Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 11:08   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
...it actually inspired me to get up and spend 2.80 lacs INR (India Neckdeep in Recession!) on this used 2004 sportz.
Welcome to the Bolero Brotherhood.
Enjoy your ride.

-- Torqy

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th June 2009 at 14:09. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 18th June 2009, 11:35   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

hi i guess you owe me aroungd 3 lacs. WHYY? you may ask. because your bolero is so beautiful it actually inspired me to get up and spend 2.80 lacs INR (India Neckdeep in Recession!) on this used 2004 sportz.

i also bought new tires
Looks like you got the GLX?! That engine is a fantastic buy. The NVH levels are close to nothing when compared to the DI! Some more details on the jeep? I think you owe Jose!
Old 18th June 2009, 12:20   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Welcome to the Bolero Brotherhood.
Enjoy your ride.

-- Torqy
thx torqy,ive been waiting for 4 years to join the "brotherhood"~makes us sound like priests of some sort.
there aren't many fans of the bolero in my hometown pune.but i love this car inspite of its manys flaws and eccentricities, i guess those are the qualities a car should have to develop a fan following.i have a few good plans to customize my bolero in the near future and look foward to tips and comments from "brothers" like you.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Looks like you got the GLX?! That engine is a fantastic buy. The NVH levels are close to nothing when compared to the DI! Some more details on the jeep? I think you owe Jose!
no its a 2004 sportz(no power windows,xd3p engine,rack and pinion steering,painfully uncomfortable bucket seats).
yes as i admitted earlier,Jose and his excellent car are the main reasons that inspired me to go on and buy this car again(its my third bolero. I sold the last one in 2005 to buy a ford ikon 1.6)...even though i had to pull hard on a couple of springs to buy it.
NVH levels are really peaceful in ths car and the engine sounds great and the top speed is around 115kmph-sad!

Note from Mods : Please use proper capitalizations and don't post in all italicized text. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th June 2009 at 14:11. Reason: Please make sure you see the note that has been added to the bottom of this post.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:16   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the XD3P Engine on the Bolero. You cant get better than that. That was my first choice - the problem was I could not find a good one in the used market. So I settled for a New Scorpio instead.

Enjoy your ride mate - this is one chugger you can take ANYWHERE!
Old 18th June 2009, 15:04   #156
Senior - BHPian

@josepeter Brilliant looking vehicle you got there. Feeling like making few changes to mine too

Well i have been looking for one particular part the plastic surrounding the gear lever which i am not able to find at all. Tried mangalore but not able to source it.
The part is marked below. Any help?
Yet another modded Bolero!-img_3547_50.jpg
Old 19th June 2009, 10:01   #157
BHPian

Try india garage stores banagalore... st. marks road. there u get almost anything for the bolero... give it a shot
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:54   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
Hi Jose!
Thanks for the pics. Immediately after the fitment of Green Filter you said you could feel the difference in acceleration and was able to reach the top speed quickly. Now my question is "Is there any notable change in FE? Are the Bilstein / Green available in Chennai?

Cheers

After driving nearly 4000 Ks with the Green Fliter; I feel that the FE has definitely not reduced; maybe a slight increase. On full power runs on the GQ ; i did get 12 Kmpl with max speed at an indicated 115K; it should be a realistic 120kmph since the wheel dia is more than stock ( according to carbibles).

On my way back from Salem last weekend I did a cautious run @ 80 Kmph ( the rains forced me to I must admit!) the trip meter showed 400 Kms at half tank; 30 litres. This hould equate to over 13 Kmpl. So the FE seems to have improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
amazing josepeter.

only vlx comes with the storm engine ?
Yes! Only VLX has has the mEagle storm engine. Mine is a poor old SLE with the DI turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Hi Jose,

I think you are going to get arrested for carrying a nuclear weapon!
Amazing work done on your Bolero! One of a kind!!
Thanks Mate!

Quote:
Here comes the bass monster and there goes your luggage space. Now its a permanent 5 seater.

I plan to have the two rear speakers and their humongous enclosures removed; have to look for some compact components during ICE stage 2. This should liberate space for two more bags, not human a**)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
hi josepeter,
can you give detailed information about your In-Car(truck) entertainment system.(if possible 'M' factor also)

the bolero is definitely rocking now.
The Truck has basic ICE.

1. Pioneer HU with USB/Aux port
2. JBL GTO (?) rear oval speakers with crap enclosures
3. JBL front speakers; real tiny ones - real crap
4. JBL BTX 250 powered sub

1,2 and 3 were brought brand new; cost me 12K including fitting.

4 cost me 7.5 K used. But I had the most amazing ICE experience of my life during the install; Suhaimy's Innova blew my brains away; should be one of the best SQ installs around!

Im definitely looking for an upgrade and plan to go exclusively for used gear. What i have in mind for Phase 2.

1. Alpine HU
2. Some good components front/rear with a small amp.

I know there is no point in going for phase 3 on a noisy truck like mine.

Quote:
Attachment 149231

hi i guess you owe me aroungd 3 lacs. WHYY? you may ask. because your bolero is so beautiful it actually inspired me to get up and spend 2.80 lacs INR (India Neckdeep in Recession!) on this used 2004 sportz.

i also bought new tires
Attachment 149230
I guess the truck will pay you back many times; would love to see your Sportz transform into a beast!
Old 24th June 2009, 11:23   #159
BHPian

I have friends who;'s Di clocks almost 16-17 kms on the highway... and some upto 18 .. y is yours so low
Old 29th June 2009, 01:26   #160
BHPian

Quote:
no its a 2004 sportz(no power windows,xd3p engine,rack and pinion steering,painfully uncomfortable bucket seats).
yes as i admitte..........
as i said earlier this is my third bolero. sadly the handbrake in any one of these cars have never worked. please tell how do i get this handbrake working?
my mechanic inspite of all his experience with mahindra cars simply says that bolero's handbrakes never ever work!!
Old 28th July 2009, 18:47   #161
BHPian

finally got set of alloy rims for my bolero after alot of hunting . hope you guys like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Bolero!-imag0149.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-img_0426.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-imag0136.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-imag0143.jpg  

darxide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 22:25   #162
BHPian

Quote:
finally got set of alloy rims for my bolero after alot of hunting . hope you guys like them.
Beautiful alloys. What make? Size?

Old 29th July 2009, 01:11   #163
BHPian

This is a truly fascinating thread. Makes me wanna go in for a Mahindra! AAh maybe in in the future.
Old 29th July 2009, 07:49   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Beautiful alloys. What make? Size?

dominator tires 275/60/15 with zero offset wheels.
perfect fit no scrubbing of fouling with suspension or body panels.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:18   #165
BHPian

a few pics of my bolero 2001 slx. still a fuel guzzler, big really big rubber, hella 4000 driving aid lights, bull bars customised by me and been on the road for about 2lakh km!!! lol.here are a few pics of my jeep. A bolero GLX 2001. Still a feul guzzler, 2laks plus kms done, all the while still going strong!! lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another modded Bolero!-copy-july-097.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-copy-july-106.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-copy-july-129.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web2.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web5.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web8.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web12.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web4.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web9.jpg  

Yet another modded Bolero!-web6.jpg  

Most Viewed