Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 23:03   #211
BHPian

Re: PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
For your reference, here is another user who has got the same information as I did. Quoting from article :
"The Mahindra Mojo’s Pirelli Diablo IIs are excellent and Mahindra Two-Wheelers dealers are I’m told, retailing them for Rs 14,000 a set."

Source : Mahindra Mojo xBHP
Original Source : Overdrive R3 Review

Anyway, I'll have to confirm again with my dealer regarding the same.
thanks for pointing out to this thread. will confirm the price again for you. being ex-MTWL helps!
swapszone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 10:53   #212
BHPian

Mahindra has increased the price of Mojo by Rs.5000 as the introductory offer till Diwali has passed by. The updated ex-showroom prices are as follows :
Delhi - 163,000
Mumbai/Pune - 165,500
Bengaluru - 168,500

Source : Mahindra Mojo Official

Last edited by Funny : 19th November 2015 at 10:54.
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:41   #213
BHPian

I cannot think of any other manufacturer who has increased the prices even before making available a product across India.

Mahindra had a good product and hope they don't get carried away by its success.
Old 28th November 2015, 20:37   #214
BHPian

Hello Bengaluru folks,

There is a ride organized by Mahindra Mojo Bangalore from ITI, KR Puram to Kolar CCD and back at 6AM tomorrow. If interested you have to call up and confirm the same with the officials, you can find all the details at this link : Mahindra Mojo Bangalore

P.S. I am no way related to Mahindra, just a prospective buyer interested in Mojo.

Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 22:31   #215
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Finally I got my Mojo delivered on 9th, after a month of waiting time. The Bike had 15kms on ODO and I've added another 150kms to it by now. Coming from a CB Unicorn, the bike feels very different to ride.
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-1.jpg
The increase in power is evident but the acceleration is very linear, it takes its own sweet time to gain speed, thanks to its 182kgs weight. The front is heavy in city traffic but once you gain speed, you'll feel comfortable with it. I feel that the clutch and brake levers are set a bit downward, I would prefer it a bit upright for comfort, will have to talk to SVC guys about it. Also I am feeling slight wrist pain after riding for long duration, maybe because of the downward set clutch and brake levers. The clutch lever is a bit hard, might be just that I am used to Unicorn's light clutch..
You are provided with a Toolkit and Safety kit under the seat, also there is a place to hold documents below the seat. The dual exhaust note is too good and gives a feel of riding a SBK
The bike grabs a lot of attention on the roads and at places I park it which makes me feel worried about it, although that should reduce as time passes. Going through the run-in by limiting the RPM to 5K, have gone upto 6.5K RPMs few times as the top gears struggle at lower RPMs. Touched a max of 96KMPH till now and one can easily cruise at 85kmph on 6th gear at 5K RPM. One thing I sorely missed was the gear indicator, I don't know why Mahindra couldn't add this useful feature and instead gave a useless 0-100kmph timer and top speed recorder..
The bike does heat up a little in stop-go traffic, thanks to horrible B2B Bengaluru traffic. Although the heat is diverted away from your legs, you'll still feel a little heat while riding in slow city traffic. Out on the highways, the bike feels at ease and the ride is comfortable and stable thanks to the Pirelli tyres. The overall quality of the bike is good but the paint quality is not upto the mark, especially at certain areas such as the front doom edges which houses the console. The digital console looks a bit out of place and could've been bigger in size.

Some more pics :
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-2.jpg
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-3.jpg
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-4.jpg
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-5.jpg

One issue that I found was that the 1st,2nd and 3rd gears were able to work smoothly at 3K RPM but the higher gears 4th,5th and 6th gears struggle at 3K RPM or lower and they only work smoothly at 4K or higher RPMs which makes it difficult to engage and work through them within city limits. Is it normal or there is something wrong with my riding technique?

That's all for now, I will be updating you guys as I munch more miles with my Mojo!

-Funny

Last edited by Funny : 11th December 2015 at 22:34. Reason: More info
Funny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 08:35   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,
Finally I got my Mojo delivered on 9th, after a month of waiting time. The Bike had 15kms on ODO and I've added another 150kms to it by now. Coming from a CB Unicorn, the bike feels very different to ride.

Hello,

How much does it overheat - to the point where you would ave to give the bike a rsst?
Also does it track straight or do you need to make small corrections to keep it on the straight and narrow.
you have mentioned higher gears at slow speeds is an issue, are gears 1,2,3 sufficient for traffic drives.

Last edited by ampere : 14th December 2015 at 09:03. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 14th December 2015, 09:47   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One issue that I found was that the 1st,2nd and 3rd gears were able to work smoothly at 3K RPM but the higher gears 4th,5th and 6th gears struggle at 3K RPM or lower and they only work smoothly at 4K or higher RPMs which makes it difficult to engage and work through them within city limits. Is it normal or there is something wrong with my riding technique?
Mate there is nothing wrong with your riding technique, city riding is limited to the first three gears(in traffic stop and go situation) especially on an oversquare short stroke engine which I believe the Mahindra Mojo is. Since it is a six speed transmission bike the gear ratios would be different than what you had on your Unicorn which is an oversquare engine with more reliance on bottom end torque that allows one to ride on higher gears at lower speeds. The Mojo would jerk and vibrate at lower speeds on higher gears due to its gear ratios and the very nature of short stroke oversquare. Coming from a Unicorn you will learn the technique of riding the Mojo on proper gears very soon. Keep posting your reviews as we have very few Mojo owners on the forum.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 14th December 2015 at 09:49.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 10:27   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
Hello,

How much does it overheat - to the point where you would ave to give the bike a rsst?
Also does it track straight or do you need to make small corrections to keep it on the straight and narrow.
you have mentioned higher gears at slow speeds is an issue, are gears 1,2,3 sufficient for traffic drives.
No it doesn't heat too much, you don't have to give it any sort of rest. Just switching off in long signals works out well. The radiator fan works even when the bike is switched off after a ride, so that the engine temperature goes down to normal level (just like a car). And as I have said, you'll feel a little heat only in stop-go traffic and it is very much bearable. Out on the highways, you wont feel any sort of heat or discomfort at all.
The front of the bike is heavy, hence its a lot more stable on straight line. You don't have do do any corrections as such to keep it going straight. Actually it feels rock solid on highways while going straight, maybe the reviewer you are referring to had got a problematic bike. I suggest you take a longish test rides to confirm the same, for your own peace of mind.
Regarding your query on gearing, navin_v8 has explained it better. To ensure smooth riding, you have to work through the gears a lot, especially during the break-in period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate there is nothing wrong with your riding technique, city riding is limited to the first three gears(in traffic stop and go situation) especially on an oversquare short stroke engine which I believe the Mahindra Mojo is. Since it is a six speed transmission bike the gear ratios would be different than what you had on your Unicorn which is an oversquare engine with more reliance on bottom end torque that allows one to ride on higher gears at lower speeds. The Mojo would jerk and vibrate at lower speeds on higher gears due to its gear ratios and the very nature of short stroke oversquare. Coming from a Unicorn you will learn the technique of riding the Mojo on proper gears very soon. Keep posting your reviews as we have very few Mojo owners on the forum.
Thanks for the information. Even the Mahindra guys told me that 1st,2nd and 3rd gears are short and higher gears are longish, which explains the issue I was facing. Anyway it won't take long for me to get used to it. Within city it's not possible to shift to 6th easily, but you can work through gears 1-5 to keep the Mojo going smooth

-Funny
Old 15th March 2016, 23:35   #219
BHPian

Mahindra has launched Mojo in 15 other cities apart from Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Pune.
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-20160315110301.jpg

~Cheers
Old 24th March 2016, 13:11   #220
BHPian

People - information for Mojo buyers in Chennai,

I just got the phone from the Mahindra Mojo dealer on Poonamalee High Road near Vaishnav College, they are giving ready delivery in Chennai now. No waiting! Yes you heard it right no waiting, they have tons of bikes in stock.

Bring cash and take it in 48 hours registered and all.
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 16:55   #221
Team-BHP Support

In Phase II of its launch, Mahindra has introduced the Mojo motorcycle in 15 more cities in India. The bike is now available at an additional 23 dealerships across 11 states (taking the total to 34 dealerships and 14 states).

Name:  Mojo prices.png
Views: 1574
Size:  45.8 KB

Mahindra is also creating 'Mojo Tribe' communities in these new cities. The Mojo Tribe will provide a platform for Mojo owners to share their riding experiences and plan similar trails with fellow members. Owners can also share live updates via the Mojo Tribe smartphone App.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojopic01.png

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-mahindramojopic02.png

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:04   #222
BHPian

Here is the Overdrive Long Term Review of the rising star MOJO

OD Long Term Mojo
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:43   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Here is the Overdrive Long Term Review of the rising star MOJO
The first Mojo test drive mule in Bangalore is with a friend of mine and he has just crossed 25k on his bike. I had a close look at it a couple of weeks before and it has held up really well. Saying this as this was used by number of people with their different riding styles and their eagerness to rev the engine at the test rides. Apart from a set of tyres, he has not yet invested on any big spends on this bike.

He had taken the bike up NE and Bhutan from December on a 14000km drive and had returned late February. His bike was on the IBW pictures here on the forum. Looks like the build quality of the bike is excellent. But the sales figures are pretty low for this wonderful tourer.
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:52   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
The first Mojo test drive mule in Bangalore is with a friend of mine and he has just crossed 25k on his bike. I had a close look at it a couple of weeks before and it has held up really well. Saying this as this was used by number of people with their different riding styles and their eagerness to rev the engine at the test rides. Apart from a set of tyres, he has not yet invested on any big spends on this bike.

He had taken the bike up NE and Bhutan from December on a 14000km drive and had returned late February. His bike was on the IBW pictures here on the forum. Looks like the build quality of the bike is excellent. But the sales figures are pretty low for this wonderful tourer.
That's some testament to the build quality. Amazing isnt it.

The sales figures are pretty decent for a bike that holds its place totally different from the herd. I am sure they will improve, already its overtaken CBR 250 last month.
Old 3rd April 2016, 07:31   #225
Senior - BHPian

Here is a collage of photos he had sent me during the NE and Bhutan ride.

PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched-1459648812963.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks