Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 14:48   #496
BHPian

Sorry for the confusion, I just called Mr Rao's number in bangalore and he says they are making some changes to the website, but the place (Padmininano) in Banashankari is still a distributor for Huper Optik. He gave me his website to look at Padmininano Products

Last edited by triedeverything : 17th February 2010 at 14:55.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:47   #497
BHPian

Ok, now that I've decided on the brand -Huper Optik, I'll need some help on the series. Basically I need as clear a film as possible with maximum heat rejection. I talked to the vendor and he recommends Huper Ceramic 60. Padmininano Products
Quote - 10,686
I've decided to go there tomorrow and check out the films. I will mostly install it tomorrow as well. Your inputs are appreciated.
Old 18th February 2010, 17:37   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
he recommends Huper Ceramic 60. Padmininano Products
Quote - 10,686
Is this the quote for ceramic-60 all around, including front windshield? and which car?

I was wondering what could be differences between ceramic-70 and klar-70? Both are ceramic (non-metallic) with very close specs, but I guess klar series is costlier (is it true?).
Old 18th February 2010, 17:56   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Is this the quote for ceramic-60 all around, including front windshield? and which car?

I was wondering what could be differences between ceramic-70 and klar-70? Both are ceramic (non-metallic) with very close specs, but I guess klar series is costlier (is it true?).
Scorpio - only for the front windshield.

See, now you know my dilemma
Old 18th February 2010, 18:13   #500
Senior - BHPian

That clears my 2nd doubt as well, good luck!
BTW, he had quoted me similar price for baleno- 9-10K each for front (klar-70), as well as for the rest (ceramic-50 or 60). Total reduced to about 16-17K. That gave me an impression of ceramic series being cheaper.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:58   #501
BHPian

My Honda dealer has quoted 12,000 for the combination of Vkool70 (Front) and VKool 40(Side and Rear) for my new ANHC.

IMO this is very cheap, the combination of 3M CR70+CR50 itself costs around 15K, V Kool combination should be higher.

I know this VKool combination for Civic cost around 32K.

I am unable to think what is the catch, he says V Kool people will install it and I will get the certificate / warranty card of V-Kool.

Any suggestions?
Old 20th February 2010, 07:37   #502
BHPian

I installed Huper Optik yesterday. Here are some details and pictures http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1742010-post120.html
Old 25th February 2010, 16:58   #503
BHPian

Quote:
I installed Huper Optik yesterday. Here are some details and pictures http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1742010-post120.html
Is there any change in visibility during night driving?
Can anyone make out that there is a sun-film when looking from outside?
Old 25th February 2010, 19:18   #504
BHPian

With the one I've put Klar 70, it is almost clear. I am yet to do significant amount of night driving, but the others who have used it say there is a reduction in glare from oncoming traffic
Old 25th February 2010, 20:25   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
My Honda dealer has quoted 12,000 for the combination of Vkool70 (Front) and VKool 40(Side and Rear) for my new ANHC.

IMO this is very cheap, the combination of 3M CR70+CR50 itself costs around 15K, V Kool combination should be higher.

I am unable to think what is the catch, he says V Kool people will install it and I will get the certificate / warranty card of V-Kool.

Any suggestions?
Either you are being ripped off, or all those who bought vkool till date have been ripped off!

My friend recently enquired for his ZX Plus. Vkool for the front alone costs around 9K. For the sides its around 11K.

I suggest you find a couple of other vkool dealers and generally shop around for the price. Once you have done that you can make an informed decision.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:38   #506
BHPian

Quote:
With the one I've put Klar 70, it is almost clear. I am yet to do significant amount of night driving, but the others who have used it say there is a reduction in glare from oncoming traffic
Great!
From the pictures, it looks like the shade is almost very clear when viewing from inside.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:16   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Either you are being ripped off, or all those who bought vkool till date have been ripped off!
- easy to guess, this one.

I second csentil - For scorp Vkool-70 front windscreen is between 8500 to 7500 depending on who you talk to.
However it is easy to verify Vkool products as genuine as long as you are getting it done in front of your eyes. so if you are getting this awesome deal, go for it - with the caveat that you are on the wrong side of the law with Vkool-40.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:51   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post

Any suggestions?

T-BHP user @vvrchandra recently got VKool Solitaire sun control films on his ANHC. And I remember him having paid around Rs 23k for the whole set. VKool guys had done the installation on his car and he received the warranty cards too.

Could it be possible that like 3M (SP series, CS series, RE series and CR series), VKool also has a series of sun films and the ones offered to you might be of a different quality as compared to the premium ones.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 26th February 2010 at 10:53.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:28   #509
BHPian

If I remember right, Vkool had diamond, solitaire and economy range for installations at their own stores.

They also have a lower end series which retails through showrooms only - this series under OEM1/OEM2 with variants like M10/M20/M35/M60 etc. The TSER is between 43 to 45% range but IRR rejection rates are poor - at max it is 55%.

as I write this, my scorp is getting a cladding of Vkool 70 and Golddust.
Old 26th February 2010, 18:24   #510
BHPian

Need advice on Sun Films

Hi Guys,
I want to put sun films on my Punto. Have been reluctant all this while because I feel night driving visibility may reduce. My budget is not very high. Have some questions as below.

1> Which brand series would be best for the 4 windows, I want to put within legal limits.

2> Does putting in the rear window affect the rear defogger or does the film get damaged when rear defogger is used at times?

3> For windows and rear will the same brand series suffice. Will it look odd if I just put on the windows.

4> Front windshield, I have read its expensive is it really worth to put in the front. Because legally the visibility should be high and the factory fitted glasses seem to be at 70-75% visibility already.

I want something which is reasonably priced and within legal limits which gives some privacy and keeps the cabin cool. Most importantly dont want very dark ones as I am not so comfortable at driving in the night.

Any addresses/contacts in Bangalore around ORR, Marathali, Koramangala will be of great help. Thanks

Last edited by samsan02 : 26th February 2010 at 18:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks