Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2009, 09:42   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
Harrie hasnt been the model of customer service.
.That sir, is the whole point of this thread.

Quote:
Third times the charm but again: the team-bhp forum is NOT a consumer court. We may have a classified section, but that doesnt make the forum a party to petty disputes that may arise later. Nor should we start a trend.
How is this different from, let's say, "Skoda cheating customer" thread?

Is T-BHP a consumer court? Certainly not.

Is T-BHP a consumer forum? It sure is.

And when a consumer comes out and says that he has been duped, should we say "You are a fool" and turn our backs?

Quote:
the classifieds section is meant as a means to enable members to share parts for a build. Commercials and any disputes arising out of those cannot and should not be allowed to vitiate the environment on the forum. TBHP is not responsible in any way for commercial transactions going sour.
And what is the environment and/or the purpose of this forum? To say only nice things? To become ostriches?

There were/are a lot of threads/posts exposing people doing dishonest business, especially in Indian automotive sector. I don't see this thread any different from those.

Last edited by darklord : 12th December 2009 at 09:46.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:46   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no question of getting agitated. Just want to put a stop to a trend where professional whiners and keyboard warriors turn this forum into a platform for vindictive attacks following commercial deals struck offline going sour!

The forum is not involved in commercial transactions between members and there is no reason for using this forum to indulge in mudslinging. Do it offline.
People use these forums to further their own business.
Old 12th December 2009, 09:51   #168
BHPian

cougar@Mods: I would suggest deletion of this entire thread

cougar did you read the first post?

[Totally frustrated and with no other go, i decided to pm a mod and ask if i could go ahead with a thread regarding the whole episode. I got a go ahead from them]

i think that the mods are more than competent they have given permission for the posting of this thread and allowed it to run for so long

cougar- the classifieds section is meant as a means to enable members to share parts for a build. Commercials and any disputes arising out of those cannot and should not be allowed to vitiate the environment on the forum. TBHP is not responsible in any way for commercial transactions going sour.

hey man i dont think anyone has held team bhp responsible. whats your problem with this thread ? i think its a good way of letting other members know about this harrie guy so that they would be more careful while dealing with him.if you dont like it than dont read it
you know it takes only a few minutes for this harrie guy to go to the bank and deposit 7k to the op's account if he cant supply the paint
i feel that the people who want this thread closed are guys who are bonding with this harrie guy cause they themselves have cheated other people like harrie did to the op

Last edited by dockap : 12th December 2009 at 09:54.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:00   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
cougar@Mods: I would suggest deletion of this entire thread
I would say close the thread mods. not delete it. James has nothing more to add other than updating us that Harrie still has not paid. Harrie is now not going to pay at all !

so the thread can be closed and opened in the future if there are any updates from JAMES or HARRIE only
Old 12th December 2009, 10:08   #170
BHPian

Quote:
How is this different from, let's say, "Skoda cheating customer" thread?
The difference is that in the Skoda thread, there is a third party involved. Here the parties involved are both TBHP members who found each other on the classifieds section on the site and now have some commercial dispute.

Quote:
hey man i dont think anyone has held team bhp responsible. whats your problem with this thread ? i think its a good way of letting other members know about this harrie guy so that they would be more careful while dealing with him.if you dont like it than dont read it
you know it takes only a few minutes for this harrie guy to go to the bank and deposit 7k to the op's account if he cant supply the paint
If the point was to let people know of this harrie guy then that happened on Page 4 itself! I doubt if anyone is going to do business with harrie from this point. WHy drag this mess further?

What is the point of hourly updates of the kind we have been seeing: (take a look above): 2100 hours, then 22:30 hours: no payment no payment etc etc?

Point made: harrie=bad guy. now move on. And stop using team-bhp forums to wash your dirty linen.

Quote:
i feel that the people who want this thread closed are guys who are bonding with this harrie guy cause they themselves have cheated other people like harrie did to the op
Oh please! Surely before posting this you should have thought things through?

we dont know harrie and i hadnt even read most of his posts till now! our concern is with the forum being turned into a platform for attacks and counter attacks.

Last edited by COUGAR : 12th December 2009 at 10:10.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:21   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
People use these forums to further their own business.
+1.. couldn't agree more!
Old 12th December 2009, 12:15   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the point of hourly updates of the kind we have been seeing: (take a look above): 2100 hours, then 22:30 hours: no payment no payment etc etc?
Find a good pair of reading glasses. The updates have been on different dates, sometimes a week between them. Hold onto your opinion, but don't misrepresent facts.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:22   #173
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post

Mods, Could you'll please take some kinda' action against this member? It would be nice if you'll could remove all his adverts from the classified so that the chances of him swindling a fellow-member would be reduced! He is nothing but a cheat and a disgrace to this community!

P.S. I would appreciate it if you'll dont edit this post. He has cheated us, given us silly excuses and shamelessly disappeared again!!

Thanks
Zahin Aranha.
Very aptly said.

This will help lot of unsuspecting T-BHP'ians taken for a ride by such guys.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:42   #174
BHPian

OMG!! What is wrong with you guys! Please dont turn this into a fight. I was juat updating this as i wanted to add a note to the mods requesting them to Delete all Harris(Yeah i know its Harrie but i frankly dont give a damn) adverts in the classified section.
The money is gone and i doubt we'll ever see it again. Right now it doesnt matter as the bonnet mod and paint work has been completed here itself and the car is a real beauty. My friends and I are very happy with the local tinkerer and painter's workmanship!

Ill be driving the car to bangalore on the 18th from mysore side.(mangalore-madikeri-mysore-bangalore) Could someone please tell me how to get into town and reach race dynamics workshop in koramangala? I know nothing bout blore and the roads and traffic kinda scares me. No satnav either.
Or if any member from mysore would like to join me for a drive to b'lore, you are most welcome!

Last edited by Dippy : 14th December 2009 at 18:39. Reason: Post edited. Lets not get personal here.
Old 12th December 2009, 20:28   #175
Team-BHP Support

James,

If I'm free, I'd be happy to help you! I'd like to join you when you reach Bangalore. Although I'm not completely and totally aware of my plans. I shall let you know!
Old 12th December 2009, 21:17   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
James,

If I'm free, I'd be happy to help you! I'd like to join you when you reach Bangalore. Although I'm not completely and totally aware of my plans. I shall let you know!
That would be great, Suhas! Please do let me know.
Old 13th December 2009, 12:15   #177
BHPian

Here are a few pics of the car that my friend took yesterday.
Bad experience with a custom bonnet job-11144_1217320028142_1083094758_30556218_976265_n.jpg
Bad experience with a custom bonnet job-11144_1217329548380_1083094758_30556226_922696_n.jpg

Im looking for a pair of projector headlamps for this car to pair with 4300k and 6000k HID's. These lamps are useless on the highway.

Last edited by james : 13th December 2009 at 12:17.
Old 13th December 2009, 12:27   #178
Senior - BHPian

That place on the bonnet, along with the raised ridge, will make it pretty much useless functionally. If you're going for looks only, it looks good
Old 13th December 2009, 15:32   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
That place on the bonnet, along with the raised ridge, will make it pretty much useless functionally. If you're going for looks only, it looks good
Yeah, pranav, it will affect air flow and wont be as effective as we though it would be.. But it does help in cooling down the engine a bit. And it looks pretty as well!
Old 13th December 2009, 18:42   #180
Senior - BHPian

The best place to get good high-pressure air flow is either on the front bumper or on the hood near the base of the windshield where the hood ends. The place where you've made the cut would primarily aid in getting hot air out from under the hood. Add the ridge to it and you're disrupting the flow of any air that would normally enter through the cut.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks