Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 12:29   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Hi guys,i have uploaded some pics of the expo which you guys can enjoy for the moment.
As for the conti project it was a thrill itself to get the car inside the garage even the next day after the expo, with no compromise on our energy level. For now my hands are iching to get the V8 to the workshop (probably Saturday) and will surely out of no question post the twin carbed V8 lump lying in front of me.

Looks like you guys missed my reply.

Wanted to know where in Pune is this workshop located ?
Old 18th November 2009, 15:51   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Looks like you guys missed my reply.

Wanted to know where in Pune is this workshop located ?
its in viman nagar. and if you want the details. i would appriciate it to be done on the pm's .cheers
Old 18th November 2009, 19:20   #108

Final Result

Hi,

I have an '89 contessa classic 1.8GL and have been wanting to mod it for quite a while now, before that i would like to see the final result of how this car took shape.
I would also like to know what an engine from the 2nd hand market would cost, and which engine/gearbox would be best suited for a contessa considering it is a rear wheel drive car.
Have you changed the brakes and suspension kit on the car as well as the engine being used here is a big one.

do let me know

Thanks
Old 18th November 2009, 22:45   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickhero View Post
Hi,

I have an '89 contessa classic 1.8GL and have been wanting to mod it for quite a while now, before that i would like to see the final result of how this car took shape.
I would also like to know what an engine from the 2nd hand market would cost, and which engine/gearbox would be best suited for a contessa considering it is a rear wheel drive car.
Have you changed the brakes and suspension kit on the car as well as the engine being used here is a big one.

do let me know

Thanks
hi there. yes we are using a big engine . and will be beefing up the suspensions, chassis changing the gearbox and different differential probably a multi link. You will be surprised but we are putting bigger calipers in the front and a rear disc set up with huge 13 inch(approx) ventilated discs.
Old 19th November 2009, 11:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

where are the pictures mate? I'm waiting to have a look at that V8.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:48   #111
BHPian

Hi konjaril,

I am sure this thread would go into the best threads section on T-BHP as you would be working on the car

1 thing that i felt strange is.... when u r changing the tires, wheels, engine, suspension, the body work the chassis (you said you would be beefing it up), all the Electrical's the Headlamps and the tail lamps.... whats left out of the original car?? just a part of the chassis?

I can see the zeal and the passion with which you are working on this project (I think it would be a dream to work with a team like this) to make the best modded all muscle car in India all by yourselves. My question is why did u choose the contessa for this? any particular reason? you could have chosen any other car. Am i correct?

Also.. wouldnt the RTO have any issues with you chopping off the top of the car and changing the Engine?
Old 19th November 2009, 17:36   #112
BHPian

Hi there konjaril. Its good to see enthusiastic people like you taking pain to restore an automobile! In one of your post's you've mentioned that your workshop is located at Viman Nagar. Can I sometime come over too see the modifications taking place?
Old 19th November 2009, 21:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
Hi konjaril,

I am sure this thread would go into the best threads section on T-BHP as you would be working on the car

1 thing that i felt strange is.... when u r changing the tires, wheels, engine, suspension, the body work the chassis (you said you would be beefing it up), all the Electrical's the Headlamps and the tail lamps.... whats left out of the original car?? just a part of the chassis?

I can see the zeal and the passion with which you are working on this project (I think it would be a dream to work with a team like this) to make the best modded all muscle car in India all by yourselves. My question is why did u choose the contessa for this? any particular reason? you could have chosen any other car. Am i correct?

Also.. wouldnt the RTO have any issues with you chopping off the top of the car and changing the Engine?
Buddy thats the whole point. the car is already a registered car. you make a car from ground up, you might have to spend a bomb to get it registered and road legal. regarding the chassis and engine mod , yes there are formalities. before the start of the project there is a form (forgot the number) to be filled with the RTO . stating the changes and reasons.
Regarding the conti its the wheel base and the RWD properties, its heritage and moreover the cheap availability led me to buy it and do a project on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashidl View Post
Hi konjaril,

Buddy thats the whole point. the car is already a registered car. you make a car from ground up, you might have to spend a bomb to get it registered and road legal. regarding the chassis and engine mod , yes there are formalities. before the start of the project there is a form (forgot the number) to be filled with the RTO . stating the changes and reasons.
Regarding the conti its the wheel base and the RWD properties, its heritage and moreover the cheap availability led me to buy it and do a project on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
Hi there konjaril. Its good to see enthusiastic people like you taking pain to restore an automobile! In one of your post's you've mentioned that your workshop is located at Viman Nagar. Can I sometime come over too see the modifications taking place?
Anytime buddy.PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
where are the pictures mate? I'm waiting to have a look at that V8.
Just till saturday man!

Last edited by Dippy : 21st November 2009 at 17:37. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 20th November 2009, 01:51   #114
BHPian

Hi Mates

Here are the details that Sunil wanted to post regarding RTO

Form BT
Declaration of alteration to a motor vehicle

Form B.T.I.
Notice in regard to alteration in a motor vehicle

you need to submit the form with Rs.8.0 (fee) along with list of alterations that you plan to do, once done RTO will return your form with approved list of alterations and the additional fee to be paid towards tax.

REITZ
Old 20th November 2009, 05:17   #115
SMK
BHPian

Where are the pics?? We are waiting for the pics reitz,sunil I know you guys must be all tied up with the work relating to beefing up things on the conti.

Please update some pics of the latest version. Desparately looking forward to the actual car
Old 21st November 2009, 17:31   #116
BHPian

its saturday dude. where are the pics? you cant do this to us.
Old 21st November 2009, 17:39   #117
BHPian

Where are the pics man.. Its been almost 2 weeks.. Ab to Saturday bhi aa gaya..
Old 21st November 2009, 19:15   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
its saturday dude. where are the pics? you cant do this to us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
Where are the pics man.. Its been almost 2 weeks.. Ab to Saturday bhi aa gaya..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Where are the pics?? We are waiting for the pics reitz,sunil I know you guys must be all tied up with the work relating to beefing up things on the conti.

Please update some pics of the latest version. Desparately looking forward to the actual car
Be patient guys ! I am sure we will get to see the pic's today or at the most tomorrow night.Dying to see the progress.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:35   #119
BHPian

Here i am guys. sorry to be the bearer of the bad news. no pics as in for today . as i got disappointed to take any. the v8 is delayed almost by one more week. well it broke my heart as i am an impatient bugger sometimes, so took no pics for you guys to atleast enjoy .
As in for the car in current state i have pics and will be uploading it tomorrow. please bear with a heart broken guy.
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:29   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Here i am guys. sorry to be the bearer of the bad news. no pics as in for today . as i got disappointed to take any. the v8 is delayed almost by one more week. well it broke my heart as i am an impatient bugger sometimes, so took no pics for you guys to atleast enjoy .
As in for the car in current state i have pics and will be uploading it tomorrow. please bear with a heart broken guy.
Wow! Sounds very interesting! I'd love to see this! I had heard of another V8 'tessa lying somewhere in Goa but I think that's a rumor! I'd really love to see this!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks