 23:24   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
And this is my last post on this thread. I just felt the credit should go to JBS guy. I have nothing to gain or loose. now cool it guys

Yes, in that fashion, when Michael Schumacher wins a race, the credit should go to Adam and Eve!!
I really dont get what is happening in this thread, its highly annoying to see senior members posting in standards that would be suitable for kids, and street urchins at that!! Get a life guys.

A person has written his impressions on the car, in a manner which a common man can understand, and not some post filled with words 99% of the population will never hear during their lifetime!!

Yes, the actual BHP debate is acceptable, but blaming ones writing style etc Imho is just not acceptable. If u don't like what someone is writing, shut up and get out-Remember, even u are not perfect.

Old 1st November 2008, 03:40   #122
Senior - BHPian

Nice car. Have had the privilege of driving a couple of RSs north of 200 whp, but this thing must be on a different level altogether. Why not import the AWD kit for it? There are bolt-on versions, some from VW itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
For 14 lks over skoda rs, I buy a 350z is my stand again. We do have intellectual laws in india from late 2000.
You get 350Zs for 20-22 lakhs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
+1 to that. Except that other (so called) tuners he has mentioned, one of them does it with JDM engines, and do the mechanical parts imported, other a great driver in indian rally history. In defence of petes, he is a business man (a good one at it), get the press (hey, its a democratic country). Atleast he is selling quality products that are imported. unlike some other tuners who source turbos from Gujili and sells to unsuspecting kids.
Lol.
Old 1st November 2008, 13:55   #123
HPP
BHPian

To answer some basic questions I saw while reading this long thread. If you look close(you can see it in the open hood pic), there is a FMIC(front mount intercooler). Some asked if you can run a stock tranny with an upgraded clutch and that is enough.. Yes, that is enough on most cars. But you can't expect that tranny to live forever..

Some comments, the install looks pretty clean overall. And from what I can tell, the part selection looks pretty good(although for India's heat, I'd personally go with a larger intercooler). I like the project overall.

But I do have a couple questions, first, what are the specs of the turbo? Size? I do not believe the gt 28 or 30 as someone mentioned, that is too small for these HP claims(it would have to be larger.. so what did they use?). I'd like to know what they crammed back there(there isn't that much space).

Next, 26psi in India? On what gas? That is race gas/methanol injection/E85 territory. So not sure how that would work in India with "pump gas" over there without blowing up. You can pull extreme amounts of timing, but that is counter productive.

I've made hundreds(of not thousands) of pulls on 1.8T's, I'd like to see a graph of the whp/wtq and the air fuel ratios and a boost curve. Every single 1.8T I've ever dyno'd with countless tunes from the various chip tuners have sucked. The tunes are horrible, they need to be tuned on an individual basis just like every other modded car on earth. From my experience, there are fairly few(relatively) 1.8T's making this kind of power, I'd have to see a dyno chart to accept the claims. That is nothing against the builder/tuner/Euro shop etc.. Just based on my experience with the 1.8T.
Old 1st November 2008, 17:42   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
next, 26psi in India? On what gas? That is race gas/methanol injection/E85 territory. So not sure how that would work in India with "pump gas" over there without blowing up. You can pull extreme amounts of timing, but that is counter productive.
That's what even i was wondering & have been asking regarding fuel used in the tune. I dont think they have tuned the car here, hence 26 Psi if they are running, the MAP is tuned in U.K's climatic condition & by using fuel available there.

There is one more aspect to the build, when an engine is rebuild for this kind of H.P level, The amount of Bearing clearance required, especially Rods & Mains, one needs to consider one more factor & that is environmental conditions. The clearance will vary if the car is meant for cold climatic regions like u.K/europe v/s Hot region in asian subcontinent.
Thus if engine is rebuild as per U.K climatic conditions and clearance specs as per cars with similar power currently running in U.K & you run that car with 26 psi of boost in hot climatic conditions using indian fuel which was not used in original tune. You Know........Its like a time bomb ticking.

So 500 bhp is too far from real imo.
Old 1st November 2008, 17:49   #125
BANNED

Can't we just assume that the 500 bhp is just the claimed/assumed figure?
If somebody (owner/peter) is interested in proving that, let's wait for that. What say?
Old 1st November 2008, 19:03   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
When I said 'people', I meant the rest of the team-bhpians too, not just the ones like you who are 'into' the business and know things before they happen and still argue on that.

For a better tomorrow, I'm out of this too.
Dear Vivek, Congrats for sharing the experience & a good writeup.

Dont bother, People will pull leg when you do something out of box.I personally believe it is possible to generate 500BHP out of 1.8 ltr 4 pots.

No body here is the approving authority, so you dont need to put up dyno test figures. You created something shared it, as simple as that. Ones who want to appritiate will still appritiate the effort.

My congratulations to you.

Somebody has written "500BHP from FWD is impossible", I guess you dont need to explain that BHP is output at crankshaft & has nothing to do with FWD or RWD or AWD.producing power is different story & distributing it to wheels is different.

My question to you is what have you considered after engine Mod to handle that power by an ordinary Octavia. Especially with critical components like:

1. Brakes (you told that you have upgraded)
2. suspension ( you have upgraded)
3. Chassis mods? can octavia chassis handle that spirited power delievery?
4. Steering mods?

Please share to update us.
Old 1st November 2008, 19:46   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunforu1 View Post

Somebody has written "500BHP from FWD is impossible", I guess you dont need to explain that BHP is output at crankshaft & has nothing to do with FWD or RWD or AWD.producing power is different story & distributing it to wheels is different.

Please share to update us.

well done doctor... what i was trying to say is that it is impossible to deliver the power and car would be dangerous and unusable
Old 1st November 2008, 20:03   #128
Senior - BHPian

One more from my side :

Is this RS a 500BHP car or a car has a 500HP engine (there is a difference right). It can not be claimed/called as 500BHP with out dyno testing / testing on a brake drum(thats how the B is included) it.

PS: are the mechanical loses(in the dyno machine) taken into account while testing for BHP? I guess by dyno it means power at the wheels. Is it possible to brake test at the crank(is done at all)??

PPS: HPP can you add some thing here??

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st November 2008 at 20:11.
Old 1st November 2008, 21:34   #129
Senior - BHPian

Wonderfull write up and it took almost 40 min for me to read it in full.Nice experience for having driven this machine.Vivek lets take the discussion further on the topic.can you get more details regarding the specs and other details?I enjoyed every bit of it buddie.

ram
Old 2nd November 2008, 01:31   #130
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
One more from my side :

Is this RS a 500BHP car or a car has a 500HP engine (there is a difference right). It can not be claimed/called as 500BHP with out dyno testing / testing on a brake drum(thats how the B is included) it.

PS: are the mechanical loses(in the dyno machine) taken into account while testing for BHP? I guess by dyno it means power at the wheels. Is it possible to brake test at the crank(is done at all)??

PPS: HPP can you add some thing here??
My guess is the 500hp number came from the Euro tuner directly. Thats how the kit is marketed and sold I'd imagine. It's fairly common to sell kits with a HP rating rather then WHP because it makes the kit more desirable looking. However those numbers are generally what a kit is "capable" of making as every car is different and the kit will make different amounts of power on different cars for soo many reasons.

BHP and HP at the engine are pretty much the same thing. BHP is rarely used here in the US. Most of the time people either quote "whp"(HP to the wheels), or HP(which just means they are feeling insecure about their WHP numbers and want to inflate the numbers by multiplying by 13% or so.. whatever they believe is their drivetrain loss). Otherwise those who have actually engine dyno'd their motors will be sure to tell you their numbers are from and engine dyno(meaning crank HP/BHP or whatever).

Here is a pretty good break down of the different classifications of HP(scroll down for them) (kkr2k2, BHP/Brake Horsepower is made more clear within the link):

Horsepower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My honest guess from the very limited information in this thread would be this car would dyno low 300's to the wheel(In India on Indian gas). If this car is ever chassis dyno'd we will know for sure.
Old 2nd November 2008, 19:36   #131
BHPian

very Impressive, Engine bay talks about the neat job. Amazing.

Mouth watering Torque....

0 - 100 KMPH in 5 seconds?

Thats irresistible, and addictive though.

Last edited by naveen.kk : 2nd November 2008 at 19:40. Reason: Missed out a point
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:16   #132
BHPian

Hi Vivek,

Congrats for the new ride.

I arrived late for this thread. I have few questions:

1). How old was your car?
2). What was the ODO reading before going for the MOD?
3). How much did it cost you for the MODs?
4). Did you find any issues due to the MODs?
5). What should be the service intervals?
6). Due to the MODs what additional care should be taken during the service?
7). Assume if I have this dream ride, can I give the car to any Skoda service center?
8). Any specific care was mentioned by Peter during delivery?

Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2008, 20:51   #133
BHPian

@Swifty, please do read through the thread.

It is not vivekji's ride. He just had the chance to take a ride in it.
The cost has also been mentioned in the earlier posts.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:09   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
@Swifty, please do read through the thread.

It is not vivekji's ride. He just had the chance to take a ride in it.
The cost has also been mentioned in the earlier posts.
Hi Srijit,

Thanks for the info. The details are spread in 133 pages. I was a bit eager to get into the details and couldn't hold myself to reading all the pages. I visited the first few posts to get the initial details.

So I have reframed my questions:

1). How old was the car?
2). What was the ODO reading before going for the MOD?
3). How much was the costs for the MODs? 14lacs
4). any issues due to the MODs? NA
5). What should be the service intervals?
6). Due to the MODs what additional care should be taken during the service?
7). Assume if I have this dream ride, can I give the car to any Skoda service center?
8). Any specific post-delivery care?
9). Does the MODs come with warranty?
10). Since Peter is based in Kochin, for outstation customers how is the deal is worked out?
11). Are these MODs specific to Skoda vehicles only?
Old 4th November 2008, 12:29   #135
Senior - BHPian

Swifty2008 - I think I can answer some of your queries.

Don't know about this monster but I get my car serviced at the regular Skoda dealer. Service intervals are the same.
All services from Pete's have warranties and amazing after sales support is a given.
For outstation jobs, you can contact respective dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks