Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 15:57   #151
BHPian

ting-tong!! The time is 3:57pm and i still havent heard from our man!
He did email my friend last evening but there was no mention of a refund/ somehow sending the paint. He is just beating around te bush and giving excuses after excuses!
Inspite of so many people saying that he just needs to give it to the ksrtc driver and tip him, he is giving the excuses of sales tax, vat etc etc and how he doesnt wanna risk it!

I Doubt we'll get anything from him but im happy that people will think twice about approaching him for any business.

Frankly, if a person doesnt know how to handle a busines, he should either shut it down or employ someone competent enough to handle it. He must not put the clients to hardship!

@Vditech, have you tried sorting this out with the seller? If he is unwilling to listen or help, i think its a must that you discuss it with people here and find a solution. Its no use living in misery after spending so much money on the service, performance parts and car!

@The End, good example you have given there!

Last edited by james : 28th November 2009 at 15:59.
Old 28th November 2009, 19:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Zahin , how are you doing dude ? , lots of headache I could see . I guess any one can understand how it feels having being paid and the tons of calls being rejected or unanswered , true professionalism is to call the customer before he calls up .

Isn't it simple , just refund the amount and it should be DONE ! .

James keep us updated about car and bonnet work .
Old 28th November 2009, 20:06   #153
BHPian

Took me about an hour to read entire thread. Popcorn and diet coke helped .

Wish this thread gets closed with a full refund from Harrie.

OT: Wish some people refrain from posting comments that makes no sense and result in unwanted usage of TBHP bandwidth lol.
Old 28th November 2009, 20:23   #154
BHPian

12rr, Im doing good mate, thanks for askin'! Will keep you'll posted! But what happened to the smokin' 12r avatar?

MVj, I just saved you a movie ticket! now pass on the popcorn! My body needs food and energy!

No matter where you go, you'll find people who like saying things just for the heck of it! It doesnt have to make sense!

@ Karthik, any luck with the refund Harrie promised you coupla days ago?

Last edited by james : 28th November 2009 at 20:26.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:24   #155
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
OT: I have recently been at the receiving end of a VIPER FFE (Free Flow Exhaust ) transaction that went sour and has left my car un-motorable. I did leave a few messages on some thread and the tuner's faithfuls/friends just pounced on me! Hello! here is me, I got a bad product , my fault ? I lost the will to write a detailed review but ofcourse, I will only advise others about the tuner (if asked) from my experience !
We take such things VERY seriously. I've just had a look at the thread and the discussion seems fine. Do report any inappropriate posts or messages to us and we will take the required action.
Old 3rd December 2009, 21:10   #156
BHPian

Update: We still havent heard from Harrie! After all the explanations and jazz he gave, he disappeared again! :(
Old 11th December 2009, 22:17   #157
BHPian

Update! We still havent heard from Harrie!!

The good news is that i have had the car painted and she looks beautiful. Pics will follow in a coupla days. Ill be driving her to blore on the 20th and will take pics in some scenic place.

Mods, Could you'll please take some kinda' action against this member? It would be nice if you'll could remove all his adverts from the classified so that the chances of him swindling a fellow-member would be reduced! He is nothing but a cheat and a disgrace to this community!

P.S. I would appreciate it if you'll dont edit this post. He has cheated us, given us silly excuses and shamelessly disappeared again!!

Thanks
Zahin Aranha.
Old 12th December 2009, 07:57   #158
BHPian

after reading through 11 pages of the "tu tu main main", i must say that it doesnt seem like it is entirely this Harrie' fellows fault either.

If there were mechanical faults, shot suspensions etc etc, why did you pick up the car in the first place? All that sounds like an afterthought. Did the seller hold a gun to your head and force you to take the car? i dont think that is the case.

Sorry there is no other way of saying this, but this thread sounds like a classic case of buying in haste and then crying foul over getting a lemon. When buying a second hand car,its the buyers job to do due diligence and get the car thoroughly examined. I dont think the seller should be blamed for this!

as for all the paint hoo haa: yes harrie should have given you a refund since it has taken him so long. But then you havent helped matters by turning against him in the vicious manner and probably damgin his business. These matters have to be handled sensitively. Instead you have turned this forum into a platform for vindictively damnin someone for something that is clearly your fault.

Also, having found out that the car was bad while driving back from Coimbi, yet you decided to go back to the same person for a bonnet job? as compared to half a dozen excellent paint shops in Bangalore? something doesnt quite fit!

Finally, i would say that people should not turn T-BHP into a forum for brokering disputes or settling personal scores. T-BHP is not in the business of selling cars. Nor is it a consumer court. Take the personal disputes offline.

@Mods: I would suggest deletion of this entire thread.

Last edited by COUGAR : 12th December 2009 at 08:09.
Old 12th December 2009, 08:10   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
after reading through 11 pages of the "tu tu main main", i must say that it doesnt seem like it is entirely this Harrie' fellows fault either.

If there were mechanical faults, shot suspensions etc etc, why did you pick up the car in the first place? All that sounds like an afterthought. Did the seller hold a gun to your head and force you to take the car? i dont think that is the case.

Sorry there is no other way of saying this, but this thread sounds like a classic case of buying in haste and then crying foul over getting a lemon. When buying a second hand car,its the buyers job to do due diligence and get the car thoroughly examined. I dont think the seller should be blamed for this!

as for all the paint hoo haa: yes harrie should have given you a refund since it has taken him so long. But then you havent helped matters by turning against him in the vicious manner and probably damgin his business. These matters have to be handled sensitively. Instead you have turned this forum into a platform for vindictively damnin someone for something that is clearly your fault.

Finally, i would say that people should not turn T-BHP into a forum for brokering disputes or settling personal scores. T-BHP is not in the business of selling cars. Nor is it a consumer court.

@Mods: I would suggest deletion of this entire thread.
Here comes another judge. Sir could you please recommend some other way of getting the money back. Nobody is using this forum to settle personal scores. It's just that both the parties are member of this forum and hence are trying to resolve an issue. If you have a problem with this thread (which the moderators don't have) then kindly ignore it.
Old 12th December 2009, 08:25   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Here comes another judge. Sir could you please recommend some other way of getting the money back. Nobody is using this forum to settle personal scores. It's just that both the parties are member of this forum and hence are trying to resolve an issue. If you have a problem with this thread (which the moderators don't have) then kindly ignore it.
Anything posted on a public forum is open to discussion. You cant choose to hear what you want to hear. Since this "complaint" has been posted on a public forum, members can choose to give their opinion: which is what i have done.

Team-Bhp is not a consumer court to help people "get their money back". Since the forum was not involved in the original transaction: commercially or even notionally, there is no reason that the forum should be dragged into what is clearly a personal issue simmering for ever. Take those disputes elsewhere. Enuff said.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:03   #161
BHPian

Quote:

Apparently, you have not read all the pages. Else, how did you miss this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
WILL YOU PLEASE STOP BRINGING THE CAR INTO THE PICTURE!! THE CAR WAS BOUGHT IN JULY AND WE DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BUYING THE CAR IN AS IS WHERE IS CONDITION!!!!! PERIOD!!!!
Either that or you conspiciously brought the car again to the picture.

Quote:
as for all the paint hoo haa: yes harrie should have given you a refund since it has taken him so long.
Did he, afterall?

Quote:
But then you havent helped matters by turning against him in the vicious manner and probably damgin his business. These matters have to be handled sensitively. Instead you have turned this forum into a platform for vindictively damnin someone for something that is clearly your fault.
Receiving payment for a service, not delivering that on time, not attending calls, those are all the faults of the customer. Great point of view.

Quote:
Also, having found out that the car was bad while driving back from Coimbi, yet you decided to go back to the same person for a bonnet job? as compared to half a dozen excellent paint shops in Bangalore? something doesnt quite fit!
Because he was told the car's paint was a custom mix or something, IIRC.

Quote:
Finally, i would say that people should not turn T-BHP into a forum for brokering disputes or settling personal scores. T-BHP is not in the business of selling cars. Nor is it a consumer court. Take the personal disputes offline.
Since Team-BHP has a dedicated classified section, the forum does have a moral responsibility to bring facts into light and ensure that these kind of disputes does not arise in the future. If you shoot the messenger, how will you know what the message was?
Quote:
@Mods: I would suggest deletion of this entire thread
Old 12th December 2009, 09:28   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Because he was told the car's paint was a custom mix or something, IIRC.
The nature of the paint was discussed on another public thread if i am not mistaken. and paintjobs arent rocket science! Again if someone believed something blindly without doing his own DILIGENCE, then whose fault is it?

Harrie hasnt been the model of customer service, but the customer here hasnt exactly been looking out either. and that fact is established in the OP itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Since Team-BHP has a dedicated classified section, the forum does have a moral responsibility to bring facts into light and ensure that these kind of disputes does not arise in the future.
Third times the charm but again: the team-bhp forum is NOT a consumer court. We may have a classified section, but that doesnt make the forum a party to petty disputes that may arise later. Nor should we start a trend.

the classifieds section is meant as a means to enable members to share parts for a build. Commercials and any disputes arising out of those cannot and should not be allowed to vitiate the environment on the forum. TBHP is not responsible in any way for commercial transactions going sour.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:30   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Team-Bhp is not a consumer court to help people "get their money back". Since the forum was not involved in the original transaction: commercially or even notionally, there is no reason that the forum should be dragged into what is clearly a personal issue simmering for ever. Take those disputes elsewhere. Enuff said.
Thanks for enlightening us all. We were thinking that this was not a forum but a court

You sound even more agitated than the person whose money is at stake and I really don't know why.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:34   #164
BHPian

I suppose, some people just come with their views by only 'selectively' reading the thread.

James has repeatedly made it clear that its not about the condition of the car . Its convenient for some people to just hold him to that ( and that in my opinion should be left out of the discussion, its about the payment for so called CUSTOM MIX paint)

Now, the bottom line is, James and his friend paid for the Paint. Harrie should have either delivered it as promised or refunded the money promptly.

As a customer, if a product is not delivered, arent we entitled for a refund? If the same is not given then it could be deemed as fraud ! Lets not forget, James exhausted all options of contacting Harrie and gave him enough time!

Harrie can still come out as a better person, by offering an immediate refund but he has not done so !

How can we ignore the fact that, Harrie being in the line of business should have known better that he might not be able to ship the paint? Why should he promise and accept the money ?

I am sorry James, I dont think you will ever get your refund now. If Harrie really wanted to , he would have done it ages ago. Atleast, you did the right thing by writing a review. So, people can read and take their own decisions in the future.

Look forward to seeing the pics of the car now. We all learn something new every day. I have learnt a few things the hard way in past, be it buying land, car, builiding house, buying PC, buying TV. Bad experience only makes me wiser and ensures that same is not repeated again.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:38   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Thanks for enlightening us all. We were thinking that this was not a forum but a court

You sound even more agitated than the person whose money is at stake and I really don't know why.
no question of getting agitated. Just want to put a stop to a trend where professional whiners and keyboard warriors turn this forum into a platform for vindictive attacks following commercial deals struck offline going sour!

Quote:
I suppose, some people just come with their views by only 'selectively' reading the thread.
selectively or otherwise: this forum should not be setting a wrong trend by discussing commercial transactions struck offline between members. People who do that are doing it at their own risk and the forum is in no way concerned with that. Lets not start a trend.

the objective on this forum is to discuss cars and let us stick to that. On this thread atleast, the car is nowhere in the picture and it has become about individuals and Money.

The forum is not involved in commercial transactions between members and there is no reason for using this forum to indulge in mudslinging. Do it offline.

Last edited by COUGAR : 12th December 2009 at 09:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks