Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 09:36   #226
BHPian

Here is the dyno graph of a similarly done Octavia sent by CC. Now don't ask for dyno sheet of the same car. The mods are almost the same and the power output must be similar if not slightly more.

Pete's 500bhp Octavia RS !!!!-ihi-stage-3.jpg

The difference is that this one doesn't have a Custom made intake as the car under question, I was told.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:25   #227
Senior - BHPian

Whats the point man.don't spend any energy here.its simple.everybody here is hell bent on proving you wrong.so be it.is it affecting your health?so why bother?

People here can believe certain tbhpians that a car with an air intake or a K&N sticker can produce 20bhp more.then why bother?

A lot of tbhpians here are testament of pete's products.They have proved that pete's stuff works.And i believe that Peter isn't a tuner who'd put his reputation on stake by putting out false numbers.So i believe him.

its a personal choice here.If most members here don't want to believe it then so be it.

Ok i'll join the non believers-I believe that even a dyno can be rigged.so maybe to defame another tuner,the dyno is rigged so that it doesn't produce respectable numbers.

This has happened in the past and can happen again.Its just that people here don't want to talk about it because they might loose the goodwill of some tuners.

A lot of tuned cars reported here are lauded when they are built but no one talks when they blow up their engines within weeks of the install.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:45   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the dyno graph of a similarly done Octavia sent by CC. Now don't ask for dyno sheet of the same car. The mods are almost the same and the power output must be similar if not slightly more.
Just let it be dude, nobody here is interested anymore. When the owner or the tuner are not bothered, why are you repeatedly posting dyno figs that dont even belong to this car.

Until the car is dyno tested, let us not asume any bhp figure at all. This way there wont be anything to argue about.

Just call it a fast skoda that can do 200 in 19 secs and be happy with it.

Trust me, people here would actually be more impressed with the build if the dyno results say it is even 250bhp coz 200 in 19 secs is damn good for a 250bhp fwd but pedestrian for a 500bhp version.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 31st December 2008 at 10:46.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:01   #229
BHPian

No one is interested any more???

ha ha I know why.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:10   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post

ha ha I know why.
Now you are only instigating people by saying such things. I would recommend you stop. Until & unless people see the actual car's dyno, nobody is going to believe it. So please just stop.

Also what are you trying to prove by putting up other cars dyno results here? We know that it can be done. We are just saying that we will believe it when we the actual dyno result. Not one done by Custom Code on a car that is not even in India.

Like Shantanu said let's just call it a fast Skoda and not give it any bhp numbers as of now.

Edit: I would request mods to close this thread, till such time when a dyno result is available for the actual car in question. No point in speculating on BHP numbers without a dyno.

Last edited by vikram_d : 31st December 2008 at 11:13.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:21   #231
BHPian

First of all, congratulations on making a very unique muscle car.

While making big hp is good, I hope that the engine has been modified to handle these power levels and high boost. Running at 28 psi is pretty extreme, and unless you have some forged pistons, beefed up crankshaft, built heads, ARP head studs, strengthened drivetrain, and a lot of other modifications, the reliablity will be affected.

Hopefully the car has been designed correctly and not just had the boost dialed to very high levels. 275+ horsepower per liter is very extreme.

I am currently tuning a 2.5 liter Subaru boxer engine to reach 350 - 400 hp to keep the engine reliable and usable across a wide rpm range. But that will be a topic of a different post.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:55   #232
BHPian

vivek no point in continuing anymore. Until and unless the BHP figures are put to paper there's no point speculating. At the same time i fully applaud your efforts in bringing us the report. I for one dint even know that the 1.8T engine could be modded to produce power in excess of 500 BHP. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:02   #233
Team-BHP Support

Tsk tsk only half the power compared to the 1100bhp RS with Quad turbos, quad cams and a supercharger.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ght=quad+turbo

ps: no offence meant. Just trying to lighten things up.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:25   #234
BHPian

It is the same kind of modifications running on both the cars. Custom Coding has done the dyno testing in UK and Petes has done this Octavia just the same way the other one was done. So the modifications being the same, this car should make as much power as mentioned in the dyno, if not more. Doing its dyno run is upto the tuner or owner but I don't think they should do it for you.

When we buy a car we know it has been made to the same specifications as the test car and that it makes as much horse power as said in the spec. Why can't you assume it that way, now that you have the dyno chart of a car that is very similar? Even if I have the same car dynoed, you would criticise with some reason or the other.

That you people won't agree with anything is pathetic and shows that your intentions are not to analyze things in day light but to contradict things till kingdom come. I gave you news first, long before ACI. Instead of showing some appreciation for that you wanted to prove that I was wrong.

It is strange that as much as team-bhp is a treasure of information, it also runs many a peoples' sewage of egos and jealousy underneath which unfortunatley I had to wade in through.

To quote navpreet318 here: 'everybody here is hell bent on proving you wrong.so be it.is it affecting your health?so why bother?'

I'm better off to celebrating new year than argue here.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:27   #235
Senior - BHPian

Hey vivek, its new years eve relax..enjoy a beer!
you seem hell bent on proving yourself right but is it worth it?
Neither the tuner nor the owner have anything to say so they are not affected by this, why are you?
Let it slide and enjoy the new year!!
Old 31st December 2008, 12:33   #236
Senior - BHPian

The ambient air temperatures, fuel quality and air quality in Britain and India are very different. So no way they will be making the same power, even with the same mods.

Even if it is actually putting out 500bhp then it is slow for the kind of power being put out.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:41   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post

Even if it is actually putting out 500bhp then it is slow for the kind of power being put out.
Could be the inability of the ACI driver to extract all that power by keeping it in the powerband, poor quality of the fuel used, ambient temperature, a slipping clutch, a heavy wind in the opposite direction or some other mechanical problem that resulted in the unimpressive acceleration times.
Old 31st December 2008, 12:46   #238
Senior - BHPian

"heavy wind in opposite direction" haha must be a gale or a hurricane to reduce it from 500bhp to 250bhp as being discussed one hell of a blow!
Old 31st December 2008, 13:37   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post

ha ha I know why.
I don't appreciate that.

Coming to Graph you posted on post # 226 there is lot of difference between car in question & posted Dyno graph of Car.

1) 1900 CC v/s 1800 CC
2) 8053 rev limit v/s 7000 rev limit
3) Boost Spike
4) Intake Air temperature. U.K v/s India (you will notice average intake air temperature during day time around 50-52 deg centegrate while driving & in nights it comes down to 40-45 deg here in mumbai.

AIR TEMEPERATURE PLAYS A MAJOR ROLE IN POWER O/P ESPECIALLY IN HIGH BOOST APPLICATION.

Go get real thing then we Talk.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:55   #240
BHPian

Never thought I'd actually be posting on this thread, but here goes:

Title: Pete's 500 bhp Octavia RS
Is it Pete's? No. It's some guy in Mumbai
Is it 500 Bhp? No data available
Is it an Octavia RS? From the pics, yes

This thread has progressed from being incredulous to almost downright ugly. The thread starter has produced absolutely no evidence to back his claims, but posted some irrelevant dyno graphs, made dowright cheap comments wrt financial abilities and pointed to "other people", who make claims with just a K&N, FFE etc. Here's my take on things.

Firstly, neither Peter nor the owner has started or even made a single post on this thread. In no post does it say that this thread was started at either's request / behalf. The thread starter has no data to back his claim whatsoever. As far as proof is concerned, there is none as to whether Peter actually made this claim, the thread starter drove this car or whether he even ever saw it!

Secondly, if either Peter or the owner wanted to divulge / share the build details of this car, I'm sure they could have done so themselves; I'm sure both are articulate enough. Apart from the veracity, this pretty much is a gross invasion of privacy; If I have a 500Bhp car and I choose to keep quiet about it, I should have a damn good reason for doing so!

Is this about whether Peter can effectively build a 500Bhp car? No. His expertise as a tuner does not come into the picture at all. He has left himself out of this whole sordid mess, so shall I.

As to silly things like, "Should I dyno this car myself, etc."? DON'T. Just don't put out ridiculous figures unless you have some data in hand! If you can accurately judge 500 bhp without ever seeing a dyno graph, the seat of your pants should be attracting a whole lot more business than Karan Shah's dyno (rates being competitive of course!)

As to sillier things like "How do we know claimed ICE actually costs as much?"
Dude, ICE comes with an MRP! Need I really say more?

As to the absolutely unnecessary " jealousy on the part of people who can't afford ..." That is simply in VERY bad taste and completely uncalled for! The thread starter has no way of knowing who can afford what; I know of ICE installs by TBhp members way more expensive than this build!

As for comments made by others, almost none are off topic and are in reply to whatever has been posted by the thread starter. The only way to silence sceptics is to post PROOF; the easier way is to NOT have a provocative title.

What the thread starter refuses to realise is that almost everyone commenting is genuinely happy for the owner as well as commending Peter for creating a really fast car. The ONLY thing that isn't going down well is the unsubstantiated claim made by the thread starter, who has NO PROOF,and is neither the owner nor the tuner! Fingers are NOT being pointed at Peter, they're pointed at YOU and YOUR claims!

In simple english, anyone who cannot back his claims with adequate proof is a LIAR!

Last edited by vikram18 : 31st December 2008 at 14:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks