Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2012, 16:57   #6121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Currently using 80W Bulbs from Narva. They are white in color and don't penetrate much. Looking for something in the range of the halogen color temperature.

What are my options in that wattage range? I already have a relay+ceramic holders setup in place just need an update to the bulbs.

PS: Its a H7 bulb.

I sometimes am tempted to go for a HID setup, but the reflectors + poor visibility in rains owing to white light keeps me away.
Old 10th May 2012, 17:26   #6122
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@AVR; Not much except to change the lamps. With higher wattage there is more heat which tends to damage the coating in the reflector. Renewal is well nigh impossible.
Thanks sgiitk. No way the coating can be redone?
Old 10th May 2012, 19:38   #6123
BHPian

Guys,I need to fit LED sill plate for my friend's AVEO sedan.I couldnt find any sill plate online but this.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
I am not sure this will suit the car.Car is 2011 make.Please,let me know if this will suit.

Last edited by white-rabbit : 10th May 2012 at 19:50.
Old 10th May 2012, 20:02   #6124
BHPian

Hello all,

Bad experiences on rainy night trips led me to look for an aux light to supplement my 35/35W halogen headlight on my Yezdi Roadking. The Neolite comes with a 55W H3 halogen (readily available, hence popular) that drains out the battery in 5-10 minutes apparently. PIAA claims 70W output for their "Extreme White" 35W H3 halogen. Would this be a direct replacement for the Neolite aux light bulb? If so, where in India is it available? Is it worth the expense?

Cheers,
Rahul

Last edited by voodoochild : 10th May 2012 at 20:12.
Old 13th May 2012, 10:51   #6125
BHPian

Yesterday I fitted Philips Essential Vision 100/90W bulbs in my Alto, along with a Lumax relay and wiring kit. It came with two ceramic holders and two fuses as well. I noticed that the fuse housings have a slight opening at the juncture where they can be opened to replace the fuse, and during a wash, water can very well seep into it.

Hence, I packed them securely with black tape, put a plastic cover around them, taped over it again tightly, and taped it at the base as well to prevent any openings. Essentially, they are water proof now, no chances of water getting into them. However, the immediate thought that struck me was that this might cause them to heat up. I switched on the lights on high beam and kept them on for about 5 minutes, and noticed that the fuse housings were heating up near the base, as were the wires coming into the housing, at the point where they enter the housing. Beyond that, they were fine.

Is this normal for the fuse housings to heat up during use, or is it because of the extra protection that I have put around them? I know it is easy to verify by just removing the protection and checking, but I did this more so because tomorrow the car goes to MASS, and prior to that I will not be doing any night-time driving, so no question of using the lights.

Just needed to know whether I need to remove the protection after the service, or if the heat issue is normal and I can continue using it the way it is presently. Thanks.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:42   #6126
Senior - BHPian

LED bulb upgrade for my Polo 1.6

Hi guys,

I am looking to upgrade all my bulbs (except headlight & Fog light bulbs) to LEDs on my 2011 Polo 1.6. I however do not know the individual bulb sepceifications / size and the same is not mentioned in the owner's manual. I need the following:

1. Turn Indicator bulbs (Front, Side & Rear)
2. Parking Bulbs (Front & Rear)
3. Reverse Bulb
4. Rear Fog Light Bulb

I also need them in the stock colour. For example, the front parking bulbs should be yellow LEDs and not white LEDs which are usually used in most upgrades.

I am also planning to upgrade my headlight & fog light bulbs to better quality ones but with OE specifications but again I do not know the size as the owners manual states H4 and H7 for the headlights.

Please help me with the above.
Old 14th May 2012, 10:53   #6127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Currently using 80W Bulbs from Narva. They are white in color and don't penetrate much. Looking for something in the range of the halogen color temperature.

What are my options in that wattage range? I already have a relay+ceramic holders setup in place just need an update to the bulbs.

PS: Its a H7 bulb.

I sometimes am tempted to go for a HID setup, but the reflectors + poor visibility in rains owing to white light keeps me away.
Where did you find H7 80W Narva, can you guide me to the shop? Also are Palio high beams H1 or H7? I have been searching for H7-H7 combination relay wiring kit for sometime but not successful. Would it be advisible to put the 80w bulb directly without a relay?
Old 14th May 2012, 11:05   #6128
BHPian

Just installed Roolites on my Scorpio. See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2775883 for a report.

I'm looking at a remote switch that can be used to control this. Anyone used one that can be mounted on the steering wheel, like stereo remotes? These should be removable so that the lights can be operated by a co-passenger if required (read wife!)

this is not steering mounted, but a close second I found this on amazon but has anyone here used something like this before? Amazon.com: RM01 1 Channel Wireless Control On/Off: Automotive

Last edited by triedeverything : 14th May 2012 at 11:06.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:09   #6129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Where did you find H7 80W Narva, can you guide me to the shop? Also are Palio high beams H1 or H7? I have been searching for H7-H7 combination relay wiring kit for sometime but not successful. Would it be advisible to put the 80w bulb directly without a relay?
I picked up my Hi and Lo Narva bulbs from JC Road.

Hi -> H1
Lo -> H7

I got my relay installed at Bosch Car service. Would not recommend installing a higher wattage bulb without a relay!
Old 14th May 2012, 21:06   #6130
BHPian

An update on my previous post #6128 on this thread.

Today after the service I removed the tape and plastic wrapping from the fuse housings. It was evening, and I drove the car around with the headlights on for about 15 minutes. When I stopped and popped open the hood, I discovered that the fuse housing and the relay was really hot. It did cool down soon enough, though.

Is this normal? Or is there a problem with my setup?
Old 14th May 2012, 22:00   #6131
Senior - BHPian

Ordered one set of Hella Optilux 1122 model fog lamps from Amazon.com. Got very good deal considering that in India it is available ~5000 Rupees. I liked its look and went for it. Did not do much research and read review about it.

Best part is it is of silver color and it will match bumper color of Safari and I need not put extra bar in front of it. I found the place where I will fix it.

Also, in future I can put HID into it for experiment purpose and it has projector.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-model1122.jpg

Pic courtsey hella optilux website.

I have one query: What are the options of better bulbs of H3 in India?

Last edited by anujmishra : 14th May 2012 at 22:10.
Old 15th May 2012, 20:21   #6132
BHPian

Upgraded my headlamp to Philips X-treame Vision +100%. Light is improved a lot, need to do a proper focussing before I try a highway night ride.

I baught this from Singapore @ S$95. Don't know how much it will cost here in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-15052012749.jpg  

Old 15th May 2012, 22:36   #6133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Upgraded my headlamp to Philips X-treame Vision +100%. Light is improved a lot, need to do a proper focussing before I try a highway night ride.

I baught this from Singapore @ S$95. Don't know how much it will cost here in Bangalore.
You got heavily conned by paying Singapore $95. It is available in India for Rs. 850 and I am using it for quite some time. It is more than 4 times price at India.

Last edited by anujmishra : 15th May 2012 at 22:38.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:23   #6134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post

You should've tried Chawla Traders who are the authorised dealers for Philips Automotive Lighting in Bangalore according to the website. Located at JC Road, I could find what looked I think were XTreme Vision bulbs H4, 55/60 for Rs. 500 from here. So 1k for a set. No MRP, no warranty, no nothing though. But definitely cheaper that the 95$ you paid for the bulbs.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:20   #6135
BHPian

Guys. I'm looking for OEM headlight assay for the Santro Xing. At the company it costs 2.5K a piece. Any other Alternative for a lesser price. Pls advice. Looking for OEM Headlamp and Fog Lamp assay. I can do the fittment myself. Just trying to avoid the obnoxious company spare part costs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks