Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On modifying a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 13:46   #211
BHPian

Try these amazing products from Tunap, I get them from UK.
http://www.tunap.com/en/ranges/autom...rs-engine.html
Old 24th February 2010, 14:32   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Try these amazing products from Tunap, I get them from UK.
TUNAP - Chemistry with Drive - Passenger cars - Engine

Will they have a real effect on the performance of the Diesel car?
Old 24th February 2010, 15:32   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I want to check if there can be any modification done to Bolero with Xd3pu heart to increase the BHP something like Turbocharger + intercooler+ Filters. I would be glad if I can get atleast 10-15 horses more.

If it is possible, could someone suggest me the place in Bangalore where I can get it done and the cost and risk involved.
Hi Rajesh,

You can add a Turbo to the XD3P heart as well as a performance filter and a later model fuel pump. This should increase the performance a bit though am not sure about the figures in actual. Heard member Psycho does TC jobs. Search the Forum for more details.

The rest are easy and simpler to do!

A simpler option for more power is to swap with the older scorpio engine!

Happy Jeeping.
Old 24th February 2010, 16:42   #214
BHPian

I have a Punto which has a very short first and second gears, can anything be done to improve the range in these gears? I know Pete would increase the pull from 3rd gear, but is there anything for the first 2gears?
Old 24th February 2010, 17:11   #215
BHPian

Thank You Headers Bhai, I have PM'ed Psycho on your suggestions.

Regards,
Rajesh
Old 25th February 2010, 12:41   #216
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I have a Punto which has a very short first and second gears, can anything be done to improve the range in these gears? I know Pete would increase the pull from 3rd gear, but is there anything for the first 2gears?
Different ways to change the gearing:

1. Easiest = Change overall diameter of the tyres. Not recommended on the Punto.

2. Change the final drive ratio. Not recommended on a new car (have to open the diff).

3. Change the first two gear ratios. Not recommended on a new car (have to open the gearbox).

Net net, I'm telling you to live with it. If you want more performance, get a diesel tuning box.
Old 26th February 2010, 01:04   #217
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I take it that the version you have is the 76PS one. In Europe they offer the 90 and a 95PS version, which has got a bigger turbo.

The turbos are basically a bolt on job.

To get the turbo cheap, we have in Europe the recon version, which is as new as the new one, but means that it is sold cheaper because Fiat gets subsidised on these items.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:00   #218
BHPian

Anyone has tried Diesel Tuning Systems from CHIP Express™ , Diesel Tuning by CHIP Express
I wanted to know will there be a increase in fuel efficieny on adding the Diesel Tuning Systems.
FOr my Fabia TDi option on addinf the tuning system is a 20bhp increase from 70 bhp.
Is it worth spending £395 for this?
Are there any negitive effects on engine in long run.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:16   #219

Hi guys. I have a new Dzire LDi. It does not have a RPM gauge. Can I fit the one of the Ritz DDIS? If so, how? The instrument and cable cost just Rs 1050(OE). Please do advice
Old 8th May 2010, 13:28   #220
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjoe View Post
Hi guys. I have a new Dzire LDi. It does not have a RPM gauge. Can I fit the one of the Ritz DDIS? If so, how? The instrument and cable cost just Rs 1050(OE). Please do advice
Of course you can! Since you car is brand new, its best to have the same fitted at the authorised service station.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:15   #221
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjoe View Post
You should not need any cable as the loom is already prepared for fitting the rpm gauge.
Old 26th July 2010, 18:33   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Anyone has tried Diesel Tuning Systems from CHIP Express™ , Diesel Tuning by CHIP Express
I wanted to know will there be a increase in fuel efficieny on adding the Diesel Tuning Systems.
FOr my Fabia TDi option on addinf the tuning system is a 20bhp increase from 70 bhp.
Is it worth spending £395 for this?
Are there any negitive effects on engine in long run.
entropy had got tuning boxes for Audi Q7 from ChipExpress.com. And his views are here.

However for Fabia, you need to check the availability and suitability before ordering.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:07   #223
DNS
BHPian

Hi guys,

So the Pete's box is in, the CAI is in too.

Any suggestions on the next step. FFE may be? But would it make any difference at all?
Old 1st September 2010, 15:21   #224

OK so here's a poser

Phew!

Reading 15 pages of comments, much of which is too technical for me to completely understand without referencing is quite a task! But seriously, know a fair bit, at least an overview, of diesels after reading all your posts. Obviously I have reason to. I have a 2005 Ambassador Avigo 2000 DSL and while all you power and speed freaks out there talk of improving 0-100 specs, I just need to get enough power out of my 50 bhp diesel to make sure I can move when the light turns greens with the aircon on! Seriously, the car's a beauty and I love it but the engine, which, while quite frugal on gas, is a no starter when it comes to any sort of performance.
So here's what I've gathered from all the stuff I've been reading on this post. I would REALLY appreciate if any of you could point out holes in my plans or suggest something which might help me

1. I need a K&N filter. Any ideas on which one? IS there a difference between an 'air intake kit' and merely a filter?

2. I need to get my fuel pump serviced ( my car has only done 35000 kms) and re-tuned to deliver more fuel. And this can be done at Bosch or Lucas service centers - any suggestions for one in Delhi?

3. A free flow exhaust system. I'm a bit worried about this because as everyone here undoubtedly knows, the car is rather loud and cabin insulation hasn't yet been invented at HM. Will this raise sound levels considerably?

4. Lastly I've never got my CAT Converter cleaned. Is that something which is done in a regular service? Will that make a big difference? With a free flow exhaust system, will they remove the CAT anyway?

Obviously a Pete's tuning box is not an option on my ancient powerplant. In my ignorance I actually mailed Pete's and they....well I think they were laughing at me :( I toyed with the idea of getting a turbocharger but I think that's too risky unless done super professionally and don't think its a good idea). HM actually came out with a 74 BHP diesel turbo but I don't know if I can just source that engine, and in any case there are too few of them on the roads to be able to evaluate whether it is any good anyway.

Anything else guys. I really need some help here.

Thanks!
Old 1st September 2010, 18:09   #225
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Let me try and answer your points, though I'm no expert. Please read my suggestions in BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Dalliance View Post
I just need to get enough power out of my 50 bhp diesel to make sure I can move when the light turns greens with the aircon on! Seriously, the car's a beauty and I love it but the engine, which, while quite frugal on gas, is a no starter when it comes to any sort of performance.

1. I need a K&N filter. Any ideas on which one? IS there a difference between an 'air intake kit' and merely a filter?

A good K&N filter will increase the intake roar and the difference will be marginal.

2. I need to get my fuel pump serviced ( my car has only done 35000 kms) and re-tuned to deliver more fuel. And this can be done at Bosch or Lucas service centers - any suggestions for one in Delhi?

This is very important - If you have a Delphi / Lucas pump go to LIS else Bosch pump, goto Bosch service centre. These are the guys who can tune the heart!

3. A free flow exhaust system. I'm a bit worried about this because as everyone here undoubtedly knows, the car is rather loud and cabin insulation hasn't yet been invented at HM. Will this raise sound levels considerably?

A Freeflow will definitely improve the accelaration, but the primary and secondary have to be designed by an expert for your car. If NOT done properly, the effect will become worse!

4. Lastly I've never got my CAT Converter cleaned. Is that something which is done in a regular service? Will that make a big difference? With a free flow exhaust system, will they remove the CAT anyway?

Yes they can remove the CAT

Anything else guys. I really need some help here.
You could also check your engine valve guides, valve springs, tappets etc. This needs to be set correctly for the engine to generate power and needs to be done by an expert for benefits.

Inspite of all the above dont expect the 50BHP engine to generate 70BHP. It will not!! You may atmost get around 10% more power and a visible improvement in acceleration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks