Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 16:46   #1606
BHPian

help to improve pajero headlights

Hi friends,
can some one suggest ways to improve pajero head lights. The options I have considered are Increasing the wattage with a relay kit or going for a hid kit. Can you suggest which is the best. One warning I have received was increasing the wattage will burn the front dome of the head light.
Old 9th April 2008, 23:20   #1607
BHPian

You could try philips, it is one of the better know brands and is officially available in india.
Old 10th April 2008, 03:25   #1608
BANNED

guys,
Does anyone know about a company called "Campact Electric Limited". it is a Indian company and manufactures halogen bulbs and HID conVersion kits by the name of "Xenolix" with 2 year warranty. pricing is also mentioned on the website for various kits.
LINK - Xenolix
Old 10th April 2008, 08:47   #1609
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mien got the 130W ones for his swift. The holders melted. Will try to post pix if I remember when I meet hi,.
Old 10th April 2008, 09:51   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchits View Post
guys,
Does anyone know about a company called "Campact Electric Limited". it is a Indian company and manufactures halogen bulbs and HID conVersion kits by the name of "Xenolix" with 2 year warranty. pricing is also mentioned on the website for various kits.
LINK - Xenolix
25K for an HID kit?? And that too an unknown brand!
Old 10th April 2008, 09:53   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
guys,
LINK - Xenolix
The price of a Xenolix H4 HID kit is mentioned as 25.6k and have never heard of this brand before. I would rather buy Philips for 20k.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 10th April 2008 at 09:55.
Old 10th April 2008, 12:50   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Hi!

Has anyone bought Osram Silverstar 60/55 H4 bulbs in Bangalore ? CAn you please share the name/contact of the dealers?

Most of the dealers I contacted have the 100/110 bulbs.

cheers!
Osram Dealer in Bangalore: Reliance Auto Near Minerva Circle, JC Road. Contact : Nilesh Gandhi 9880896117. Osram Marketing Manager: Satya Prasad : 9740000650
Old 10th April 2008, 16:27   #1613
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
25K for an HID kit?? And that too an unknown brand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
The price of a Xenolix H4 HID kit is mentioned as 25.6k and have never heard of this brand before. I would rather buy Philips for 20k.

Cheers
guys, only the HI & Low beams xenon H4 is for 25k, all the single beam HID are for 14.4k with 2 year warranty. and i believe they are giving a discount of 5k, if someone from bangalore or chennai can confirm, as these are the contact addresses mentioned on the website.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:47   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
guys, only the HI & Low beams xenon H4 is for 25k, all the single beam HID are for 14.4k with 2 year warranty. and i believe they are giving a discount of 5k, if someone from bangalore or chennai can confirm, as these are the contact addresses mentioned on the website.
But still why pay soo much dude for a product which comes from a company which isn't heard off?? Why not buy a proven HID kit which has been used successfully in various cars in the indian market, something like a P4 or Autoguage or another brand called as Racetech which IIRC Maggie is using in his Swift. I believe all the above kits are available for 12-13k which more or less is in the same price range as the one from Xenolix.

If i was you, i would not settle for anything lesser than the Philips atleast when the car in question is the modern Civic and i wouldn't risk the car electricals in any way by adding an HID kit from a lesser known brand.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 10th April 2008 at 21:49.
Old 10th April 2008, 22:01   #1615
Team-BHP Support

Apologies upfront for asking a question that I am sure has been asked and answered here in this thread. But 108 pages is a little too much info and scouting around ain't easy.

Ok, my query revolves around my Swift VDI. I am not happy with the headlights and the illumination provided by them forcing me to use the high beam sometimes; something that I hate to do. What can be done to improve the visibility ?
-- I dont intend to spend more than a grand or thereabouts so the fancy HIDs, or whatever they are called, are out.
-- Shall I get some better bulbs of the same wattage ? If yes, please suggest which ones and if possible, place from where I can source them.
-- Shall I upgrade to 90/100 bulbs ? If yes, what all needs to go in ? Relay, holders, wiring etc ? Again, which ones and from where ?
-- My MUL service advisor has put his hands up saying that they do not help in any kind of upgrades.

PS: I have stock fog lamps. Any recommendation in West Delhi and Gurgaon will be welcome. Noida also will do.
Old 10th April 2008, 23:17   #1616
BANNED

has anyone heard of the Brand HELIOS, its a german brand which manufactures aftermarket HID kits. i dont know much about this brand but i am getting this for 9k from dubai. As even Dubai is filled with asian made kits which cost as low as 2k.
So, i am planning to go for HELIOS, i have searched the net and it seems to be one of the top brands for aftermarket HID's. But, if someone can confirm that if it really is a good brand.

Last edited by sanchits : 10th April 2008 at 23:21.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:41   #1617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Apologies upfront for asking a question that I am sure has been asked and answered here in this thread. But 108 pages is a little too much info and scouting around ain't easy.

Ok, my query revolves around my Swift VDI. I am not happy with the headlights and the illumination provided by them forcing me to use the high beam sometimes; something that I hate to do. What can be done to improve the visibility ?
-- I dont intend to spend more than a grand or thereabouts so the fancy HIDs, or whatever they are called, are out.
-- Shall I get some better bulbs of the same wattage ? If yes, please suggest which ones and if possible, place from where I can source them.
-- Shall I upgrade to 90/100 bulbs ? If yes, what all needs to go in ? Relay, holders, wiring etc ? Again, which ones and from where ?
-- My MUL service advisor has put his hands up saying that they do not help in any kind of upgrades.

PS: I have stock fog lamps. Any recommendation in West Delhi and Gurgaon will be welcome. Noida also will do.
Bump: Brothers, mere dimaag ki batti jalao please . Seriously, a highway drive is coming up and I really wanna upgrade before that
Old 11th April 2008, 11:59   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Shall I upgrade to 90/100 bulbs ? If yes, what all needs to go in ? Relay, holders, wiring etc ? Again, which ones and from where ?
This is the best option in the budget you have. You will need a relay. It will cost around 500 bucks. I have done a similar upgrade on my swift. It was done at the service centre itself and I was told they did not have to cut any wiring. For bulbs go for philips rally 90/100 bulbs. The visibility will improve considerably.Total cost will be around 900 bucks including labour
Old 11th April 2008, 12:31   #1619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
This is the best option in the budget you have. You will need a relay. It will cost around 500 bucks. I have done a similar upgrade on my swift. It was done at the service centre itself and I was told they did not have to cut any wiring. For bulbs go for philips rally 90/100 bulbs. The visibility will improve considerably.Total cost will be around 900 bucks including labour
Thanks. Did you not get new holders ?
Old 11th April 2008, 14:05   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Did you not get new holders ?
No, The supervisor said its not required. Many swift owners on the forum are running the same setup. I picked up the advice from this thread itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks