Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 07:41   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Harrie is using Tbhp as a base for all his 'activities' and we need to put an end to it!
Not only Harrie, there are lot of members here who do business through PM with out declaring the same in the forum. But saying that Some are doing this to help you out without seeking profit and some purely doing for profit.

The moment you post some particular queries like Insurance, Carparts, Carpc, Sunfilm, etc you get PM's.

I think we need a Hall of Shame thread here to alert the members.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:09   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The moment you post some particular queries like Insurance, Carparts, Carpc, Sunfilm, etc you get PM's.
You can alert the mods about the PM and they will take necessary action.

Quote:
the engine was heating up due to our clastal climate.
Please get this checked. This shouldn't happen AFAIK. Farhan has the same car, same engine, with a regular metal bonnet. I have seen it being put through its paces on track, as well as on the streets of Chennai, and I don't think he has similar issues. Mivecs do not normally overheat.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:57   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Also FREE labour charges.

You do your fight with Harry boy later.

Any thing for a CAR.
Well said Mr. Kadam.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

Please get this checked. This shouldn't happen AFAIK. Farhan has the same car, same engine, with a regular metal bonnet. I have seen it being put through its paces on track, as well as on the streets of Chennai, and I don't think he has similar issues. Mivecs do not normally overheat.
V1p3r, The car doesnt overheat and shut down or anything. The temp needle is always in the middle of the guage. Its just that when we stand next to the engine bay(closed/open) we can feel the heat coming from the engine and its very very hot!! As this car will be used for long distance travel, we would like to minimize the heat with vents on top. It should help to a certain extent.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:36   #110
BHPian

Whoa!!! What a way to start the morning....

Quote:
Hi guys,
On the way we experienced a lot of problems with the car but managed to reach blore. ...... We were unable to reach Harris throughout this time. By evening we were off to mangalore and reached home safely in about 8hrs.
Its Harrie... I am not sure if you were with arun throughout... Because the next day morning, i spoke with him and tried arranging for a belt for you from coimbatore. I also told arun that incase i was not reachable on my regular number to use my personal number which I carry at all times.

Quote:
In september, my friend got back to Harrie and asked him to alter a bonnet and make vents over the engine as the engine was heating up due to our clastal climate. He had discussed this with harrie while purchasing the car as he has a small workshop where he modifies cars.

My friend returned from the ship in the first week of november and transfered 19.5k to Harrie for the Bonnet and paint(customized 3 stage pearl orange costing 9.5k if i recall correctly).
The exact quote was 5625/ for the paint. Please refer to the email I had sent to arun. It has a excel sheet invoice with it.

Quote:
The bonnet reached in a few days time with dents here and there but it was ok as it could always be fixed.
Exactly why I told arun, i cant ship it painted. Incase it gets damaged in transit ( high chance it will ), you can get it fixed for a few hundred bucks.

Quote:
The paint wasnt with the parcel and on enquiring with Harris, he said the courier Co. does not accept paints as they are inflamable, and promised to somehow send it to us within a few days. We checked with the courier Co. here and they told us that they do not accept paints.
I am sure they would also have told you why they cant accept? Or that you can send it across provided you sign a declaration of undertaking stating that you will be responsible for any damages that might occur?

Quote:
Days went by but we never heard from Harris nor did he answer our calls. Then one fine day we get a message from him stating that he was out of town and would send the paint asap. We were fine with that and sat waiting for the paint.

Quote:

On the 20th of oct, my friend had to join the ship for an emergency sail and asked me to followup with Harrie and see to the painting work. I called him up towards the end of Oct for an update. He finally answered the call and asked me to call after an hour as he was yet to check on the status of the courier. He had completely forgotten about the courier. In the meanwhile the car was at the mitsubishi dealer for some work followed by painting. One fine day the dealer gives me a call asking me to move the car as the parking fees had already amounted to quite a bit.. Car was brought home and i frantically started calling Harris for the paint status. All he did was reject my calls or just let it ring.. I used to call about 50-60 times a day but i just couldt get through to him.. From then on i made about 50+ calls to him everyday but in vain.

One fine day he sent me a message saying he'll let me know the status by 2pm as he was in a meeting. he even sent an email to my friend regarding the same. But needles to say i never heard from him. Today is the 23rd and he still hasnt gotten back to me/ answered my numerous calls/ replied to my friends email.
1. The paint was intially handed over to VRL to ship it out. They accepted the parcel and didnt intimate anything. On seeing the contents in the bill, they decided not to send it and put it in their storage. I was not informed of this and had to send my guy running behind them for a week to trace it.

2. This is when I had to go out of town for regarding my other business - foundry which also happens to be my bread and butter. Just that I happened to be in a place near hospet at a client's place as a part of a ongoing project. I still had my personal number with me and a KA number. But I cant say I answered all the calls on all three of the numbers I was carrying. I know i missed quite a lot of calls but cant really help it because I cant pull out my mobile and take calls every 5 mins.

3. The paint all 750ml set of it is still in coimbatore. There is no way I can ship it out without asking for trouble. I cant ship it out as something else, because as of last year all cross - border shipments even through bus services must carry a commercial invoice. I cannot sign a risk undertaking and ship it out and later be held responsible if something untoward happens.

4. I even spoke to the paint shop who supply me the paints to check if they can by some means arrange for a shipment. I handed over the parcel to them hoping they will be able to work out something. This was why I said I forgot about it when you had first called. I did re-check with them, but they too were not able to send it.

5. I am sorry I could'nt answer your calls the last one week, because i left the phone ( which also was doubling up as my internet connection ) back home when I was leaving. So I couldnt email or text you.

I am back in coimbatore and will be here for the next two days. Let me know what you want to do.

P.S - I dont have to cheat you of something like 5k or so. Please dont think I get to make something great by not sending you the paint or something. If this 5k were to be of great importance to me, there are ways I could have made it up or something. If you remember, the spare wheel which was in the boot was a esteem rim. I gave you the alloy and tire saying the esteem's might not be suitable if you have a puncture in the front. I gave you off something for which I paid 8k without thinking twice.

Dude, please dont get worked up over this. I am sorry for any inconveniences, but then I really couldnt help it.

If you still think, I am responsible, please go ahead and file a complaint.

End of the day, I am not a "Cutlet Selling Low Life Broker" who has to con to make a living or buy parts for my ride. No offences.

@Karthik247, bro, sorry about the delay with the tires. It was handed over to a friend who was supposed to come down to bangalore. Will check on the status and get back to you today.

Last edited by GTO : 25th November 2009 at 10:30. Reason: No personal postal addresses on a public forum please
Old 25th November 2009, 09:56   #111
BHPian

Now that an apology has been tendered, with a refund this should be shut.
Harrie, the reasons for delay and not taking calls etc may be justified from your end but not from a customers perspective. All that you had to do was return one call when you had so many missed calls / sms. The whole thing could have been avoided.

Both of you can go home happy now!
Old 25th November 2009, 09:59   #112
BHPian

Wow..finally... Good that you showed up Harrie. Better late than never. Hope matters will be cleared soon now.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:07   #113
BANNED

Wow at last Harrie is here.

Quote:
5. I am sorry I could'nt answer your calls the last one week, because i left the phone ( which also was doubling up as my internet connection ) back home when I was leaving. So I couldnt email or text you.
This was little hard to digest as your last activity here logged as on
Quote:
Last Activity: 23rd November 2009 15:31
Plus: you have one more thread related to you. please have a look.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ed-bhpian.html

Hope you clear all those problems/doubts.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:10   #114
BHPian

Thanks Harrie for clearing the air. But, it was in deed a long wait to get your answers.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:28   #115
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
James dude,

If you have time, please do send the bonnet over to me, i'll get my team to help you with the paint shade and painting.

Also FREE labour charges.

You do your fight with Harry boy later.

Any thing for a CAR.
Hats off to your spirit, Pavan ! Even though you have nothing to do with this deal, or how it soured, your offer to sort things right....if only for the car.....is unbelievable. Anyone who said car guys are crazy was probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Wildon, we would highly appreciate support from members such as yourself in maintaining the quality of this community. Please bring any such instances to our notice. Simply forward the PM to me and I'll take care of it.

For the record, we have zero tolerance against backdoor marketing. Straight ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
I am sorry for any inconveniences
Harrie, refunding the money ASAP will probably be the best resolution & closure to this matter.

And if I may suggest, maintaining an open line of communication - at all times - with clients is imperative. When things go wrong, and client calls are avoided, that's when the situation snowballs into a larger one.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:31   #116
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for clarifying. James since Harrie has responded, in my personal opinion i would suggest you to work out a suitable refund and close this.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:34   #117
Senior - BHPian

Disclaimer: I have never met harrie nither i have spoken to him, i am just writing this as part of my entitlement of writing my openion about this whole incident.

James i have been following this thread since begning, and i purposfully decided not to speak till harrie replies, now that harrie has posted his reply, there are many things he brought to light which were not specified by you. I am not being a judge here nither am i getting any pleasure by quoting to what you said,

Quote:
Harrie is using Tbhp as a base for all his 'activities' and we need to put an end to it!
Dude you have crossed the line, you have said many things which you shouldn't have said. Your deal happened off team BHP it should have stayed off team BHP, unless you had brought to light the "complete facts", how can you not have exact facts before you make open accusitions. As for the costs of the stuff mentioned by you itself has lot of discrepancies, you said he charged your friend 9.5k for the paint and then said 7.5k and now final figure is 5.5k(from harrie's post). I am sure you are not so naive that you did not know the name of the custom paint job on the car, he has a whole thread about it, which speaks of the costs of the paint as well and the place from where he aquired it. If i remember all the details just because i also own a lancer, why can't you remember it if you own the very same lancer? You have mentioned about niggling issues with elictricals and suspension, when you broke the whole alloy by hitting a pot hole wont it affect the suspension.

Anyways this is not a personal attack and i know there might be huge number of members who might think my comments are inappropriate, however harrie could have stayed off the forum without replying in this thread, but he chose to put explain his side, lets say if he comes out clean how do we think of fixing the 'defaming his name thing' we all who never dealt with him did? Guys we have to understand the difference between resonable and unreasonable service demands, let me clarify by unreasonable i do not mean putting your hard earned money and not getting a result. James an easy way would have been you personally going back to Harrie and fix it at your convinient time, you knew where he lives and just take your car there get it fixed, talk it out like matured men and come to a middle ground, rather throwing mud on people like this. This harrie dude have put his personal pictures on this forum taken along his family members, its hard for me to believe he is a con and using this forum for his 'activities', when all of a sudden i see him getting defamed overnight its kind of little disturbing for me. Tells me that no one is safe, you just throw an egg at some one there is a whole bunch of people to support you without knowing the fact, its like calling some one murderer and sitting back till the person proves he is not guily. Just my two cents, i am sorry if i hurt anyone but it kind of feels like dejavu.

Pramod
Old 25th November 2009, 11:02   #118
BHPian

Firstly, thanks for replying!! My replies are in bold! Sorry for misspelling you name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Whoa!!! What a way to start the morning....

Its Harrie... I am not sure if you were with arun throughout... Because the next day morning, i spoke with him and tried arranging for a belt for you from coimbatore. I also told arun that incase i was not reachable on my regular number to use my personal number which I carry at all times.
I was with Arun throughout the time. You didnt answer his calls in the begining and answerd only when he called from my phone. After that you didnt even respond to calls from my number. The next day you answered one of his calls and told him that you'll check with your mech regarding the belt and get back to us/send it to mlore.

The exact quote was 5625/ for the paint. Please refer to the email I had sent to arun. It has a excel sheet invoice with it.
Extract from the email between you and Arun -->
Quote:
Base Coat - 2200 INR
Quote:
Pearl Coat - 3400 INR
Clear - 1900 INR
1L Set of paint, pearl, clear, hardner & thinner ( in the appropriate ratio ) - 7500.
I would suggest you get like 750ml. What ever is excess you can stock it up for later use.

Exactly why I told arun, i cant ship it painted. Incase it gets damaged in transit ( high chance it will ), you can get it fixed for a few hundred bucks.
And this is exactly what we are doing. Again, i clearly mentioned in the thread that we are not worried bout the bonnet as its metal and can be fixed.

I am sure they would also have told you why they cant accept? Or that you can send it across provided you sign a declaration of undertaking stating that you will be responsible for any damages that might occur?
Yes i checked with them and they told us the same. They also told us that it can be sent via bus by tipping the driver or even through courier like professional/dtdc after packing it really well.
KSRTC has busses coming to mlore and the driver would be happy to take the paint for 100 bucks.

1. The paint was intially handed over to VRL to ship it out. They accepted the parcel and didnt intimate anything. On seeing the contents in the bill, they decided not to send it and put it in their storage. I was not informed of this and had to send my guy running behind them for a week to trace it.
This happened in October, right? Dont you followup on your dealings? After a coupla days when Arun told you that the paint has not reached, you told him that you'll check and never got back to him/ answered his calls. You said you were caught up with some work at in court with regards to some traffic fine.

2. This is when I had to go out of town for regarding my other business - foundry which also happens to be my bread and butter. Just that I happened to be in a place near hospet at a client's place as a part of a ongoing project. I still had my personal number with me and a KA number. But I cant say I answered all the calls on all three of the numbers I was carrying. I know i missed quite a lot of calls but cant really help it because I cant pull out my mobile and take calls every 5 mins.
How can someone ignore over 50 missed calls in a day? Dont you think i deserved a call back? If you were out of town and didnt have your phone, who was using it? Who was on the line when i was calling? Didnt they have any common sense to inform you that someone is leaving 40-50 missed calls day in and day out and you need to look into the matter? And you received my call one day and asked me to call in an hour.. After that you never answered my calls.. Didnt you know i was waiting? I even told you that i need the paint asap or they'll charge me parking charges.

3. The paint all 750ml set of it is still in coimbatore. There is no way I can ship it out without asking for trouble. I cant ship it out as something else, because as of last year all cross - border shipments even through bus services must carry a commercial invoice. I cannot sign a risk undertaking and ship it out and later be held responsible if something untoward happens.
As i and a coupla dozen members have already mentioned, you could have sent it with a ksrtc bus driver for 100 bucks. He would definately take it as its equal to half his day's sal/ coupla pegs of country booze.

4. I even spoke to the paint shop who supply me the paints to check if they can by some means arrange for a shipment. I handed over the parcel to them hoping they will be able to work out something. This was why I said I forgot about it when you had first called. I did re-check with them, but they too were not able to send it.
When i called, you said you'll have to check with the courier guys and not any paint wala. Besides, when you found out what was happening/reason for delay, didnt you deem it necessary to inform me/Arun?

What?!? The last one week? more like from the end of October. Im sure thats more than a week!!

I am back in coimbatore and will be here for the next two days. Let me know what you want to do.
I, rather Arun wants a refund as we already sourced the paint!

P.S - I dont have to cheat you of something like 5k or so. Please dont think I get to make something great by not sending you the paint or something. If this 5k were to be of great importance to me, there are ways I could have made it up or something. If you remember, the spare wheel which was in the boot was a esteem rim. I gave you the alloy and tire saying the esteem's might not be suitable if you have a puncture in the front. I gave you off something for which I paid 8k without thinking twice.
Thew spare wheel in the boot from the time we first saw the car was a momo immitation rim with scraped paint and a bend(slight) in it. I believe the tyre was brand new though. Anyway, it was in the car before the payment was made.. So technically we paid for it as we bought the entire package in "as is where is" conditon. Funnily, we did have a puncture in the front. The tyre was punctured once before and the hole was big. Thus the hole filling thingie came out. The puncture was fixed but later the tyre had to be changed as we didnt wanna risk a blowout at high speed.

Dude, please dont get worked up over this. I am sorry for any inconveniences, but then I really couldnt help it.
Thats all you have been saying, Harrie! It doesnt help anymore as a sorry doesnt deliver the promised goods!!

If you still think, I am responsible, please go ahead and file a complaint. My mailing address is

Sajeeth M,
No:4, Anna nagar first main road, peelamedu, coimbatore 641004.

It comes under the peelamedu b6 police station jurisdiction.
You can go ahead and file a FIR and later register a complaint based on that.
If we dont get a fair deal, that will probably have to be my only go! With a discussion i had with a lawyer friend, its clear that i can lodge a complaint with the cyber crime cell but tbhp will be dragged into it as it will be looked at as a medium though which you conducted your activities. I do NOT want that to happen as i think of this community as my own extended family. Ofcourse tbhp will not be held responsible in anyway but it wouldnt be good to drag them into all this.

End of the day, I am not a "Cutlet Selling Low Life Broker" who has to con to make a living or buy parts for my ride. No offences.
From all the cases i have heard about, you very certainly have conned people of small and big amounts. No offence!

@Karthik247, bro, sorry about the delay with the tires. It was handed over to a friend who was supposed to come down to bangalore. Will check on the status and get back to you today.

my next reply will be at 1330hrs as ive to get back to my books now..

Last edited by james : 25th November 2009 at 11:17.
Old 25th November 2009, 13:11   #119
Senior - BHPian

Harrie, all you had to do was return one call out of the many calls/sms. Why did you have to wait till a thread was started in Team BHP ?
Old 25th November 2009, 13:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Harrie,

You may have a million valid excuses for not delivering the paint, but try to look at it at it from a customer's perspective. To him he's paid for something and not received it. that's it. To the customer it doesn't matter what you were or weren't doing. Put yourself in his shoes - wouldn't you be frustrated?

Refund the money and end this issue.

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks