Team-BHP - Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/50142-civic-k-n-typhoon-kit-edit-now-turbo-charged-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1169479)
:D

Then you gotta check this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...rive-pp2s.html

We have found out that the S Drive can save your lives.

An encounter made us realize this.

Wat say Manan.

Drove the car yesterday & must say the remap is impressive. Can potter around in traffic in 2nd gear & don't feel a lack of low-end grunt at all, much better than stock. When pushing it, going past 7500rpm is useless since power tapers away sharply after that point, revving beyond that is pointless. Needs a more extensive back-to-back comparison to see exact benefits but I think it's a good 30k spent on correcting one of the most glaring problems in the Civic.

Manan - You need better tyres, the Maxxis's just don't cut it in hard driving. The ABS starts kicking in way too early.

Can't wait to TD one in Bangalore. If this has managed to address the biggest problem in the Civic - that of low end grunt, then its money well spent. The increased rev limit is an added bonus.
Curse the recession, else I would have jumped on this immediately.

Simply putting a warm air filter under your hood hasn't done anything for horsepower. It's all psychological.

Bottom line - vehicle manufacturers are well aware that cold air increases horsepower. What you have done is remove cold air promoting piping they have and substituted it with a greater volume of hot engine air. That's all.

I'd be impressed if you gain anything at all. Don't succumb to corporate marketing. Instead, use a K&N filter in your OEM filter box or a true Cold Air intake

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1169736)
We have found out that the S Drive can save your lives.

An encounter made us realize this.

Wat say Manan.

Yup, Saves life and lakhs of ruppees worth of ICE equipment :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 1170160)
Drove the car yesterday & must say the remap is impressive. Can potter around in traffic in 2nd gear & don't feel a lack of low-end grunt at all, much better than stock. When pushing it, going past 7500rpm is useless since power tapers away sharply after that point, revving beyond that is pointless. Needs a more extensive back-to-back comparison to see exact benefits but I think it's a good 30k spent on correcting one of the most glaring problems in the Civic.

Manan - You need better tyres, the Maxxis's just don't cut it in hard driving. The ABS starts kicking in way too early.

I am glad you liked it, Yes Shift at 7500 RPM, No use going any further. Better tires, well i was out in the market searching for them today only, had a close shave yesterday night also. Will contact you soon on the right choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinu2506 (Post 1170216)
Can't wait to TD one in Bangalore. If this has managed to address the biggest problem in the Civic - that of low end grunt, then its money well spent. The increased rev limit is an added bonus.
Curse the recession, else I would have jumped on this immediately.

This is something which not only gives performance but added bonus in traffic also, The Low end Grunt in second and third has gone up tremendously. Infact i rather enjoy the feel in second and third rather than Redlining it too often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwdriva (Post 1170246)
Simply putting a warm air filter under your hood hasn't done anything for horsepower. It's all psychological.

Bottom line - vehicle manufacturers are well aware that cold air increases horsepower. What you have done is remove cold air promoting piping they have and substituted it with a greater volume of hot engine air. That's all.

I'd be impressed if you gain anything at all. Don't succumb to corporate marketing. Instead, use a K&N filter in your OEM filter box or a true Cold Air intake

I dont about the other filter installs, But a K&N Typhoon kit improved stuff to quite some extent on my car, The Difference could be felt immediately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1170419)
Yup, Saves life and lakhs of ruppees worth of ICE equipment :D

Damn . I would have taken that HU for sure. By the way, can you show some graph of the torque and power curve?

You can't put headers on a 1.8 Civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1170791)

No Headers, What i meant was to eliminate the catalytic chamber.

Honda Civic Weapon R R18 Race Header at PRO Civic

Congrats on your new kit.I would like to know for how much did you get the front grill for?Is the carbon fiber or vinyl?Even I am willing to install the grill on my Civic.Enjoy your ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aajtaksabsetej (Post 1170936)
Congrats on your new kit.I would like to know for how much did you get the front grill for?Is the carbon fiber or vinyl?Even I am willing to install the grill on my Civic.Enjoy your ride.

Front Grill is real CF, got it from Thailand costed me around 8k with the Front Red original H Logos, Only the grill is for around 6k

Regards,
Manan

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4ugr8 (Post 1170794)
No Headers, What i meant was to eliminate the catalytic chamber.

Honda Civic Weapon R R18 Race Header at PRO Civic

Don't do that. Be nice to the environment. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 1170791)

why is it so? please explan....

Because the catcon is built into the exhaust manifold. You'll have to make a whole new set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalZ (Post 1172030)
Because the catcon is built into the exhaust manifold. You'll have to make a whole new set.

lol. Not really. It's because the exhaust manifold is built into the engine block. The headers are part of the block and only a single tube comes out and goes straight to the cat-con mounted vertically.

You can see from the below pic the cat-con just after the single exhaust port.
Civic with K&N Typhoon Kit. EDIT : Now TURBO-Charged-main.jpg

actually it is the exhaust manifold which is built into the engine block. the cat-con is still outside. it is in the downpipe. the weapon R race header and the megan racing headers just replace the cat-con. the original headers are still in the engine block and cannot be changed.

and manan if you are going to go for headers i would recommend that you change to a catback rather than the axleback which you have.