Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 13:39   #196
BHPian

If you have more luggage space, you'll tend to carry more luggage.
Besides a loaded Thule might worsen the already high Centre of Gravity.
But a Thule sure looks good.

-- Torqy
Old 20th October 2009, 17:47   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
BUT I did see a superb cycle carrier that looks absolutely sexy on the rear...now that's an excuse to buy one of those fancy 20K bicycles!
The cycle carrier is a very useful bet. How much?
Old 21st October 2009, 17:37   #198
BHPian

Today i saw a Wagon-R with a Thule luggage carrier. It looked bigger than the car itself.
Old 4th December 2009, 18:40   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
The cycle carrier is a very useful bet. How much?
Hey RedLiner, the Thule carrier is around 12 K or so; without the cycle of course!

Hello Folks! Has everyone stopped modding Boleros lately? It can't be..Mahindra is selling Boleros @ upwards of 5K every month and there are nutters out there who cant live with Virgin Boleros!

Well, Mine is undergoing some light mods now. "Forced to" would be correct.

Last weekend the Bolero scraped against a tree, the roof ended up with a dent : Opportunity for some mods on the roof. I decided to get some running lights on the roof like on the Mahindra Stinger and our own innerkarma's Bolero. ( pics of inner karmas Bolero is on page 11 of this thread).

Am also planning to paint the roof and bumpers matte black.

Ciao!
Old 18th January 2010, 07:24   #200
Senior - BHPian

Hi josepeter, hope your roof job is done and your bolero is rocking again!

I have been following your threads on the Bilsteins. How have the shocks been doing? Are they still as good as new?

I contacted Pete's last week and they have provided me the details for getting the Bilstein shocks here in Bangalore (price around 38k for the set of 4). I plan to get this done for my Scorpio sometime in Feb.
Cheers, Mohit
Old 18th January 2010, 08:12   #201
Senior - BHPian

Jose , that was a nice write up , cool pictures and awsome vehicle
Old 19th January 2010, 12:05   #202
BHPian

my pictures have been removed

hi all. its been a long time since i last visited. have been working out north. No internet there :( Neverthe less My bolero still rocks there!!! I just noticed that my older pictures were taken off this post. annyone know why?
Old 19th January 2010, 14:34   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerkarma View Post
I just noticed that my older pictures were taken off this post. annyone know why?
I guess they got moved to the specific Bolero Pictures thread...which makes sense.

-- Torqy
Old 26th January 2010, 09:15   #204
BHPian

hi

Any suhhestions where? Actually it was here in this column from the 2nd page & it very much belonged here. nevertheless i'll post them again. too bad the jeep has changed from what it used to be. Cheers!!
Old 26th January 2010, 12:24   #205
BHPian

@innerkarma, your Bolero pics are here. See if thats what you're looking for.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...eir-suv-9.html

-- Torqy
Old 26th January 2010, 13:23   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Hi josepeter, hope your roof job is done and your bolero is rocking again!

I have been following your threads on the Bilsteins. How have the shocks been doing? Are they still as good as new?

I contacted Pete's last week and they have provided me the details for getting the Bilstein shocks here in Bangalore (price around 38k for the set of 4). I plan to get this done for my Scorpio sometime in Feb.
Cheers, Mohit
Hi Jose, waiting for your feedback please. Also, can the Bilstein B6 upgrade be done only for my rear shocks, which I feel are weak and need to be changed anyway? What are your thoughts?
Old 27th January 2010, 14:56   #207
BHPian

Okay please excuse my rashness but I have done a search on most of team bhp and not found the answer. Since we are talking Boleros I have a year 2000 one with the XD3P engine and yeah love to hate it and have done about a lakh and forty km on it.

My question is whether one can buy a mhawk engine from someone around Delhi and is it advisable? My main concern is the old gal can reach 100/120 but after a while. It is happies around 80 on the highway. Secondly, it does tend to heat up in the Delhi heat and traffic.

I was thinking of doing some under the hood changes and a new paint job and run her forever...she is registered till 2016. Besides a few repairs now and again she doesn't demand much. There is also a long story about her being stolen and then coming back to me but that I will save for later.

So gurus let me know what you think.

Chaunfa
Old 28th January 2010, 21:05   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jose, waiting for your feedback please. Also, can the Bilstein B6 upgrade be done only for my rear shocks, which I feel are weak and need to be changed anyway? What are your thoughts?
Sorry guys, was caught up in some (rather poor) action in office, missed this one completely!

Bilstein B6 shocks can be bought as a single unit; so you can get only the rear done- no harm! IMO this should be done only if cost is the primary concern. if you can find the moolah get Bilsteins on all corners, will make a big difference.
Old 28th January 2010, 22:40   #209
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton, Jose!

I feel that the rebound damping is poor in my rear shocks, so let me try the Bilsteins on the rear first. If I am not satisfied, I will upgrade the front shocks as well.
Will post an update once I am done, which should be in the month of Feb, provided the item is available at short notice in Bangalore.

By the way, the ride does not become too harsh / rough, does it ? My Ikon has excellent damping, but then I can hear & feel the road more than I need, in my cabin!

Cheers!

Last edited by mooza : 28th January 2010 at 22:46.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:06   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton, Jose!

I feel that the rebound damping is poor in my rear shocks, so let me try the Bilsteins on the rear first. If I am not satisfied, I will upgrade the front shocks as well.
Will post an update once I am done, which should be in the month of Feb, provided the item is available at short notice in Bangalore.

By the way, the ride does not become too harsh / rough, does it ? My Ikon has excellent damping, but then I can hear & feel the road more than I need, in my cabin!

Cheers!
Going for the rear first seems to be the right option given that you have an issue with the existing rear dampers; the chances are you may have bleeding dampers. The stock dampers in mine had started to bleed @ 13K.

I don't know how Bilsteins do it, but the ride is actually quite plush while still managing good cornering characteristics. I remember having heard from the guys at Petes that Scopio benefits more form these dampers than Bolero. Make the change and let us know!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks