Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 19:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!

To add to it, the transcript of Shumi's take on the 'Zuma.

http://overdrive.in/reviews/suzuki-i...st-ride-india/
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 11:40   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
To add to it, the transcript of Shumi's take on the 'Zuma.

http://overdrive.in/reviews/suzuki-i...st-ride-india/
That's flattery... paid review . If you refer ACI's review:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...de-373755.aspx

Basically Suzuki got all wrong with the bike... it's heavy @ 183 kgs, which effects the outright performance & not easy to take sharp turns. I am sure it not be easy on the fuel consumption as Also, ABS is not an option even.

And, the looks do not justify the cost (Rs.3 lacs). Basically barring refinement & good built it's got nothing special to justify the price. But the same can be had from a Honda CBR250 & KTM390 for lot less (Rs.1 Lacs). Also the Yamaha R25 is expected in 2015 & should be cheaper than this.

Not sure why would buy this bike over formidable competitors.

Suzuki should have bought same engine under the Gixxer brand bike instead.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:10   #168
BHPian

I agree it is over-priced because of its CKD route, but the bike itself is of a different segment. Why are people so hell-bent on comparing this with the Duke or the CBRs or the Ninja. Duke was a high performance machine with absolutely no regard to the pillion. The CBRs and the Ninjas are full-faired ones, very difficult to maneuver in the city. And the Inazuma tries to be a premium commuter on which one can make occasional short tours as well. It ticks all my requirements at least, understated look, twin cylinder refinement, solid build etc., except the price.

I believe a few would like to say the Aquila 250 is vfm at 2.7L with a drum at the rear?

Just because we don't like the price doesn't mean it is a bad bike. Its not bad engineering if it doesn't meet our requirements. Check out all the international reviews of this bike and figure how many of them are paid! There are a lot of fans world over from down under to the Europe who like its under-stated looks and look at it as a solid entry level learner bike.

Reminds me of all the fuss with Jazz when it was first launched over-priced.
paliontile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 00:16   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliontile View Post
Just because we don't like the price doesn't mean it is a bad bike. Its not bad engineering if it doesn't meet our requirements.
Very True, I was kinda upset at the price that Suzuki India Launched the bike, but the more I thought about it, this is the only bike in the 3 Lakh range that meets my requirements of being a comfortable tourer/street bike.

I checked it out today and everything fell in place, and I am still upset about the price, but hopefully there will be one in my garage by the end of the week.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 4th March 2014 at 00:17.
Old 4th March 2014, 07:47   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I checked it out today and everything fell in place, and I am still upset about the price, but hopefully there will be one in my garage by the end of the week.
Oh, deliveries have commenced or still in booking stage?

Congratulations BTW. Waiting for the initial report!

Anurag.
Old 4th March 2014, 08:23   #171
BHPian

What is the usp of this bike? Hard to believe suzuki getting this to India, it's atleast a decade old styling. Performance, styling doesn't justify such hefty price tag. Add a lakh more, HD 750 looks quite reachable now.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:13   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Oh, deliveries have commenced or still in booking stage?
My dealer has got 4 vehicles and only 1 delivered so far. He has 2 Black & 1 Red. There is no takers for this, so when you go in there and ask for Inazuma, the manager gets out of his office to meet you. They have to move 12 lakhs worth of Inventory.

Quote:
Congratulations BTW. Waiting for the initial report!
Will finalize in a day or two as I have also been offered a Duke 390 with 1000kms for 1.75 L. The fact that Duke 390 has ABS and I save half the price is what is making me pause. If I go ahead with the Inazume, I will post a report later this week.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 4th March 2014 at 11:18.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:17   #173
BANNED

Quote:
My dealer has got 4 vehicles and only 1 delivered so far. He has 2 Black & 1 Red. There is no takers for this, so when you go in there and ask for Inazuma, the manager gets out of his office to meet you. They have to move 12 lakhs worth of Inventory.

Will finalize in a day or two as I have also been offered a Duke 390 with 1000kms for 1.75 L. The fact that Duke 390 has ABS and I save half the price is what is making me pause. If I go ahead, I will post a report later this week.
I'd say D390 is better than the Suzuki unless you like that bike. So can we expext discounts on the Suzuki since it has no takers?!

I am waiting for your decision.

Anurag.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:23   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd say D390 is better than the Suzuki unless you like that bike. So can we expext discounts on the Suzuki since it has no takers?!

I am waiting for your decision.

Anurag.
I live in the hills in Ooty and for me low end Torque is very important. I have riden both the Duke 200 and Duke 390. For outright performance the 390 is way to go. However, with 390 you need to keep working the gearbox as torque/power drops as speed drops. In the 200 you can still lug it in gear almost like a bullet to some extend and much better than 390 in this aspect. My hesitation with Duke is primarly for the following reasons:

1) I am on the heavier side so after riding the duke for a day, I find that skin around my knees gets stretched due the rear off-set pedals and I feel some discomfort there. Many times, I end up putting my feet on the crash guard but this works only when you are cruising and not in the hills.

Besides the price factor and lakh of ABS, the Inazuma checks the boxes for my specific need. But 1.6 lakhs is not a sum you can ignore easily.
Old 4th March 2014, 11:40   #175
BHPian

Quote:
1) I am on the heavier side so after riding the duke for a day, I find that skin around my knees gets stretched due the rear off-set pedals and I feel some discomfort there. Many times, I end up putting my feet on the crash guard but this works only when you are cruising and not in the hills.
I doubt if you are heavier than me, but I ride the duke regularly, and even do decent distances on the regular basis. I am sure you'd get used to it

Quote:
Besides the price factor and lakh of ABS, the Inazuma checks the boxes for my specific need. But 1.6 lakhs is not a sum you can ignore easily
You can even go for a Duke 200 if ABS is not an issue. Duke 200 is probably more fun in the cities. But, ABS saved my life couple of times.

I am not qualified to comment on the Inazuma since I have not ridden it. But, Duke 390 is TOTAL paisa vasool.

And, to consider that you save a lot of money (compared to that Inazuma), it should be an easy decision.

With 390, You'll be grinning by the end of your every ride. Guaranteed (I am talking like a model for Preethi Mixers and Grinders - Don't know if you have watched one of those ads)
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 13:03   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I doubt if you are heavier than me, but I ride the duke regularly, and even do decent distances on the regular basis. I am sure you'd get used to it
Trust me Duke is a no brainer for 99.9% of folks and I was all gung ho about it, but it a 2 day ride that got me thinking. There was a time, when I have done crazy stuff and now I am on the wrong side of Forty and need something that is a relaxed cruiser, which preferably doesn't have orange wheels .

Anyways, I gave a booking amount for the Inazuma and although the bike is ready, I have given myself a cooling period for 2 days to decide. I don't want to make any impulsive buys that cost 3.5 lakhs when there is a 1.75 Lakh 390 waiting in line

Last edited by 4x4addict : 4th March 2014 at 13:05.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 11:44   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very True, I was kinda upset at the price that Suzuki India Launched the bike, but the more I thought about it, this is the only bike in the 3 Lakh range that meets my requirements of being a comfortable tourer/street bike.

If you are okay with the price, blindly go for it. Its not a bad bike at all. Its just over priced. A bit too much indeed. But if you find that the 'Zuma will check ALL your boxes, just go for it. I am sure it will deliver as I can see from your posts that you are not looking for a high performance machine. But keep away from the feeling that a you are paying way too much than the worth of the bike. Enjoy it and you will forget about the price soon.

And the USP of the bike? As per review more comfortable and unstrained than the CBR while touring even at its 130kph top speed. Comfortable suspension setup and pillion seat, loads of room for luggage , strong low/mid-range punch and bulletproof Suzuki reliability! Throw in a decent touring screen and I am sure it will be THE BEST tourer in the country.

Just remember that the term 'Logic' has an entirely different meaning for enthusiasts like us.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 5th March 2014 at 11:48.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 20:07   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Inazoomed

Finally paid up for the Inazuma, but unfortunately being the first bike in Tamil Nadu, RTO Type approval has not been obtained yet. I will be able to get the bike only bye early/mid next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-inazuma.jpg  

4x4addict is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 21:29   #179
BHPian

Re: Inazoomed

Quote:
Finally paid up for the Inazuma, but unfortunately being the first bike in Tamil Nadu, RTO Type approval has not been obtained yet. I will be able to get the bike only bye early/mid next week.
Congrats 4X4addict. I think you made the right decision of going for the Zuma. I feel it suits you personality and requirements. The Duke sure is a mental motorcycle and loads of fun but would've been overwhelming at the same time as a distance cruiser.
Going by the many reviews of the Zuma that i've read/watched, I'm particularly pleased with the stress free engine and the ride dynamics of the motorcycle. The price is a downer yes, but i'm sure as time goes, it'll justify its price. And many'd say that its an ugly motorcycle but i think its cool to own a 'different' looking motorcycle. You stand out in the crowd.
I know you've to wait until next week to pick it up, but here's wishing you many many happy miles in it.
Now shall wait for your review!!!

Last edited by Porschefire : 7th March 2014 at 21:31.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 19:16   #180
BHPian

All the best 4x4 addict. I'm a fan of Suzuki's reliability as well.
Our garages' parts and others transport max100 is the best example.

Comfortable and sensible bike, relaxed engine.

Doesn't feel like a 20+ ps bike, but the torque, and the momentum you get out of the weight on highways is just awesome. 110 kmph is just easy for our roads and felt safe and well under control for longer distances.
kolimuttai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks