Team-BHP - Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-turbo-charged-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 1168291)
Congrats Manan !! Any idea if zakie has a re-map for automatic civic as well ?? It should benefit a automatic civic as well.

:uncontrol:uncontrol

he can remap any car from a maruti 800 to a merc.

I had a short talk with Zakie few weeks back when he was in Mumbai regarding the Civic remap. I was particularly interested in knowing about the improvement in low end response. I somehow got a feeling that this helps the high end much more than the low end. Seeing your review, it looks like your low end has improved as well. For eg: after negotiating a speed breaker, there is a definite flat spot if you try to take off in 2nd gear. Has these kind of characteristics improved? Reviews on real world in-city driving will be appreciated.

Note from mod: Please post only if there is something of value to post

INSANE STUFF!! this is the only word i can say

think of 5 people sitting in a car and still has that punch and .....i don't have words .

that's the best thing i have tried so far in modifications

well done viper/zakie by taking the performance industry to a new level clap:

and congratz manan i think you have made a wise decision and it's more than the worth you have spend on it

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokin (Post 1169414)

think of 5 people sitting in a car and still has that punch and .....i don't have words .

that's the best thing i have tried so far in modifications

well done viper/zakie by taking the performance industry to a new level clap:

and congratz manan i think you have made a wise decision and it's more than the worth you have spend on it

Thanks Smokkin, I know its addictive stuff. Help me source that OBDII Scanner please. Even that was very impressive stuff.

It sure is .
Tried on my car and it was rocking and that was the free version.
The paid version will show better stuff.

By the way Manan , how much did this cost you. and how about the new 0-100 figures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1169436)
It sure is .
Tried on my car and it was rocking and that was the free version.
The paid version will show better stuff.

By the way Manan , how much did this cost you. and how about the new 0-100 figures?

Yup, It sure is, Costed me around 30k for the Re-Map. I have not timed it properly, But yes did try once, Was getting a Early 9 Second figure, Will time it using the OBDII Software once i lay my hands on the scanner

So what's next? Custom Headers etc?
Lowering ride.
Also what about your ICE?

By the way did not get you.
Early 9 = 8.xx or 9.xx ( sorry )

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1169450)
So what's next? Custom Headers etc?
Lowering ride.
Also what about your ICE?

By the way did not get you.
Early 9 = 8.xx or 9.xx ( sorry )

9.XX. Yup Headers are what i have planned up next, Lowering will make it difficult to drive around, It pretty low already. ICE Well the intake sounds better :D

Hmm. It surely does. and what about something like S Drives?
If you remember, they are the safest tyres around.

Quote:

+1

The car pulls like crazy.
Seeing the rev limiter going all the way till 8k was amazing.!
Money well spent Manan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1169459)
Hmm. It surely does. and what about something like S Drives?
If you remember, they are the safest tyres around.

:D

Then you gotta check this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...rive-pp2s.html

Congrats Manan!

Heard its impressive. :thumbs up

Wish CRDis also had an option of increasing the rev limiter.:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 1167856)
But c'mon, WE ALL (including 'Manyu) know that unless one changes the gear ratios, the top speed on each gear can't increase,

Slight correction here. What you said is true if the car was redlining in the said gear before modification.
Many times, esp in 4th and 5th gear you cannot go beyond around 80% of the max rev range due to wind resistance etc., being greater than the power engine can supply. If you increase the power you can probably go to 83-84% because every small increase in speed requires an exponential increase in power.

So if you heavily modded your car mand made it 130bhp from 100bhp, you won't find any difference in top speed of 1,2,3rd gear, but its quite possible that on 5th gear you can get closer to the redline!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1169574)
Congrats Manan!

Heard its impressive. :thumbs up

Wish CRDis also had an option of increasing the rev limiter.:p

Thanks KP, I know the source where you got that info from :D

The CRDi or the 1.1?? stupid: