Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 11:47   #211
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jose, good to know that your ride is still plush after your Bilstein upgrade. Will plan for the upgrade soon. Thanks!

Last edited by mooza : 30th January 2010 at 11:48.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:57   #212
BHPian

Guys, I managed to have a great road trip in my Bolero in the last few weeks of 09; the travelogue is @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-roadtrip.html
Old 19th February 2010, 08:23   #213
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jose,

I finally fitted the Bilstein B6 shocks on my Scorpio. The results are pretty good! I found improvement while driving first with only the rear shocks changed, but as you advised I went ahead and changed all the 4 shocks to Bilsteins, and that made a lot of improvement!

I have provided the details on the thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...uspension.html

Thanks again for the help!
BTW, excellent travelogue, enjoyed every bit of it!
Old 10th September 2010, 13:04   #214
BHPian

Hi, very keen to know where the mesh grills are available? Are they custom-built? Really look forward to knowing where I can get this.

Thanks
Old 10th September 2010, 16:05   #215
Senior - BHPian

fixing the mesh grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
Hi, very keen to know where the mesh grills are available? Are they custom-built? Really look forward to knowing where I can get this.

Thanks
Actually the mesh(malyasian made) is availiable , then we need to remove the grill from the baleno , chop inside the grill to make an outer grill , cut the mesh to suit it to the grill , then fix the mesh , the malyasian mesh is availiable in almost all auto mods shop.

attaching my close friends for reference :-
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Bolero!-jjjjj.jpg  

Old 13th September 2010, 10:07   #216
BHPian

Hi Foby, thanks.. Is it the same for the M&M Bolero mesh grill? I wasn't asking about the Baleno

Thanks, though.
Old 13th September 2010, 10:12   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avkurian View Post
Hi Foby, thanks.. Is it the same for the M&M Bolero mesh grill? I wasn't asking about the Baleno

Thanks, though.
There was around three varieties of mesh grills I think the one used in the baleno suits the bolero as well, any way it's up to u , cheers!
Old 30th January 2011, 00:47   #218
BHPian

Re: Yet another modded Bolero!

I guess it's time to bring this thread to a close, I have lived without my Bolero for a few months now after we moved into Hyderabad. The truck is now plying the roads of Kerala; lavished with lots of TLC by my dear pal..he seems to beloving every moment of it.

My search for a new ride began when I planned my move into Hyderabad to work for another employer - a company leased car has a lot of advantages...so I had to search for a "new" car. A TD of the next best thing from Mahindra stables drew a naught; the mHawk is fabulous but the rest of it sucks...honestly! The sales man confirmed my train of thought when he told me that he hasn't seen too many Bolero owners "upgrading" to a Scorpio. I haven't TD'ed a STORM yet - honestly I will buy it if I drive it. But i really need something with a bit more space, So I gave the STORM a pass.

I did toy around with the idea of a fast sedan - Laura TSI, Cruse etc. but quickly decided against each. I decided to stick to a UV till our country has good roads throughout.

A chance encounter with a Safari during a visit to a Tata dealership in Chennai, opened my eyes! It felt like the perfect weapon ( at my price point) to do Hyderabad-Cochin day drives. The forum also does have a lot of die-hard Safari enthusiast vouching for it and also boasts tons of technical stuff in several threads. So another INDIAN ride it is.

I took delivery this evening of a Black ( and grey) Safari GX and headed straight for; you guessed it!

Don't be surprised to see yet another thread for yet another modded Safari.

Ciao...till I surface with the new beast!
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Bolero!-collage.jpg  

Old 1st February 2011, 00:08   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
I guess it's time to bring this thread to a close, I have lived without my Bolero for a few months now after we moved into Hyderabad. The truck is now plying the roads of Kerala; lavished with lots of TLC by my dear pal..he seems to beloving every moment of it.

My search for a new ride began when I planned my move into Hyderabad to work for another employer - a company leased car has a lot of advantages...so I had to search for a "new" car. A TD of the next best thing from Mahindra stables drew a naught; the mHawk is fabulous but the rest of it sucks...honestly! The sales man confirmed my train of thought when he told me that he hasn't seen too many Bolero owners "upgrading" to a Scorpio. I haven't TD'ed a STORM yet - honestly I will buy it if I drive it. But i really need something with a bit more space, So I gave the STORM a pass.

I did toy around with the idea of a fast sedan - Laura TSI, Cruse etc. but quickly decided against each. I decided to stick to a UV till our country has good roads throughout.

A chance encounter with a Safari during a visit to a Tata dealership in Chennai, opened my eyes! It felt like the perfect weapon ( at my price point) to do Hyderabad-Cochin day drives. The forum also does have a lot of die-hard Safari enthusiast vouching for it and also boasts tons of technical stuff in several threads. So another INDIAN ride it is.

I took delivery this evening of a Black ( and grey) Safari GX and headed straight for; you guessed it!

Don't be surprised to see yet another thread for yet another modded Safari.

Ciao...till I surface with the new beast!
Congrats Mate on the Safari!

Now that you are in Hyderabad, you should join us for the meets.

See you around.

Cheers
Old 1st February 2011, 12:40   #220
Team-BHP Support

Jose, congrats on the Safari. Looking forward to your mods on it.
As for the Bolero, it sure did make you famous, and i still remember your 1BHK on wheels writeup on it.
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:33   #221
Senior - BHPian

Couldnt find a better thread to post this Bolero's pictures. Found it in our parking lot and had a chat with the owner too, the vehicle was done up in Kochi . Sorry jose_peter for hijacking your thread.

Yet another modded Bolero!-bolero1.jpg

Yet another modded Bolero!-bolero-2jpg.jpg
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:13   #222
BHPian

This invader rocks rj! The mud splash is worth a million...
Old 4th November 2011, 14:58   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
This invader rocks rj! The mud splash is worth a million...
Not if you keep your windows open...
....and you ditched us and joined the Safari gang.

Last edited by Torqy : 4th November 2011 at 15:08.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Not if you keep your windows open...
....and you ditched us and joined the Safari gang.

I have and it tastes yuk!

No ditching mate...wish i could own more than one car!
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:44   #225
BHPian

Modded Bolero!

HI,
Its been a very long time that I havent posted on the thread but sadly & finally, after over a decade spent with the Bolero, it seems its now time to let her go. The Jeep's (I still prefer to call her a Jeep) clocked 1,35,000 kms since I got her in August 2001 & we have driven to many a places in cluding Kathmandu 2 times, Bhutan 2 times, Assam once & Kolkata Once. Off the road, well- countless places & countless number of times. All this time there has not been a single time that she has let me down. Maybe sometimes we reached our destination limping, sometimes coughing & sometimes even blind!! (the car I mean) lol. but we made it through. After all its the journey that I always looked foward to and It has always been fun & memorable. But now as the roads get broader & the cars get more powerful I guess Its finally time to let go & get something new to start on. Not that I havent thought of Options of Modifications. I even thought of giving her an engine changed to something more powerful with the addition of a turbocharger & an intercooler, an air suspension, chopping off the body etc... the list could be endless.
Nevertheless Here are a collection of pictures over the years & for all you guys just getting started on the Bolero Journey, "Have a good One". It will be fun i assure you.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Bolero!-action.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc00585.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc00623.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc00607.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc00886.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-photo677.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-photo153.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc02634.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc02682.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-dsc02689-medium.jpg  

innerkarma is offline   (1) Thanks