Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 18:01   #106
BHPian

I dont see a reason at all to flame Peter here. Even installing a readymade kit is also not a joke. And such builds are not a cake to do. Mr West, please get a little easy on the comments. It sounds too harsh.
Old 30th October 2008, 18:21   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post

I can understand how it feels, it is pretty easy to get miffed at people blowing up enormous sums of money modding their cars to generate silly amounts of power. Once you get a job, and have enough money to buy a fast car, and maybe have a run in with a local tuner who would blow up your car, maybe you wont feel so bad about "James" coming down and helping somebody who can afford a powerful car?
tadu, great one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Even installing a readymade kit is also not a joke. And such builds are not a cake to do.
Yeah, if only one could soil ones hand in installation does one understand that even readymade kits need one to understand what they do!
Old 30th October 2008, 19:09   #108
Team-BHP Support

The tone of the posts are getting rather offensive and derogatory. State facts and stand down

There are no illegal or unethical business practices observed. whether, pete or james, one is not taking the credit for the other. Even if one is, is one going to hammer Nissan for labelling their cars even though Suzuki build them?

As long as the customer is happy - so what. If you disagree with any particualr business model, you are free to express your disagreement but going the extra mile to bring a person down without reason is against the spirit of the forum.

BTW West ! - Pete, James, Tom, Dick or Harry - were you around when the car in question was built ?
Old 30th October 2008, 19:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The tone of the posts are getting rather offensive and derogatory. State facts and stand down

There are no illegal or unethical business practices observed. whether, pete or james, one is not taking the credit for the other. Even if one is, is one going to hammer Nissan for labelling their cars even though Suzuki build them?

As long as the customer is happy - so what. If you disagree with any particualr business model, you are free to express your disagreement but going the extra mile to bring a person down without reason is against the spirit of the forum.

BTW West ! - Pete, James, Tom, Dick or Harry - were you around when the car in question was built ?
I dont want to be a part of this mess. All I said was There is only one who ever did this kind of modification , a tested model , thats James from JBS. If you are aware of tuning world in UK you would have known better. My point here is the write up should have been better if it has 500+ bhp proof with dyno results and source of parts as the write up wrongly states Peter has done from beggining to end of the game, which I believe is false. And we have seen monkeys car and bhp it came upto. As far as I know ITS RATHER 400+BHP on crank tested, and around 280-320 bhp to my expectation to wheels. You dont have to see the build to know what the thing is upto, you need information how it was build. It must be a gtrs 28 or gtrs 30 turbo modification. And check out at petes website where it says JBS turbo upgradeS

And this is my last post on this thread. I just felt the credit should go to JBS guy. I have nothing to gain or loose. now cool it guys

Last edited by west : 30th October 2008 at 19:44.
Old 30th October 2008, 19:45   #110
BANNED

Vivek, that was a superb write-up and I could feel your excitement as I read your report. I can only imagine what it feels like to drive such a powerful car and hope to be able to get a brief drive on a similar car one day.

As a true Indian, let me ask - what's the FE?
Old 30th October 2008, 19:57   #111
BHPian

It takes expertise to even install a kit like this. Its not an easy affair man. lets not assume anything, were you part of this build to clearly state things? Yes or No!
Old 30th October 2008, 20:20   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
It takes expertise to even install a kit like this. Its not an easy affair man. lets not assume anything, were you part of this build to clearly state things? Yes or No!

Alright - lets move on and concentrate on the original discussion at hand.

Everyone - no further OT posts please else the thread would have to be locked
Old 30th October 2008, 21:07   #113
Senior - BHPian

Edit:Forget it.lets just check out this fast car and enjoy the show.its a very good build.congrats to the owner of the car.hope he enjoys his car without getting into a pointless war of numbers.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 30th October 2008 at 21:10.
Old 30th October 2008, 21:25   #114
Senior - BHPian

Great thread. How could i miss this one. Whew! 500 bhp in skoda! Man thats some power. Oh how am i jealous of you Vivek sir for getting this kind of opportunity
However after reading the complete thread seems we are going OT. Lets forget about Peter and James claims and back to the car!
Well my q is if anyone is aware of any other car like this in India?
Old 30th October 2008, 21:40   #115
Senior - BHPian

Man man vivek i can understand what you felt when you were driven about. Well figures or not your words expressed them for me atleast.
Ps: Great pics. Loved the smoking one alot
Old 30th October 2008, 22:19   #116
BHPian

Monster thread, monster car, monster power (monster smile).. Best of luck to whoever is gonna drive it.. One wrong move and you're done for ..

In the spirit of automotive engineering and hunger for newer stuff with crazy power, KUDOS to the team that paid for and got it rolling for all of us to comment for freeee .. cheers:
Old 30th October 2008, 22:27   #117
Senior - BHPian

@ hydra/vivekji, can we have some details on the monster ICE in this car
Old 31st October 2008, 11:46   #118
BHPian

So the Stock Gearbox with just an uprated clutch handles around 500Bhp?
Old 31st October 2008, 12:23   #119

Anyways, one must remember, that one a car manufacturer gives a reading of say X-HP, It is Always done on an Engine Dyno. The Engine is taken OUT for it!! there is no car What soever involved in these figures!

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st October 2008 at 15:08. Reason: Dont want to digress here, Thanks.
Old 31st October 2008, 14:43   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
The turbo runs at 25-26psi, I was told.
What static C.R is this engine running? & 500 Bhp is it on race fuel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks