Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 15:49   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Sorry to leave an unexplained abbreviation guys. My bad.
@innerkarma: I was curious why you mentioned your bolero is a fuel guzzler, I have spoken with many bolero guys, they are reporting fuel economy of at least 14 kmpl in the city with A/C, and upto 18 kmpl on long highway runs. I myself got approximately 15 to 17 kmpl with A/C, so was wondering whether you have made any mods to the engine (apart from the air intake) that is affecting the fuel economy. Any custom filter, engine mods for performance could have affected the mileage. Your bigger wheels could also be a factor, what do you say?

Cheers,
FE......Hhmmm
FE=fuel efficiency
FE=flying on empty
FE=freakish energy
FE=foolishly emotional......
anyway,.. i think you and friends cars maybe have the DI engine so i guess thats why the frugal milage figures. inner karma (?) and i have the XD3. the average milage i have seen on my cars was 8city and 11 hi-way
Old 31st July 2009, 16:15   #182
BHPian

Brilliant Idea!

@ Darxide and Sriku, am all for the Bolero club. Lets just do it and meet up once and take it forward from there.

I agree about the FE, the older models have the XDP engine and hence the low average. I get around 9 in city driving and around 12/13 on the highway with A.C.

Gautam.
Old 1st August 2009, 11:22   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
FE......Hhmmm
FE=fuel efficiency
FE=flying on empty
FE=freakish energy
FE=foolishly emotional......
anyway,.. i think you and friends cars maybe have the DI engine so i guess thats why the frugal milage figures. inner karma (?) and i have the XD3. the average milage i have seen on my cars was 8city and 11 hi-way

Exactly!! same milage. 11kpl =long distance driving. 7 kpl= city driving.
Old 1st August 2009, 16:35   #184
BHPian

Pictures of Your Ride.

@ Sriku,

Pictures of your 2009 Bolero SLX are needed urgently on the "All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV" at "The Indian Car Scene"

Gautam.
Old 3rd August 2009, 09:13   #185
BHPian

hi. my bolero has a xdp3 engine and not the dI which is too noisy. they have a lot of diff in feul economy.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:48   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
@ Sriku,

Pictures of your 2009 Bolero SLX are needed urgently on the "All T-BHP Bolero Owners with Pics of their SUV" at "The Indian Car Scene"

Gautam.
Sirji, believe it or not, I've been driving around so much since I bought the car that I haven't yet managed a complete photo session with Moby. I have some interior and pre-pdi pics that I had taken to ensure that post registration nothing got swapped without my knowledge, but will have to do a proper session to get a photo bank good enough to upload in the other thread. Will schedule it as early as possible. That thread has so many good looking bolero's that I am now totally sold on alloys and some of innerkarma's mods

Cheers,
Old 17th August 2009, 14:13   #187
BHPian

innerkarma - can you tell me how the cold intake helps and how much does it cost, does it improve performance
Old 17th August 2009, 14:31   #188
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

one more thing - you may remember the old Mahindra 540, 550 etc used to have their handbrake located on the right side of the steering wheel below the dashboard overhang. One had to yank it and it would stay. To dis-engage the handbrake one had to pull it a bit, turn it a bit and shove it back in - one would simultaneously feel the brake being released. That was a pretty efficient system in my experience.
But still, usually in the hills, as per my memory I believe that our jeeps were usually parked and left with the handbrakes on and the 1st gear engaged just to be doubly sure. When the jeeps were taken for water wash and parked on the ramp, the service station chaps always used to use the cro magnon method and place a brick behind the rear wheel.

Quote:
hi sriku, this is my 3rd bolero -2 glxs XD3P (2001 & 03) and 1 sports XD3P (2005). the handbrakes have never ever worked on any of these cars.
this is really inconvenient and dangerous especially while stuck in traffic on slopes.
i'm pretty used to dealing with this by now but for a driver who is not used to this, its a disaster waiting to happen.
what year model is you car? maybe mahindra has improved on this in the newer cars.
Old 17th August 2009, 19:15   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
one more thing - you may remember the old Mahindra 540, 550 etc used to have their handbrake located on the right side of the steering wheel below the dashboard overhang. One had to yank it and it would stay. To dis-engage the handbrake one had to pull it a bit, turn it a bit and shove it back in - one would simultaneously feel the brake being released. That was a pretty efficient system in my experience.
But still, usually in the hills, as per my memory I believe that our jeeps were usually parked and left with the handbrakes on and the 1st gear engaged just to be doubly sure. When the jeeps were taken for water wash and parked on the ramp, the service station chaps always used to use the cro magnon method and place a brick behind the rear wheel.
yes the 540 had its parking brake in a very interesting place and it worked by clamping onto the propeller shaft when applied.
not surprisingly..... this never worked either!!
CRO MAGNON MAN METHOD--to the rescue again!!
Old 17th August 2009, 19:19   #190
BHPian

somebody please tell me how to re-program the EVIL security system thingy in my 05 bolero.i had my self locked out of the car for the nth. time day before yesterday.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:22   #191
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the revenge of the evil security systems - rise of the machines HA HA
Maybe it is better to go with the standard manual central locking - for added security, good to get the steering/gear lock system.

Quote:
somebody please tell me how to re-program the EVIL security system thingy in my 05 bolero.i had my self locked out of the car for the nth. time day before yesterday.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:07   #192
BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree, those things are evil! Every time I stop for fuel, and refueling that 60 ltr tank takes a while, that siren goes off after 10 seconds! Really annoying. Haven't been locked out of my Bolero, perhaps you need to visit the installers, and get yourself acquainted with the features of the security system. Apparently there are many features like silent working mode, child lock (auto lock after a programmable 5/10/15s) and other hijinks!

It's a wonder they are able to fit so many things in a 3-button contraption!

Cheers,
Old 10th October 2009, 12:39   #193
BHPian

Here's one with a changed grille . Mahindra logo was removed .
Yet another modded Bolero!-bolero.jpg
Yet another modded Bolero!-bolero5.jpg
DSC.CUSTOMS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2009, 14:16   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
That is CHAXY's Bolero. PM him.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/chaxy.html
Thats my 02 bolero which i sold in early 08. Got a bunch of Pm messages for the seats. actually those seats were used ones which were sold during the engine mod days. i had got them completely refurbished. Havent seen any of these seats again anywhere. I got a very good deal on my 6 yr old bolero as the guy was impressed with the seats.

Good to see all the modded boleros and makes me feel why i sold mine.
Old 19th October 2009, 11:33   #195
BHPian

Plenty of Weekend trips and minor mods

The past few weekends ( 5 continuous ones) were spend exploring hill stations..mostly!

1. Chennai - Kodai - Chennai
2. Chennai - Ooty- Masinagudi- Wayanad-Kochi
3. Kochi-Chennai
4. Chennai-Velankanni-Chennai
5. Chennai-Kolli hills- Chennai

I have now stopped complaining about the lack of horse power; i feel the 63 or so available in my DI Turbo is good enough. Top speed observed is 126 kmph and mileage hovers around the 14-15 mark. I have now completed some 27K on the Bolero and now feel comfortable with the shortcomings of the beast.

While in Cochin i went for some mods; on the ICE mainly. I got a pair of Rainbow 2way components installed at the front; they are an absolute delight; worth the great effort put in by Suhaimi ( Emperor) to squeeze them in the Bolero's footwell. I have to get rid of the JBL co-axials at the rear and change the HU..some other time. Suhaimi rightly said that i should tinker with only one piece of the ICE at a time; experience the difference and move to the next. Some dough saved until the next trip to Cochin.

A lot of time was also spend contemplating on whether to go for Thule carrier and roof top luggage. Emperor was offering a good deal on on of the pieces lying around. I kept on asking myself the answer to my new found mantra...BUY IT (ONLY) IF YOU CAN USE IT. I thought of excuse after excuse for a couple of days, but finally decided to remove the rear most seats to make way for luggage; sitting on them was impossible anyways, what with the JBL missile places right across them. Chucking the seats have saved huge space; now the bolero can devour all the luggage ( and coconuts and what nots that you have to carry back from Kochi: non negotiable!). So THULE has been put to rest now....BUT I did see a superb cycle carrier that looks absolutely sexy on the rear...now that's an excuse to buy one of those fancy 20K bicycles!

Most Viewed