Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 13:50   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Harrie, refunding the money ASAP will probably be the best resolution & closure to this matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Thanks for clarifying. James since Harrie has responded, in my personal opinion i would suggest you to work out a suitable refund and close this.
Rush and Jaggu, this is exactly what we want now! to settle this matter and get a refund.
Also, i would like Harrie to understand that he must keep all means of communication open and should be in constant touch with his clients/customers. If he has a personal problem due to which he is unable to deliver the goods, he should atleast keep the waiting client in the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

Dude you have crossed the line, you have said many things which you shouldn't have said. Your deal happened off team BHP it should have stayed off team BHP, unless you had brought to light the "complete facts", how can you not have exact facts before you make open accusitions. As for the costs of the stuff mentioned by you itself has lot of discrepancies, you said he charged your friend 9.5k for the paint and then said 7.5k and now final figure is 5.5k(from harrie's post). I am sure you are not so naive that you did not know the name of the custom paint job on the car, he has a whole thread about it, which speaks of the costs of the paint as well and the place from where he aquired it. If i remember all the details just because i also own a lancer, why can't you remember it if you own the very same lancer? You have mentioned about niggling issues with elictricals and suspension, when you broke the whole alloy by hitting a pot hole wont it affect the suspension.

Anyways this is not a personal attack and i know there might be huge number of members who might think my comments are inappropriate, however harrie could have stayed off the forum without replying in this thread, but he chose to put explain his side, lets say if he comes out clean how do we think of fixing the 'defaming his name thing' we all who never dealt with him did? Guys we have to understand the difference between resonable and unreasonable service demands, let me clarify by unreasonable i do not mean putting your hard earned money and not getting a result. James an easy way would have been you personally going back to Harrie and fix it at your convinient time, you knew where he lives and just take your car there get it fixed, talk it out like matured men and come to a middle ground, rather throwing mud on people like this. This harrie dude have put his personal pictures on this forum taken along his family members, its hard for me to believe he is a con and using this forum for his 'activities', when all of a sudden i see him getting defamed overnight its kind of little disturbing for me. Tells me that no one is safe, you just throw an egg at some one there is a whole bunch of people to support you without knowing the fact, its like calling some one murderer and sitting back till the person proves he is not guily. Just my two cents, i am sorry if i hurt anyone but it kind of feels like dejavu.

Pramod
Hi pramod, thanks for your advice.. I suggest you go through the complete thread again.
I have already mentioned about the suspension. The alloy was craxked and letting out air. Why are you raking up the same issue when i have mentioned a million times that this is not about the car and we are happy with the car. ITS ONLY ABOUT THE PAINT!! The rear suspension arms were gone and the front went into the pothole. The rear was making noise right from the begining but we were told it was he muffler!! Please dont bring up this topic just for the sake of it!
Regarding the amount paid for the paint, i mentioned that im not sure about the exact amount. When my friend located the email between him and Harrie, he forwarded it to me and i posted again that i am unable to change the post and i am putting up the correct price. But what diference does the price make here? He was paid over 5k 6k 75 whatever for services that we didnt receive and he didnt deem it necessary followup or keep us in the loop or even answer my calls.
If you bothered to go through the entire thread, you would have realized that we were mislead that the paint was a custom mix. Also, no paint shop in mangalore stocks anything close to the colour we needed.
This topic came up on tbhp as we saw the advert here and purchased the stuff.
Personally going back to Harrie? Are you saying i should go all the way back to coimbi from mangalore and speak to him? We dont even know his address. We just had his phone # and he wasnt answering it. If he bothered answering my calls/sms/emails, this thread wouldnt come up here.
And just because Someone has putup pics of his family and kid, he becomes a nice man and can never con anyone??

Last edited by james : 25th November 2009 at 13:59. Reason: had to add another note
Old 25th November 2009, 13:57   #122
BHPian

I was following the thread closely and now feel that an amicable settlement will be reached soon, both parties need to cool down and please stop the sledging.

James, please accept Harrie's apology and move on with your work, I am sure you have other priorities in life.

Harrie, next time please be more careful & more considerate to your customers.

Sincerely hope that this thread will be closed soon.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:20   #123
BHPian

I am surprised at many of the early replies. How can one forget the money paid for a service? If you go to a hotel, pay Rs.5 for a coffee coupon, go to a counter and hand over the coupon. If you dont get the coffee even after an hour, and there is no one at the counter, will you just walk out? Really surprised that such posts were made here and also the tone of some comments. Anyways, Harrie atlast came here and made a post, but he just asks what does the OP wants to do. OP has repeatedly mentioned he wants a refund.

Whew! This is something I say. Really infuriates me.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:27   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hi pramod, thanks for your advice.. I suggest you go through the complete thread again.
I have already mentioned about the suspension. The alloy was craxked and letting out air. Why are you raking up the same issue when i have mentioned a million times that this is not about the car and we are happy with the car. ITS ONLY ABOUT THE PAINT!! The rear suspension arms were gone and the front went into the pothole. The rear was making noise right from the begining but we were told it was he muffler!! Please dont bring up this topic just for the sake of it!
Look james i do not even know you personally nither do i know harrie, As you mentioned its your/your friends hard earned money my 2 cents, had i been you i would have checked atleast the thread and review about the car and all the posts from the member before taking a call, common we people are educated and we have checklists to look for when buying a used car, its difficult for me to belive you did not research. He had clearly mentioned he picked up the lancer and he changed the paint from the lambo catalouge but anyways, James i feel he had been nice in atleast cooperating with you, i remember i brought my first car from my best friends own uncle(who i know from childhood) i was passed on a 5 owner car and some old bad battery, i took it with a pinch of salt and i am not advising you to do so, but see there are many people who have replied to your posts. I understand you are raged because of your/your friends loss but it does not give you the right to gangup against this guy. Your problem is with a guy not with a firm, you do not a mob support to settle this.

Quote:
Regarding the amount paid for the paint, i mentioned that im not sure about the exact amount. When my friend located the email between him and Harrie, he forwarded it to me and i posted again that i am unable to change the post and i am putting up the correct price. But what diference does the price make here? He was paid over 5k 6k 75 whatever for services that we didnt receive and he didnt deem it necessary followup or keep us in the loop or even answer my calls.
This is not justified, no matter what the reason be he should have returned a call atleaset, but please give him the benifit of doubt and see if some reasonable solution can be worked out.

Quote:
If you bothered to go through the entire thread, you would have realized that we were mislead that the paint was a custom mix. Also, no paint shop in mangalore stocks anything close to the colour we needed.
Thats your comment, why should people belive it just because you said it first? He has a public thread on team BHP which clearly mentions this. We all know these are selling points of the seller, i have custome this and that on the car. But its the buyers responsiblity to also find out replacements in case once the car is brought. God forbid if a shunt happens what will you do then? ask for paint from him?

Quote:
This topic came up on tbhp as we saw the advert here and purchased the stuff.
Personally going back to Harrie? Are you saying i should go all the way back to coimbi from mangalore and speak to him? We dont even know his address. We just had his phone # and he wasnt answering it. If he bothered answering my calls/sms/emails, this thread wouldnt come up here.
And just because Someone has putup pics of his family and kid, he becomes a nice man and can never con anyone??

Common James we all know during this current age of terrisom we all are supposed to check all of the buyers and sellers details, how can you miss this critical part. The RC has his address, BTW did he drop the car mid way, i dont think so, you went and picked it up right? so you do not know where you picked it up from.

James,

Its just a personal thought that you have steriotyped this guy, now whatever he does looks bad to you. Please have this sorted out.

MODS: please close this thread as this is defaming an individual, without adequate proof of cheating many have made comments, this forum has highest standards and respects for individuals and even a single attack on its users is not tolerated. Lets close this thread as it has already run pages now.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:34   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
had i been you i would have checked atleast the thread and review about the car and all the posts from the member before taking a call, common we people are educated and we have checklists to look for when buying a used car, its difficult for me to belive you did not research.
Pramod, no offense, but have you actually read the full thread? Not sure why you're going on & on about the car when James has clarified (multiple times) that it is not about the car but about the fact that money was paid for paint that wasn't received. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote:
MODS: please close this thread as this is defaming an individual, without adequate proof of cheating many have made comments, this forum has highest standards and respects for individuals and even a single attack on its users is not tolerated. Lets close this thread as it has already run pages now.
Who is he defaming? He has just stated facts and asked for a refund of the money taken for the paint. Just the money taken for the paint. What is wrong with that? LOL

Last edited by suman : 25th November 2009 at 14:35.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:20   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Pramod, no offense, but have you actually read the full thread? Not sure why you're going on & on about the car when James has clarified (multiple times) that it is not about the car but about the fact that money was paid for paint that wasn't received. Why is this so hard to understand?
Suman,

This point was made because he said he was made to belive the paint is a custom mix and no workshop in mangalore can handle it, BTW i was the first few to read this thread with 0 replies and 2 views. I have decided not to reply as i was eager to know the other side as well. I sympathise with james and starting a thread was the best decission. However a lot of people started this mud sling without any personal experiences. I do not belive in building perceptions.

Quote:
Who is he defaming? He has just stated facts and asked for a refund of the money taken for the paint. Just the money taken for the paint. What is wrong with that? LOL
Well LOL to you too, this is the tittle of the thread on another forum "Do NOT Trust This Member", now dosent that sound defamatory? My only question is Harrie pays money back, now what? will all these things be undone. James has the right to question harrie, but the choice of words used were little below the belt. I heared a lot of people sending PMS to james and a lot others coming up with issues, if this person is that bad why didnt anyone else come up earlier? Little hard to believe, thats it.

Pramod
Old 25th November 2009, 15:39   #127
BHPian

Quote:
My only question is Harrie pays money back, now what? will all these things be undone. James has the right to question harrie, but the choice of words used were little below the belt.
Pramod, ifs, buts and maybe!! Lets see if i get a refund first. And so what if he refunds the money? He did something wrong and unacceptable and he should face the consequences. These things do not need to be undone!! People should be cautious of dealing with him in future. This is all part of business! His reputation will surely be damaged as all the cases come up but its upto him to sort out things and rebuild his reputation!!

You said my choice of words were were below the belt?? I am very frustrated but i definately didnt hit below the belt, say anything cheap, dirty or bad!! As per the rules, i have kept everything clean!

Quote:
this is the tittle of the thread on another forum "Do NOT Trust This Member", now dosent that sound defamatory?
Did i start that thread? Why is it being made to sound like i have started that thread and i am defaming him? what are you getting at, Pramod?

Last edited by james : 25th November 2009 at 15:46.
Old 25th November 2009, 15:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well LOL to you too, this is the tittle of the thread on another forum "Do NOT Trust This Member", now dosent that sound defamatory?
Why bring what is posted on "another forum" into this when we (as in readers on this forum) do not have any visibility to it?

I think James posts on this thread have been extremely clear & concise so I'm not sure why you want this thread to be closed on grounds of defamation.

Anyway, TEHO.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why bring what is posted on "another forum" into this when we (as in readers on this forum) do not have any visibility to it?

I think James posts on this thread have been extremely clear & concise so I'm not sure why you want this thread to be closed on grounds of defamation.

Anyway, TEHO.

I am sorry, i eat my words. I will not post anymore on this thread.

Pramod
Old 25th November 2009, 16:11   #130
CDM
BHPian

Guys, at the cost of repeating what I had said earlier in this thread, I think the prime issue in this case is the trust of one bhpian on another. Let us not reduce t-bhp classified to unscrupulous used car dealer levels.

I had said that I did not wish to be judgmental about Harrie and I glad that I did so. I agree with pramodkumar that damage has already been caused to Harrie's reputation but who is to blame for this?

Harrie could easily have sorted out this issue by an explanation or a refund to James but chose instead not to respond. In all the complaints against Harrie on t-bhp the refusal to respond seems to be a common thread. Personally, I would be as mad (if not madder) than James if I had paid some money to a seller who was neither delivering the goods not responding to my messages.

Anyways, now that Harrie has put forward his view its best for all if he returns the money and closes this issue.

CDM
Old 25th November 2009, 16:29   #131
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I've dealt with Harrie a couple of times. Which included both buying from him, and selling to him. It all went super smooth.

I find it ridiculously hard to believe that one well-known Team Bhpian would scam another in the following manner, i.e. take payment for an item and not ship at all. Secondly, it is even more impossible that the concerned member would put his credibility at stake for something that costs 7-8k. From my understanding of the discussion here, it looks like Harrie has been plain lethargic in handling this particular transaction, i.e. the amount of time taken, not answering calls, responding to emails etc. This is definitely not acceptable from a customer's point of view. Hope there's a speedy and cordial resolution.
Old 25th November 2009, 16:48   #132
BHPian

Mob violence

I have seen and heard of mob violence on the street. What's happening here is just an e-version of the same. Without even knowing the issue completely (the true story) or the person they are talking about, some people are very casually passing judgments.

NOTE: I'm not talking about the concerned perties here. But the others who replied in this thread.

Last edited by MadRash : 25th November 2009 at 17:00. Reason: Added note and changed the tone
Old 25th November 2009, 16:55   #133
BHPian

Communication Gap !

Harrie, can atleast make a call to James, give his explanation, and refund the money to Arun - if it is genuinely payable.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:53   #134
BHPian

Well, Harrie read the entire thread this morning and i still havent received a call/ sms from him. All i got was a pm regarding his v1p3r related explanation thread and not a word about the paint.. Neither did my friend get an email from him as of 12 noon.

OT: I got a call from the painter. While scraping off the shoddy base coat, he found out that the design in front of the vent was made of laampi an inch thick in places. If he paints over this, bubbles will form after a while due to engine heat. Is this true? it had bubbles on the base already. He showed me pics of cars that he has worked on where the denter made those designs with metal and thats how its supposed to be.
For guys who stay in mangalore, the painter is Sri Nidhi works at kulur.. The same guy who does the denting for all the mercs, BMW's, porsche's, sbk's etc etc.. his work is is excellent. Thanks to a friend who directed me there.
Additional kharcha of 7-8k for the metal design work and smoothining the metal on the entire bonnet there by reducing the use of laampi to about 15%.
Here are 2 pics of the bonnet and the laampi design.
Bad experience with a custom bonnet job-bonnet.jpg
Bad experience with a custom bonnet job-bonnet-1.jpg

EDIT: For the guys who want to know why Arun isnt posting here, he is very very angry and frustrated. Being on the ship, his only means of communication is through email and thats making him angry as he cannot speak to Harrie and give him a piece of his mind.. Thats why im doing the talking!

Harrie, incase you lost my number, its 9886922456. Thx

Last edited by james : 25th November 2009 at 18:04.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:23   #135
Senior - BHPian

James, I really appreciate you for the way you are handling this thread in a very matured manner

Not responding to so many missed calls clearly explains the attitude & Iam glad that I did not ended up doing any transactions with any such members. I could clearly understand the pain your friend should be in...... Best thing is to remove yourselves from such unpleasant non-productive situations. Its not worth spending more money to retrieve the lost amount as idiots will drag you to their level and beat you with their experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks